PDA

View Full Version : old wwe logo

purewrestlingfan
06-20-2006, 01:56 AM
after the company was renamed as the wwe the titles e.g. world tag team and the i.c. title were still having the old wwf logo. But when old recaps from the wwf attitude era were shown on tv the wwf logo was some what runned out or sprayed over sortof why did they do so ?

TerranRich
06-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Welcome to 2006. They are no longer allowed to use the scratch-style WWF logo, but the block style WWF logo is OK. I'm guessing this is because the scratch WWF logo looks too much like the current WWE logo, and it might confuse viewers and make people think WWE is still calling themselves WWF, while the old block style WWF logo is recognized as old footage.

Xero
06-20-2006, 11:30 AM
I've heard that the only reason the scratch logo and not the block logo is blocked out is because it wasn't their logo at the time of the lawsuit.

Kane Knight
06-20-2006, 03:06 PM
I've heard that the only reason the scratch logo and not the block logo is blocked out is because it wasn't their logo at the time of the lawsuit.

Bingo.

Savio
06-20-2006, 04:46 PM
I think he's asking why the titles weren't blurred out before they changed them.

Mike the Metal Ed
06-20-2006, 05:24 PM
Which is because they were probably given a phasing out period to get the name changed publicised, clear out old stock and change the belts.

Xero
06-20-2006, 06:02 PM
I think he's asking why the titles weren't blurred out before they changed them.
Well, if that's the case, they have and still do blur out the titles IF they had the scratch logos. The scratch logo didn't get on all the titles until about 1999. From 1997 to about 1999 they were still using the block logo on products, but it had the scratch logo over it. They didn't change the belts until they phased the block logo out completely.

I remember that at least for the first week the Attitude championship belt had the block logo. I don't think it went scratch until mid-late 1998.

Kane Knight
06-20-2006, 06:52 PM

He needs to work on his communication skills then.

Anyway, it's hard to legally fight someone over a symbol on live TV, and WWE probably thougt they were safe. There was no cooling period as previously suggested, but there was a period where WWE refused to comply in a lot of fields (WWF forceable Entry, etc.), and they probably thought this was too difficult to sue over.

TerranRich
06-22-2006, 10:58 AM
Haha, FUCK THE PANDAS!

Xero
06-22-2006, 11:57 AM
DOZE PANDAZ RUIND MAH LIEF! IM GONA KIL DEM CAUZ I KANT REMBR THA NEW NAM!

TerranRich
06-22-2006, 02:30 PM
Get the F out! And forgot to put an E in there...

purewrestlingfan
07-01-2006, 03:40 AM
U r A BAD BAD MAyne