PDA

View Full Version : I'm really wondering why I watch this shit.

Stickman
06-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Like many others I never miss a monday night Raw. I've watched wrestling for years, blah blah blah. I've come to the point where I dont' know why I watch anymore. Right now it's DX and ECW invading Raw. I can't stand smackdown, I don't get ECW and Raw is terrible. Other than habit and years of doing it, I really don't know why I watch wrestling. The legends thing has ran it's course, seeing old guys come back will not make me watch unless it's Austin, Rock, Hart and that's it. We all complain about nobody new coming out, yet we still watch. I'm thinking once this DX reunion ends I will finally stop watching on a consistant basis.

What keeps you guys around?

Rob
06-20-2006, 07:26 PM
UFC. If there was no MMA, I would have given up on the lot a long time ago.

Benoit and Guerrero getting the strap kept me for a while. I've been at the end of my wits with WWE for ages. TNA is mildly entertaining but that's about it.

Kane Knight
06-20-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm a fan of entropy.

The Icon of Elisim
06-20-2006, 07:56 PM
I think I just watch from force of habit. I dunno, I could just read the results and I'd be just as happy but I dont

Destor
06-20-2006, 08:23 PM
I love wrestling. Even bad wrestling.

Pegasus Crawford
06-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Some people have an unconscious masochistic side to them.

Boondock Saint
06-20-2006, 09:59 PM
I'm the same. I watch out of habit. DX and ECW are the only things interesting to me, even though the first ECW show sucked, I'm hoping it will improve and renew my interest. I don't watch Smackdown. Just watch RAW out of habit now, and it's usually on the DVR so I fast forward through some it anyway.

I don't want to stop watching entirely, but I feel soon enough I may just end up following results online and not watching. :-\

The kickass DVDs they put out are still nasty though.

jindrak
06-20-2006, 11:52 PM
I've watched wrestling since I was 6. At that time, I became a huge Bret Hart mark and became hooked ever since.

Skippord
06-21-2006, 01:38 AM

What Would Kevin Do?
06-21-2006, 02:05 AM

Londoner
06-21-2006, 05:39 AM
I've been thinking like this lately aswell, think i'm finally coming to the point of stopping the habit completely. I can never watch a show of Raw or Smackdown right the way through anymore, there's always something that just seems like a way to take up time rather than entertain us. I have practically given up already, I just switch over every now and then and as soon as it starts getting boring I immediately turn the channel over. Still enjoy the PPVS though.

Impeccable
06-21-2006, 07:12 AM
I watch it now more out of hope than anything else.

Hope that it will improve and one day will reach the same level that it used to be. The level that attracted me to it in the first place.

I watch in the hope that they can still surprise me...more often than not, when I sit down and watch with my fiancee, I can tell her exactly what is going to happen before it does.

They have managed to surprise me twice this year...Edge using his MITB shot at New Year's Revolution, and Big Show defecting to ECW.

That's twice more than last year...so it's looking up slightly.

Stickman
06-21-2006, 03:53 PM
I watch it now more out of hope than anything else.

Hope that it will improve and one day will reach the same level that it used to be. The level that attracted me to it in the first place.

I watch in the hope that they can still surprise me...more often than not, when I sit down and watch with my fiancee, I can tell her exactly what is going to happen before it does.

They have managed to surprise me twice this year...Edge using his MITB shot at New Year's Revolution, and Big Show defecting to ECW.

That's twice more than last year...so it's looking up slightly.

I'm losing hope.

Team Sheep
06-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Because I love WWE, and Raw & Smackdown entertain me thoroughly every week. I watch all the TNA PPV's asswell, which are great.

Savio
06-21-2006, 04:34 PM
They have no really good mic people anymore Orton and Kurt are like the top guys though.

Innovator
06-21-2006, 05:09 PM
I start to lose hope, then something like the Dragon Gate 6 man rejuvenates me.

Innovator
06-21-2006, 05:20 PM
http://www.rohwrestling.com/MessageBoard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25338

Link to a music video of the match, made by some guy at the ROH boards.

ron the dial
06-21-2006, 05:24 PM
Wrestling was a huge part of my childhood and adolescence, and I'm just not willing to let that end now that I've reached adulthood. I love it, plain and simple, no matter how terrible it gets.

weather vane
06-21-2006, 05:38 PM
BECAUSE YOU ARE ALL LOSERS! YOU WILL WATCH FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES!

Flair Wooo
06-21-2006, 05:42 PM
I havent watched in weeks wrestling sucks now.

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2006, 04:33 AM
This is the second week in a row I have watched only fragmented parts of RAW. Anything with Triple H & Shawn Michaels I skipped. Wrestling works better when there is a consistent show from top to bottom. Mid-card matches really bring quality of shows up. Shelton Benjamin vs. Carlito vs. Johnny Nitro, in all seriousness, is the only match I'd order Vengeance for. Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton, Rob Van Dam vs. Edge and The Spirit Squad vs. DX will no doubt be good matches, but they just don't intrigue me.

Boondock Saint
06-22-2006, 04:42 AM
Yeah I've noticed you haven't been around much, Alienoid.

Or maybe you have, and I haven't.

Hired Hitman
06-22-2006, 05:16 AM
I like Wrestling, it's the only show that is shown in Australia, so I deal with it.

RottingFreak
06-22-2006, 08:22 AM
I'm starting to miss shows, so I guess I'm starting to get out of the habit. I guess you have to be a mark to fully enjoy wrestling now.

Kane Knight
06-22-2006, 12:16 PM
This is the second week in a row I have watched only fragmented parts of RAW. Anything with Triple H & Shawn Michaels I skipped. Wrestling works better when there is a consistent show from top to bottom. Mid-card matches really bring quality of shows up. Shelton Benjamin vs. Carlito vs. Johnny Nitro, in all seriousness, is the only match I'd order Vengeance for. Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton, Rob Van Dam vs. Edge and The Spirit Squad vs. DX will no doubt be good matches, but they just don't intrigue me.

This was one of the few times recently I've participated in Raw threads, and my attention was mostly in the book I was reading. It's sad how little I gave a shit.

Kane Knight
06-22-2006, 12:19 PM
I'm starting to miss shows, so I guess I'm starting to get out of the habit. I guess you have to be a mark to fully enjoy wrestling now.

I think you have to be a smark to enjoy it. One of the folks who watches every show no matter how bad.

I'm falling out of the habit too, and that's hurting WWE. Even with a DX tease, Raw only drew 3.7 on its better hour (Which is up .1). Though that's not the "official" reunion, it shows you how entertaining the product is.