PDA

View Full Version : The Yanks lose another...

VonErich Lives
12-11-2003, 09:48 AM
Pettie signed with the Astros..

Out of the Div, Out of the League, Out of NY...

Woo-Hoo!

Good news for Sox fans.

There is a new rumor of Kevin Brown to the Yanks. Weaver to Chicago, Thomas to the Dodgers and Brown to the Yanks.

Loose Cannon
12-11-2003, 09:59 AM
OH Mother Fuc**** Son of a Bi***. Dammit I loved Pettite, he was my favorite Yankee pitcher ever since I've been a Yankee fan. It's going to take a while for me to get over this one. It's going to be weird not seeing him pitch next year. Well at least I got to see him pitch a couple of yrs ago against the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium. Thanks for the memories Andy :( :( :(

And screw Kevin Brown. That guy is an injury prone machine :mad: :mad:

TheJShow
12-11-2003, 11:14 AM
They Jays have a chance!!!

ok, well maybe not, but apparently they are trying exceptionally hard to get either Miguel Batista or Sidney Ponson, which would make the Jays staff amazing :y:

MoRcHeEbA
12-11-2003, 12:16 PM
WTF VEL WHY DIDNT YOU USE THE OTHER THREAD.. BLAH BLAH BLAH

Head
12-11-2003, 12:28 PM
Damnit.

My favorite pitcher gone.

VonErich Lives
12-11-2003, 01:14 PM
WTF VEL WHY DIDNT YOU USE THE OTHER THREAD.. BLAH BLAH BLAH

your cute when you type in all caps... :naughty: :heart: :love: :p

VonErich Lives
12-11-2003, 01:56 PM
Ya know what makes this better.

3 years, 31.5 Million

The Yanks offered 3 years 39 Million

The Red Sox offered 4 years 54 Million.

For once, it wasn't about the money!

Plus, a player George couldn't buy... Yes, the sox did offer more then NYY but George has a history of buying whoever he wants. Not this time!

Yashamaga
12-11-2003, 02:50 PM
Miguel Batista or Sidney Ponson, which would make the Jays staff amazing

ROTFL OMG

The Outlaw
12-11-2003, 03:02 PM
LOL Yashamaga is a dick

FakeLaser
12-11-2003, 03:04 PM
****. Pettite owned.

TheJShow
12-11-2003, 03:06 PM
ROTFL OMG

#1) Halladay - best pitcher in American League

#2) Ponson - before he was traded to the Giants, there was talk about him being a contender for Cy Young
*If they get him*

#3) Hentgen - showed shades this year of his old stuff, a solid starter

#4) Ted Lilly - a solid, young lefty, with great potential

#5) Josh Towers - went 8-1 last year, not too shabby if you ask me

- - - -

Better than Burkett

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-11-2003, 03:18 PM
NICE

still though...I am getting a little bit sick of tlaking about the Sox so much..and not really talking about the Patriots, you know, the team from around here that has actaully won a championship lately :cool:

VonErich Lives
12-11-2003, 03:20 PM
Hallady? Best in the AL? Top 5 sure, maybe even top 3.

But wouldn't take him #1 in the AL over Pedro, Hudson, Loaiza, and might even take Zito, Mulder and/or Mussina before him.

Pedro
Schilling
Lowe
Wakefield
and ????

I'll take that over your 5.

Yes, injuries can happen, but you can't predict them.
Pedro was pretty healthy last year.
Schilling had his apendex out
Lowe was healthy
Wake was healthy.

Yashamaga
12-11-2003, 03:22 PM
#1) Halladay - best pitcher in American League

#3) Hentgen - showed shades this year of his old stuff, a solid starter

#4) Ted Lilly - a solid, young lefty, with great potential

#5) Josh Towers - went 8-1 last year, not too shabby if you ask me

- - - -

Better than Burkett

lol yeah that sure is an amazing staff. get me those guys ERAs and then we'll talk

btw, the sox have 2 pitchers that are better than Halladay.

1.Pedro Martinez
2.Curt Schilling
3.Derek Lowe
4.Tim Wakefield
5. not Burkett
6.Scott Williamson
7. B H Kim
8. Mike Timlin
9.Keith Foulke (probably)

that's an amazing staff

Yashamaga
12-11-2003, 03:23 PM
btw, I left out Ponson because the blue jays will not get him.

lol the blue jays

Dragon
12-11-2003, 03:27 PM
Damn, pretty big hit to the Yankees.

What starting pitchers do they have now besides Mussina? I really didn't watch baseball at all last year besides the playoffs.

mitch_h
12-11-2003, 03:55 PM
Ya know what makes this better.

3 years, 31.5 Million

The Yanks offered 3 years 39 Million

The Red Sox offered 4 years 54 Million.

For once, it wasn't about the money!

Plus, a player George couldn't buy... Yes, the sox did offer more then NYY but George has a history of buying whoever he wants. Not this time!

Yea I think he is from Houston, so that might explain him not going for the highest offer.

VonErich Lives
12-11-2003, 04:07 PM
Yea I think he is from Houston, so that might explain him not going for the highest offer.

Yep, he took a real "hometown" discount.

He chose Roger Clemens #.

"I was working out with Roger the other day and he meant so much to me growing up and on the Yankees, I asked if he minded if I wore his number"

Now, there's a wild rumor, that the Astros are offering Clemens the deal The Rangers had talked about... being a "Part-time" starting pitcher, and only pitching at home, about 15-20 starts.

I'll LMAO if he does it.

I think Tom Seaver did something like that...

TheJShow
12-11-2003, 04:18 PM
btw, the sox have 2 pitchers that are better than Halladay.

Yea because Pedro really won the Cy Young this year :roll:

TheJShow
12-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Hallady? Best in the AL? Top 5 sure, maybe even top 3.

But wouldn't take him #1 in the AL over Pedro, Hudson, Loaiza, and might even take Zito, Mulder and/or Mussina before him.

Pedro
Schilling
Lowe
Wakefield
and ????

I'll take that over your 5.

Yes, injuries can happen, but you can't predict them.
Pedro was pretty healthy last year.
Schilling had his apendex out
Lowe was healthy
Wake was healthy.

lol Esteban Loaiza is a joke. :lol: Loazia over Halladay

The Red Sox rotation is better, I never said it wasn't. But the Jays staff isn't terrible, I'd still consider it pretty strong (except their bullpen)

TheJShow
12-11-2003, 04:21 PM
btw, I left out Ponson because the blue jays will not get him.

lol the blue jays

lol the Sox haven't won since they came into the league :lol:

and the Jays probably won't get Ponson, but Batista instead :meh: Batista's a solid #3, the Jays just need a #2 starter

Loose Cannon
12-11-2003, 04:22 PM
Yeah about the Blue Jays:

Halladay is a gem and he'll be a contender for the CY Young again next year.

Hentgen is past his prime and I don't think he'll win more then 12 next year.

Lilly, I love this guy, is a great pitcher when he's on. Look what he did with Oakland last year when Mulder went down. He carried that team down the strech. If he pitches like that with the Jays, they will be a definate contender.

As for Ponson, if they get him, well I think he was a one year wonder last year and won't pitch like that again. But he'll fit good with the Jays because the Jays aren't one of the "big" teams like the Giants are. I think he pitches better with up and coming teams and not teams that have been to playoffs the last few years.

But all in all I still think the A'S have the best pitching staff in the league. You have the "Golden Trio" who have the potential to win 20 games in a season at any time. And then you have Rick Harden who will be great in the future. If the A's can just hit the ball in the playoffs and during the season, I don't think anyone can stop them. They need to sign Keith Foulke though.

TheJShow
12-11-2003, 04:24 PM
Yeah about the Blue Jays:

But all in all I still think the A'S have the best pitching staff in the league.

I'd have to agree. If I could pick 3 starters in a rotation, the Big 3 for Oakland would definately be up there.

Boomer
12-11-2003, 04:30 PM
Trust me....they don't need him. They could probably pay Cy Young to come back from the dead to pitch if they had to

Yashamaga
12-11-2003, 04:33 PM
Yea because Pedro really won the Cy Young this year :roll:

hey who had the lowest ERA in the AL?

hey who left the game with a lead a bunch of times to have the bullpen blow it?

hey who missed a handful of starts?

Loose Cannon
12-11-2003, 04:36 PM
I'm actually hearing, on ESPN, that there is a chance Clemens might come back and pitch for Houston because of Pettitte going there.

Pettitte
Clemens
Miller
Oswalt

WOW

MoRcHeEbA
12-11-2003, 04:37 PM
hey who blew game 7 of the series by playing after he should have been taken out.

Hey who almost got is ass kicked by Zimmer (k that's not true but it would have been funny)

I also love how yash thinks boston is the only team that has a chance to win this year.

LOL

MoRcHeEbA
12-11-2003, 04:38 PM
Also it's now official that brown has been traded to the yanks today.

The Show Off
12-11-2003, 04:40 PM
I'm a Yankee fan, and all I know is that the Red Sox all ways fall at the feet of the Evil Empire, sure losing number 46 hurts, it hurts real bad, but they Yanks'll bounce back, they always do. That's why everyone hates them so.

Loose Cannon
12-11-2003, 04:42 PM
Also it's now official that brown has been traded to the yanks today.

AHHHHHH Mother ******* Son a Bi*** again. NO..... WHY did the Yankees trade for him. Well at least if was for that jackoff Weaver who sucks anyway, so I guess its good. But Brown is injury prone.

Yashamaga
12-11-2003, 04:42 PM
hey who blew game 7 of the series

Hey who almost got is ass kicked by Zimmer (k that's not true but it would have been funny)

I also love how yash thinks boston is the only team that has a chance to win this year.

LOL

1. Grady Little

2. :wtf:

3. Yeah because I said that soo many times. Just beacause the Blue Jays will never make the playoffs again doesn't mean I think no one else can win.

TheJShow
12-11-2003, 04:46 PM

Yea exactly, Hallady pitched in more games, thereby increasing the risk of attaining a higher ERA.

Who had more complete games?

Who won more games?

And who won the Cy Young for best pitcher?

lol and the Jays bullpen sucks worse than the Sox so that argument is bogus.

Yashamaga
12-11-2003, 04:50 PM
Yea exactly, Hallady pitched in more games, thereby increasing the risk of attaining a higher ERA.

Who had more complete games?

Who won more games?

And who won the Cy Young for best pitcher?

lol and the Jays bullpen sucks worse than the Sox so that argument is bogus.

Did you not read a thing I wrote?

Halladay pitched more games, that means chances for more wins, more complete game chances AND time to smooth out your ERA.

nothing was worse than the sox bullpen by commitee.

TheJShow
12-11-2003, 05:01 PM
Did you not read a thing I wrote?

Halladay pitched more games, that means chances for more wins, more complete game chances AND time to smooth out your ERA.

nothing was worse than the sox bullpen by commitee.

Yea but after I saw that you said that the Sox bullpen was the worse, I figured I might as well use flawed logic too. The Sox bullpen is WAY better than the Jays!

And if you want to use the more games pitched, that could work in Halladay's favour too because he was there when his team needed a big outing, not on the IR. How many times did Pedro pitch on 3 days rest compared to Halladay?

BCWWF
12-11-2003, 05:05 PM
Yeah, Halladay was the better pitcher last year, and he will still be one of the best this year, but like it was said up there, there are other guys who I would rather have than Halladay, Pedro being one.

Also, Johan Santana is so underrated. The way he pitched when he started games last year was unstoppable, in my opinion he more than Shannon Stewart resurged the Twins. You can say he didn't proove himself last year since he only pitched half the season, but if he pitches that good again this whole season he will easily be one of the top in the AL.

The Miz
12-11-2003, 05:26 PM
halladay had the run support guys like mulder could dream of.

no way he's the best pitcher in the majors.

DaveWadding
12-11-2003, 05:26 PM
Johan Santana is so underrated.
I actually agree with you for once....

Corkscrewed
12-11-2003, 06:10 PM
Wow, Pettitte's always solid and that's a big loss. It serves the Yanks right. They go out and buy all these crazy players, but they couldn't even retain their "number 1 priority."

PsychoSport
12-11-2003, 06:19 PM

1. Fair enough.

2. Halladay? Seriously, don't even try to tell me that the Sox bullpen was worse than The Jays. Nobody's bullpen was as bad as the Jays bullpen.

3. If you miss a ton of starts then you don't deserve to be called best pitcher in the league. The best pitcher in the league is one that is truely the workhorse for their team. The one that can be relied upon almost every game for a solid outing. Who led the league in innings pitched? I'll bet it was Halladay.

BTW, I'm sorry but you can't say that Loaiza is better than Halladay at this point in time, whoever said that.

BCWWF
12-11-2003, 09:11 PM
I think really the only pitchers that you can name as great in the American League right now are Mulder, Zito, Hudson, Martinez, Mussina, Schilling (Now), and Halladay.

I don't think you can include guys like Loaiza or Santana because they only have one year, where as these guys are always that good.

I wasn't counting relievers in that list and I may have missed a few, if so I am expecting flames :meh:

Yashamaga
12-11-2003, 09:26 PM
If your talking about one year wonders: Barry Zito shouldnt be on that list

he may prove otherwise in the future though.

Loose Cannon
12-11-2003, 10:01 PM
If your talking about one year wonders: Barry Zito shouldnt be on that list

he may prove otherwise in the future though.

Zito's already proved he's not a one year wonder. He won 17 games in 2001 and 23 in 2002. He pitched pretty good this year too, but the FK'N A's gave him sh** for run support. He pitched great in the playoffs though.