PDA

View Full Version : Is the New ECW Growing on Anybody?

Gertner
06-28-2006, 02:32 PM
I , like everybody else hated the ew ECW, but once i just appreciated it for what it is, I really started to enjoy it. i mean I liked last nights show, and the night before. Hopefully it keeps gettign better

PullMyFinger
06-28-2006, 02:42 PM
Well here's the thing...

Clearly it's better than that train wreck first episode.

However, this isn't ECW. This is WWECW, and therefore, was a huge let down. I thought it would be just like ECW...and there's not really like a hardcore ness about it...it's just like another episode of Velocity or Smackdown.

Xero
06-28-2006, 02:48 PM
If anyone went into this thinking that it was going to be ECW reborn is just nearsighted. It's owned by Vince.

If you don't use the original ECW as a yard stick, the stuff that they produce in this ECW is the best wrestling show on US television, including TNA. While it still reeks of WWE, it's actually booked a bit differently and it shows.

Nark Order
06-28-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm enjoying it more and more every week. The first episode was a bit rough at the time, but if you look back on the first episode now it makes more sense. They should have done a better job explaining some things to us before they did a couple of the segments on the first night (Sandman caining Zombie was like wtf at the time but now when I look at the video I can't stop laughing). Once Heyman gets all of the storylines, characters, and gimmicks mapped out to his liking I think it will be awesome. And I know I may be alone on this, but I think Test being pushed to the moon in ECW is going to be good for the company. Solid big man that can be sold as a credible threat and that isn't afraid to do the hardcore environment.

The new ECW is still in its beta stage but it's looking like it could be great.

Xero
06-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Heyman is hardly getting any say in the writing right now. I heard one of the SmackDown! or RAW writers was moved permanently to head ECW. Of course Heyman does get in Vince's ear, but he basically has no control.

TerranRich
06-28-2006, 02:56 PM
It's getting better. Slowly, but surely, it's getting beter.

Chavo Classic
06-28-2006, 03:17 PM
I heard one of the SmackDown! or RAW writers was moved permanently to head ECW.

That'll be Dave Lagana. The guy who prefers to fire the wrestlers when there are no ideas for their characters, rather than fire himself for not being able to think of anything creative for them. He is truly an idiot

Xero
06-28-2006, 03:52 PM
That's him. I knew his last name started with an L...

Chavo Classic
06-28-2006, 04:09 PM
He's an ass.

PullMyFinger
06-28-2006, 04:23 PM
If anyone went into this thinking that it was going to be ECW reborn is just nearsighted. It's owned by Vince.

If you don't use the original ECW as a yard stick, the stuff that they produce in this ECW is the best wrestling show on US television, including TNA. While it still reeks of WWE, it's actually booked a bit differently and it shows.
I beg to differ though. I think with the exception of Sabu, RVD, and Angle...there isn't that much of good wrestling on the new ECW. On the other hand, as retarded as TNA can get, I still think it has the best wrestling on TV at the moment.

For an all around good wrestling show though Raw reigns.

Xero
06-28-2006, 04:30 PM
I never said it had the best WRESTLING on TV, I said it was the best wrestling show. And I would put it a bit of a notch above RAW.

PullMyFinger
06-28-2006, 04:58 PM
My mistake.

Kane Knight
06-28-2006, 06:35 PM
I thought it was...Turns out I have this rash...

Gonzo
06-28-2006, 06:44 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the Sabu match and the RVD/Angle matches (minus the rolling around on the mat, it got to be a little excessive), although my expectations may be low from having seen RAW the previous night?

I don't know I never watched ECW in its early days, I've only seen some matches here and there and some highlights. Sabu is one crazy bastid though.

Triple A
06-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Last night's show was pretty good times. The matches didn't seem like meaningless time filler and there was a bunch of comedy. I LIKED

Rammsteinmad
06-28-2006, 07:00 PM
I will forever praise the new ECW if Test get's a major push!

Vermaat
06-28-2006, 07:29 PM
I am dissapointed by the new ecw. I think a lot of people can agree that the word to describe the new ecw best is DISSAPOINTMENT.

too many wwe guys have got into ECW and they aren't fighting ecw style. What I was looking for was some good hardcore wrestling and theres not nearly enough of it, instead we get the wwe guys, which are good and theres nothing wrong with them but they should be on raw or on smackdown not on ecw. ECW should be balls mahoney and Sandman in hardcore matches.

Kane Knight
06-28-2006, 07:58 PM

Alfred Neuman
06-28-2006, 09:21 PM
i'm still "meh" about it. raw guys showing up, girl trying to strip on tv and 1-2 good matches and big show throwing dreamer around. wouldnt call it "perfect"......

darkpower
06-28-2006, 09:34 PM
I wonder if Sandman is only going to be used for beating up the "sports-entertainment" parodies that come into the ring every week, or is he actually going to be used for something that isn't going to be tiring within a few more weeks.

Once RVD drops the WWE title to someone, things may end up getting back to normal.

Oh, and why is the WWE only letting the RAW guys cross over to ECW? Isn't SmackDown the one that needs the help? Why not try to use ECW in order to promote some of the SD midcard (maybe have Sabu call out Rey Mysterio for a rematch on ECW's show or something)?

Kane Knight
06-28-2006, 09:41 PM
It's not tiring already? I thought it was...Thought this week's made me laugh. Only because fat male strippers are gold.

I can't explain the Smackdown bit...Especially since they're FILMED ON THE SAME NIGHT!

The Optimist
06-28-2006, 09:44 PM
No, yesterday I watched Mike Knox wrestle for two minutes before having to stop his girlfreind take her top off.
Then I watched her take her top off.
No ECW is not growing on me.

Innovator
06-28-2006, 09:48 PM
WE WANT PUNK!
WE WANT PUNK!
WE WANT PUNK!
WE WANT PUNK!
WE WANT PUNK!
WE WANT PUNK!
WE WANT PUNK!
WE WANT PUNK!
WE WANT PUNK!
WE WANT PUNK!
WE WANT PUNK!
WE WANT PUNK!
WE WANT PUNK!
WE WANT PUNK!
WE WANT PUNK!
WE WANT PUNK!
WE WANT PUNK!
WE WANT PUNK!
WE WANT PUNK!

Xero
06-28-2006, 09:57 PM
:rofl: I GET IT! CAUSE HE'S DEAF!!!!11!

ClockShot
06-28-2006, 10:00 PM
I ride the bandwagon for awhile then I get off, then get back on, etc. Last night was decent but I had to change the channel when I heard the kids start up a "We want Cena" chant, when I flip back, I hear a faint, but loud, "Shut the fuck up!" chant right after it. I thought to myself "Isn't there a height limit or something for these kids to get in?"

Now I know Paul E. ain't got complete control yet, but Sandman taking a kendo stick to random gimmick people every week, and a stripper trying to get her clothes off while breaking a nail is not cutting it for me right now.

Kane Knight
06-28-2006, 10:04 PM
The stripper shit is so worthless anyway. And having a jealous boyfriend isn't just WWE, it's RECYCLED WWE.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-28-2006, 10:23 PM
I liked last nights show.

This Sandman thing could get pretty cool if eventually somebody "puts an end" to it or something. Would be pretty sick if a past ECW wrestler came threw the crowd as Sandman was beating up a "sports entertainer" and beat the fuck out of him. Raven would be the best fit for that but I heard hes signed to TNA for a while or something. Rhyno would great too but he's signed as well (atleast from what I hear) I am sure there is plenty of others, Lance Storm would be pretty hot too but as far as I know hes "done" with wrestling.

Triple A
06-28-2006, 10:27 PM
The Sandman gimmick is the best shit. Last night had me ROFL

Also the Sabu/Roadkill match ruled. Felt like an actual ECW match. I thought it would just be another shitty "new ECW" squash match but they actually booked it well.

The low lighting during matches is also great. Way better.

Corkscrewed
06-29-2006, 12:45 AM
Definite :y: to the change in lighting. It does help a bit to return the ECW feel, at least on TV.

Sandman... is doing what I suggested in a joke thread, and I like it.

I think this will get better once the whole ECW vs RAW feud ends. There's still a little too much WWE domination going on. Once it gets on its own two feet and starts jogging, that'll be a better time to judge ECW.

alvarado52
06-29-2006, 12:51 AM
its growing on me because im begining to not give it so much criticism for not being the old ECW. But it never was going to, so i dont know what my trip was. The RVD/Angle match was awesome. I agree with Corky, the fued has to end.

Lara Emily
06-29-2006, 02:27 AM
Its getting better but doubt it will last with Heyman now almost completely removed from any form of control.

loopydate
06-29-2006, 02:50 PM
This Sandman thing could get pretty cool if eventually somebody "puts an end" to it or something. Would be pretty sick if a past ECW wrestler came threw the crowd as Sandman was beating up a "sports entertainer" and beat the fuck out of him. Raven would be the best fit for that but I heard hes signed to TNA for a while or something. Rhyno would great too but he's signed as well (atleast from what I hear) I am sure there is plenty of others, Lance Storm would be pretty hot too but as far as I know hes "done" with wrestling.

My guess is that eventually one of the masked gimmicks is going to turn out to be someone making their debut. Sandman goes to cane him, but the guy gets the drop on him and beats him. They could play off Joey Styles' MEP suggestion that they bring in Doink, only for it to be CM Punk or Seth Skyfire or somebody under the makeup.

Azriel
06-29-2006, 02:56 PM
it's probably going to be the vampire guy aka the wrestler formerly known as Mordecai

Stickman
06-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Has it been "hardcore" yet?

Batsu
06-30-2006, 08:41 PM
As soon as ECW gets out of bed with Raw, it'll be better.

"We Want Cena" chants SUCK.

But...Sandman's "Cane Sports Entertainment" gimmick rules. I tune in every week just to see what cliche he beats the crap out of next.

But Vince must know, in order to make this work, it needs More Heyman.

Not starting the show with talking is great, too. The worst thing about Episode 1 was RVD starting out with a promo....

Shane Michaels
06-30-2006, 10:24 PM
more zombie matches :love:

Skyler
06-30-2006, 11:17 PM
I don't now from what i've seen of the old ECW and what i've seen from the "new" ECW i think that they both are OK but the new ECW is getting better. I don't know if thats because Heyman isn't that involved with it any more or if if they finaly figured something out creativly that is.

Xero
06-30-2006, 11:19 PM
How much of the original ECW HAVE you seen?

Because it sounds like you maybe saw two New Jack matches and said "Meh" to the whole promotion.

Fox
07-01-2006, 02:09 AM
the new ECW is getting better. I don't know if thats because Heyman isn't that involved with it any more or if if they finaly figured something out creativly that is.

Okay, you're obviously uneducated on the subject of ECW. Let me profess onto you a basic equation, very important to the essence and core of the company:

PAUL HEYMAN + CREATIVE CONTROL + A HANDFUL OF WRESTLERS = EC-FUCKIN-W

Londoner
07-03-2006, 03:22 AM
Since i've now heard Heyman has no control over ECW, I now have no interest in the show anymore. If its going to be controlled by WWE writers, then it really isn't an alternative.

Y2Jeremy
07-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Nope, not even a little.