PDA

View Full Version : Triple Threat Matches

D Mac
06-29-2006, 03:25 AM
So if you are in a triple threat match, and you are'nt involved in the decision, I.E. You vs Kane vs Edge and Kane pins Edge, does it count as an official loss for you? I ask because Samoa Joe lost on TNA last week in a triple threat without getting pinned and they'll probably say he's still "undefeated".

What Would Kevin Do?
06-29-2006, 03:37 AM
It's a bit of a gray area in wrestling.

IE, he lost the X Division title in an ultimate X match, but they say he's undefeated.

I suppose they could argue he just "didn't win" but that makes you a loser. So if they want to say that someone is undefeated in a match like that, I guess you could say they lost, but they weren't "beat."

So in Joe's case, I suppose they could argue "he lost the match, but no one has pinned him or made him submit."

TerranRich
06-29-2006, 11:38 AM
It's a bit of a gay area in wrestling. ... he's ... a loser.
I added nothing to that one. ;)

James Steele
06-29-2006, 11:42 AM
I think they should say he is unbeaten.

Shadow
06-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Technically he's lost a few matches but he's never been pinned. That much is true.

Lord-Of-Darkness
06-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Not related to triple treat, but as far as the Joe thing goes, didn't they do the same with Hassan? Like he lost some tag matches, but Davari got pinned, so Hassan was still undefeated. Same kind of deal really

Disturbed316
06-30-2006, 03:32 PM
Yeah, the Hassan thing was at Backlash last year when Hogan and HBK teamed up.

Kane Knight
06-30-2006, 05:59 PM
They've been saying he was undefeated in singles competition. At least that's what they were saying when I still watched TNA.