PDA

View Full Version : Randy Orton lately...

D Mac
06-30-2006, 01:03 AM
His mannerisms and such remind me of The Rock.

He's the White Rock. :shifty:

Xero
06-30-2006, 01:12 AM
Do you smell what the bag is packin'?

D Mac
06-30-2006, 05:43 AM
http://www.411images.com/images/wrestling/columns/Orton-in-New-York.jpg

Volare
06-30-2006, 06:49 AM
hmmm... I could see that work :rofl:

Batsu
06-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Lately? LOL.
He's <i>been</i> Rock-like. With the way his moves FLY in the ring and all of that...

redoneja
06-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Orton? lol, gotta love that rear-chin lock.

Face Heely
06-30-2006, 08:37 PM
Orton? lol, gotta love that rear-chin lock.

Yeah, that pretty much sums up my thoughts, too. He lacks the ability to really improvise on the microphone (his delivery can be good, but only if the lines are carefully scripted or don't veer too far from the generic) and in the ring (again, the spots look good, but it's the same old stuff over and over).

Perhaps his mannerisms resemble the Rock's (which, frankly, I think is bunk - the similarities begin and end with "cocky heel"), but to call him "Rock-like" is giving him way too much credit.

mrslackalack
06-30-2006, 11:10 PM
Say the Orton/Hogan feud happened.

Orton: Hogan I will crap in your bag like you crapped on peoples careers!

James Steele
06-30-2006, 11:51 PM
Orton still sucks and is overrated (IMO)

SecretDesire
07-01-2006, 12:02 AM
More like Shelton Benjamin is trying to be Rock Jr. From the dark shades to the cheap looking lion shirt. Just bad :( so bad :(

Skippord
07-01-2006, 12:20 AM

Y2Jeremy
07-01-2006, 12:26 AM
Yes sir. while he tries to be "rock-like", he is now where near that level of entertainment. Orton has yet to show that he is worth the TV time hes given.

Fox
07-01-2006, 01:47 AM
I wouldn't go so far as to say he hasn't proven worthy of his given TV time. Orton has had some pretty entertaining feuds (vs. Foley, vs. Undertaker (parts of it anyways), vs. Mysterio), and who can forget the RNN Updates?

The problem is that his feuds end up becoming ridiculous storyline-wise. Obviously, the 4-month program with Mick Foley really helped to elevate him and the Legend Killer vs. Hardcore Legend theme worked really well and got him to the point that he was ready for a World Heavyweight Title win. Foley, of course, is a fucking genious and probably played a huge role in getting Randy as over as he was.

Then you've got Orton vs. Undertaker. They totally rushed their encounter at WrestleMania 21, but the match was good and Orton did well as the confident young heel against the veteran ring warrior. It was after they started twisting the storyline and included all those idiotic "special effects" and "Undertaker's dead" arches that the feud really fizzled out. Orton, however, did well in his part.

The Mysterio/Orton feud is obvious as to why it failed. They played way, way, way too much off the death of Eddie Guerrero, and instead of fans hating Orton's character like they're supposed to, they hated the storyline itself instead, and nobody got over from it.

Randy has a lot to give to the business and I think we've only seen the tip of the ice berg from him. But to compare him to The Rock is terrible. To compare anyone to The Rock as far as charisma goes is unrealistic. There has never been another man who has been able to electrify the audience on the mic like The Rock could (Hogan, maybe, but never to the extent that Rock did).

D Mac
07-01-2006, 02:46 AM
Seems like he is getting more cheers now then boos tho.

The Show Off
07-01-2006, 02:52 AM
Honestly, I like The Rock on the mic, and he could be funny on the mic and entertaining, but his mic skills are nowhere close to as good as Mick Foley's or Ric Flair's. The reason being is that Rock's mic work was always just a long string of insults to his opponent, and talking about how great "The Rock" is. Where as Foley is able to tell a great story on the mic, show his vulnrability, show is insanity, show his fear, and show his hate, and he could do that all in one promo, and even after all of that he could still pull off jokes.

Rock could improvise on the mic but he never had near the depth of character that Foley had.

purewrestlingfan
07-01-2006, 03:49 AM
hE Is a white piece of crap who doesn't know how to handle his Brain if he has 1 and specially how to behave in front of fans he is a cocky bullshit piece of garbage

Mister Sinister
07-01-2006, 04:52 AM
Oh I'm sorry, he wouldn't sign an Autograph for you.

As Randy Ortin Publishist, I will see too it, that my cilent Randy Orton, send you a nice gift, You can have your very own R.K.O Duffel Bag, each one carefully left with an present to let you know Randy cares

D Mac
07-01-2006, 05:28 AM
hE Is a white piece of crap who doesn't know how to handle his Brain if he has 1 and specially how to behave in front of fans he is a cocky bullshit piece of garbage

You have to be WWEFAN4LIFE.

Kane Knight
07-01-2006, 10:31 AM
More like Shelton Benjamin is trying to be Rock Jr. From the dark shades to the cheap looking lion shirt. Just bad :( so bad :(

By that logic...

OMG CARLITO'S RIPPING OFF THE ROCK!

Nark Order
07-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Naw, Orton is the future of the company. Eveyone is honestly just in denial about it. I'm not exactly sure when it became cool to hate Orton but I think it's bullshit. He is by far one of the most entertaining guys in the entire company at the moment (His only competition being HHH/HBK and Edge).

Xero
07-01-2006, 02:56 PM
I love Orton until he hits his first of 5 3 minute resthold spots.

James Steele
07-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Naw, Orton is the future of the company. Eveyone is honestly just in denial about it. I'm not exactly sure when it became cool to hate Orton but I think it's bullshit. He is by far one of the most entertaining guys in the entire company at the moment (His only competition being HHH/HBK and Edge).

I have always hated the shitter. (pun intended btw)

Lord-Of-Darkness
07-01-2006, 03:47 PM
I can't honestly see whats good about the guy. Sure the character is great, but we're in an age where the wrestlers don;t get alot of say in character or promos etc. As mentioned before, the guy has a very set piece in the ring, and relies very heavily on rest holds.

His promos are very obviously scripted alot of the time, you can just tell by the way he delivers them and sometimes fumbles the words. I just don't buy into what this guy is trying to tell us. Where as guys like Hogan, Austin, Rock, Foley etc. got me believing in what they were putting over. Just like I don't buy nto Cena being a street wise thug, because half of his promos make him sound like an over the top cartoon character to me.

Skippord
07-02-2006, 02:43 AM
I have always hated the shitter. (pun intended btw)

Skippord
07-02-2006, 02:46 AM
I've decided my only activity in this thread will be quoting JamesSteele

Vastardikai
07-02-2006, 03:06 AM
I think Orton needs time away from the WWE. It could actually do his career and the fans a world of good. While he's wherever, he can maybe learn how to do a fourth move (Besides the Dropkick, Reverse Chinlock, and RKO), I know he knows more moves than that, I'm being an ass.

He needs time to figure out why he's in this business: Is it because he loves the sport, or is it because he loves the pay. That, and anything involving him pooping in New Jack's bag is bound to have hilarious (read: Tragic and possibly Fatal) results.

Also, the product itself could benefit from not having a guy who is all in all iffy at best off the roster. Maybe they can strap that rocket onto someone who's a bit more deserving like Kennedy... (wait for it...) or Carlito. Hell, I heard there's a kid by the name of C.M. Punk who could do a million times better if he were in Orton's shoes (and they wouldn't need to carefully work his lines out, either.).

In essence, yeah. Orton needs time away from the WWE, for his own and the company's benefit. Will it happen? Probably not.

Oh yeah... Kennedy!

James Steele
07-02-2006, 03:14 PM
I think Orton has potential, but he has 1996 HBK's attitude without the talent to back it up. He is living off of his father and grandfather's legacy. Every "great fued" or "great match" he has had was when he was carried like Big Show on his dad's casket.

Lord-Of-Darkness
07-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Every "great fued" or "great match" he has had was when he was carried like Big Show on his dad's casket.

LOL brilliant:rofl:

Sepholio
07-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Fox, there is one person who is kinda close to The Rock in terms of charisma....Y2J

James Steele
07-02-2006, 10:13 PM
The Rock has an insane amount of charisma, but The Rock always lacked the range of emotion when it came to promos. The only promo of his that wasn't just corny insults and one-liners that I can remember vividly was his WrestleMania XIX promo about "Act 3".