PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Boxing?

Stickman
06-30-2006, 02:18 PM
I used to have moderate interest (as in would like to watch championship bouts on TSN a week after the PPV) in the sport but I couldn't care any less about the sport than I do now. Sure, having like 3 Heavyweight Champs is an issue and I don't really know how that happened. There's always been a black eye on boxing but right now, I don't care. I guess not having a charismatic champ could be a problem, but I odn't even know who any of the champs are. Can somebody explain to me exactly what's going on in boxing these days?

Rob
06-30-2006, 02:56 PM
They pretty much failed to create new stars and those who were have neither no respect for the titles or the sport considers them to mean nothing when certain bodies are corrupt. Nobody has any reason to care about Mayweather, Hopkins or any other Amercian. It definately hurt British boxing not being on free TV but since they have been back on, only Joe Calzaghe has done anything to stand out.

Lack of a dominate English talking heavyweight champion probably doesn't help either. There is no emotion anymore.

And UFC coming along definate hurt the sport and people who deny this are morons (and I'm a fucking massive fan of boxing and MMA).