PDA

View Full Version : Paul London and Brian Kendrick

Skyler
06-30-2006, 11:26 PM
I think they are a great tag team. They are athletic, They have that high fly potentiall a lot of people like ( if WWE would let them use it ) and they have great chemistry together. Now with that being said, do you think with WWE shying away from the tag team divison, that great tag teams like Kendrick and London aren't getting the attention that tag teams 5 years ago or whatever would have got with those elements?

Discuss

Y2Jeremy
07-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Dude, those guys have never gotten, and never will get the respect they deserve in WWE. Its not about shying away from tag team wrestling, its the fact that they are under 6' and 210lbs. The only reason they have belts is because there is no one else. Look at a few months ago, they were jobbing to Gymini weekly and lately even Khali. but I don't pity them because they are paid very well, and will have the spotlight until some crappy team in OVW gets the nod to come up.

Fox
07-01-2006, 01:52 AM
Kendrick and London aren't just a good tag team; they're great wrestlers period. And both of them have had golden opportunities to get over with WWE fans. Brian "Spanky" Kendrick debuted by streaking through the Smackdown arena to impress Stephanie McMahon that he would do anything to get a job, and with that spotlight, people followed his matches (I remember a good one against Kurt Angle) and with his impressive high flying, quick and innovative style, Kendrick was getting over fast. Then they demoted him to Velocity and fired him.

Paul London was getting over with Billy Kidman as a tag team ("Shooting Stars" anyone?) and they broke up and were about to feud when the whole thing was dropped, London was shipped off to Velocity, and then fired.

Both guys were picked back up to keep them out of TNA. They're the best example of guys who would thrive in TNA being used to at least a dominant fraction of their talent in the WWE.

Mister Sinister
07-01-2006, 04:45 AM
London was never fired.

Mister Sinister
07-01-2006, 04:45 AM
and Also, Kendrick, left on his own terms...because The One's favorite wrestler sodomized him supposely

owenbrown
07-01-2006, 05:26 AM
I am thinking that its time the World and WWE tag team titles were unified since there are next to zero tag teams left in the WWE. Which is sad.:'( :nono: :wavesad:

Kane Knight
07-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Dude, those guys have never gotten, and never will get the respect they deserve in WWE. Its not about shying away from tag team wrestling, its the fact that they are under 6' and 210lbs. The only reason they have belts is because there is no one else. Look at a few months ago, they were jobbing to Gymini weekly and lately even Khali. but I don't pity them because they are paid very well, and will have the spotlight until some crappy team in OVW gets the nod to come up.

Who hasn't jobbed to or been punked by Khali of late?

Kane Knight
07-01-2006, 10:33 AM
and Also, Kendrick, left on his own terms...because The One's favorite wrestler sodomized him supposely

No wonder the One likes him. :naughty:

Rammsteinmad
07-01-2006, 08:08 PM
This time next year they will be feuding with each other.

Mr. Nerfect
07-01-2006, 09:24 PM
They could seriously be, no hyperbole, one of the greatest tag teams of all time. They have a great image (I love the pants, I just wish they got some other colour besides red), great skills, great chemistry, and are perhaps the most over guys in the WWE never to cut a promo.

Both Paul London and Brian Kendrick are capable on the mic (Paul London seems like a natural talker) and Kendrick seems like an extremely funny guy. If the WWE let them cut loose, they could be huge. Even though it would leave SmackDown! crippled, I wouldn't mind seeing the WWE Tag Team Champions show up on RAW, join DX (I'm not sure how close Shawn Michaels is to his students, but it is more legacy for him) and feud with The Spirit Squad. London and Kendrick flying off the trampoline is certain money.

DaveWadding
07-01-2006, 09:27 PM
They could seriously be, no hyperbole, one of the greatest tag teams of all time.

RIGHT up there with the Bashams eh?

Mr. Nerfect
07-01-2006, 09:31 PM
RIGHT up there with the Bashams eh?

Where have I ever said The Bashams were potentially one of the greatest tag teams of all time? Best you will be able to find is solid tag team.

DaveWadding
07-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Where have I ever said The Bashams were potentially one of the greatest tag teams of all time? Best you will be able to find is solid tag team.

Just an assumption considering you can never get your mouth off their collective cocks.

Mr. Nerfect
07-02-2006, 03:37 AM
Just an assumption considering you can never get your mouth off their collective cocks.

Not really. It's not like I've ever suggested either should be made World Champion. I don't think I've said they will ever be anything more than mid-carders. You blew it up because you're a bitter son of a bitch. :p

Lara Emily
07-02-2006, 04:50 AM
They could seriously be, no hyperbole, one of the greatest tag teams of all time. They have a great image (I love the pants, I just wish they got some other colour besides red), great skills, great chemistry, and are perhaps the most over guys in the WWE never to cut a promo.

Both Paul London and Brian Kendrick are capable on the mic (Paul London seems like a natural talker) and Kendrick seems like an extremely funny guy. If the WWE let them cut loose, they could be huge. Even though it would leave SmackDown! crippled, I wouldn't mind seeing the WWE Tag Team Champions show up on RAW, join DX (I'm not sure how close Shawn Michaels is to his students, but it is more legacy for him) and feud with The Spirit Squad. London and Kendrick flying off the trampoline is certain money.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I needed a good laugh

DaveWadding
07-02-2006, 05:01 AM
Not really. It's not like I've ever suggested either should be made World Champion.

Machine & Angle work an interesting storyline going into their match at The GAB. Angle tries to uncover the identity of Machine, which brings out some guys who claim to know who he is. Machine quickly shuts these guys up by introducing the Piledriver to his moveset. He puts these guys on the shelf, which keeps them from talking. Machine says he will cripple Angle at The GAB with the Piledriver, which adds a similar dynamic to the match that Stone Cold Steve Austin/Kurt Angle in 2001 had. Angle won't be pinned by the Piledriver at The Great American Bash, so Machine hits it on the steel steps, which the announce team sell as death. Machine pins Angle for the 1-2-3. Machine is now the undefeated WWE United States Champion and World Heavyweight Champion. He is forced to forfeit the US Title, which lets us have a tournament heading into Summerslam. Machine says now he is at the top, he will reveal his identity to us. He then changes his mind saying that we don't deserve to see who he is.

Enter Batista. The former World Heavyweight Champion is back, and he wants to reclaim his throne. He is locked in as Machine's opponent for Summerslam. Batista says that he will unmask Machine to satisfy his and his own curiosity. Batista & Machine have a good match, which results in Batista getting the Batista Bomb on Machine, after Angle makes his return from injury (give the guy a break for a month) costing Machine the match. After the match, Angle & Batista strip off the mask of Machine to reveal..................Doug Basham. In a WTF moment, the PPV goes off air with Batista holding the big, gold belt, standing next to Angle over an unconcious Doug Basham.

Whatever you say, skippy.

Mr. Nerfect
07-02-2006, 11:48 PM

I knew you would bring that up. That thread was created by me to discuss ways to get guys who would never be World Champion otherwise and turn them into something.

Nice try, though.

Mr. Nerfect
07-02-2006, 11:48 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I needed a good laugh

Yes, because using talent is a bad thing, that's right. :roll:

DaveWadding
07-03-2006, 12:17 AM
I knew you would bring that up. That thread was created by me to discuss ways to get guys who would never be World Champion otherwise and turn them into something.

Nice try, though.

You said you NEVER said it. I proved that you did. You look stupid, dog.

Skippord
07-03-2006, 12:25 AM
Yes?

DaveWadding
07-03-2006, 12:27 AM
Yes?

Fuck off and die.

Skippord
07-03-2006, 12:30 AM
Yeah but that doesnt say they SHOULD be made champion it is a storyline saying how they COULD be made champion.

Blitz
07-03-2006, 12:35 AM
Alienoid, man, I love you, and I love Kendrick and London, but whatever you're on that's causing you to call them one of the greatest tag teams of all time, bottle and sell that shit immediately.

Skippord
07-03-2006, 12:36 AM
Blitz you know I love you but I believe he said they could be

Blitz
07-03-2006, 12:37 AM
Well, my face is red. :$

Still a bit of hyperbole, tho.

Skippord
07-03-2006, 12:41 AM
Kinda

Afterlife
07-03-2006, 04:59 AM
Well, if I may ask...What exactly about them makes you think they don't deserve to be considered potential nominees for Top Ten Tag Teams of All Time?

Oh, and as for Wadding suggesting Alienoid's appearance being that of foolish nature...The guy who looks stupid is the one who can't tell the difference between Creative Writing and Personal Opinion.

Kane Knight
07-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Fuck off and die.

You leave Emoskippord alone!

Mr. Nerfect
07-03-2006, 07:39 PM

NEVER said it in the context implying it would actually be smart to do it. Using a fucking technicality when you damn well know it isn't suggested as something literal is childish. I once said that Vince McMahon is an idiot. Does that mean I really believe he is unable to run a multi-million dollar business? No, it doesn't. Appreciate context my friend.

Skippord
07-03-2006, 07:44 PM
You leave Emoskippord alone!
I may have to cut myself now.:'(

CRAAAWWWWWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

Mr. Nerfect
07-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Well, my face is red. :$

Still a bit of hyperbole, tho.

I think the tag team scene at the present is what is tarnishing the potential legacy of London & Kendrick. They've defended the belts, what, once? I believe it was against The Mexicools. If London & Kendrick existed in the time of The Hardyz, Dudleyz and Edge & Christian, they would probably be right up there.

Currently, internally they are fine, working great matches and having some tremendous chemistry, but externally, I think the division is holding them back.

Mr. Nerfect
07-03-2006, 07:51 PM
I may have to cut myself now.:'(

CRAAAWWWWWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

I'm an emo Skip,
Non-conformist as can be...