PDA

View Full Version : C.M. Punk

Y2Jeremy
07-06-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm sorry, but I still don't see the big deal about Punk. From what I've seen, He is a decent wrestler, but there are plenty of good wrestlers out there. Can someone suggest a match that I can watch to give me the same appreciation that you have.

mrslackalack
07-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Cant recall a match right now but I know he was great in ROH and TNA.

thecc
07-06-2006, 11:39 AM
ohh, where to start.

His series of matches with Chris Hero in IWA-MS
The trilogy he had with Samoa joe
All the matches he's had with Jimmy Rave from ROH
The roh title match against Austin Aries at death before dishonor 3.

There are plenty more which im sure innovator will fill you in on.

Innovator
07-06-2006, 01:07 PM
-OVW match against Brent Albright
-Raven vs. CM Punk Dog Collar Match, Death Before Dishonor
-Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk, World Title Classic
-Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk, Joe/Punk II
-Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk, Allstar Extravaganza II
-Alex Shelley vs. CM Punk, Third Anniversary Show Night II
-Jimmy Rave vs. CM Punk Dog Collar Match, Manhattan Mayhem
-Jimmy Rave vs. CM Punk Steel Cage Match, Nowhere to Run
-Austin Aries vs. CM Punk, Death Before Dishonor III
-Roderick Strong vs. CM Punk, Escape from New York
-Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels vs. James Gibson vs. CM Punk, Redemption
-Colt Cabana vs. CM Punk 2 out of 3 falls, Punk: The Final Chapter
-Jimmy Rave & Adam Pearce vs. Bryan Danielson & CM Punk, Unscripted II

thecc
07-06-2006, 01:13 PM
And his 3 matches with Delirious in IWA-MS. Specificly the one from no blood, no guts, no glory.

Y2Jeremy
07-06-2006, 01:22 PM
O.k. I guess I'll get started.

The Naitch
07-06-2006, 11:58 PM
CM Punk vs. Inno w/ Dan Duchaine in his corner

Dave Youell
07-07-2006, 08:02 AM
Aparently he had a stormer with Ken Kennedy as well.

It's not just about the wrestling with Punk though, he is the total package, with charisma and mic skills to go with his overall awesomeness

Kane Knight
07-07-2006, 09:39 AM
CM punk is hardcore to the Extreeeeeeme. HOOOO RAH!

Bad Company
07-07-2006, 09:53 AM
Never seen him in action. Indy superstar, straight edge gimmick, Hear HHH likes him, was going to be in ECW. Has he been wrestling on TV?

Mr. Nerfect
07-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Aparently he had a stormer with Ken Kennedy as well.

It's not just about the wrestling with Punk though, he is the total package, with charisma and mic skills to go with his overall awesomeness

That's pretty much it. The guy is fantastic on the mic and is extremely charismatic. I'm pretty sure that if they put him in a feud with John Cena, and let Punk be Punk and not some deaf guy, or what-not, he could turn the women and children against Cena. He's just got that "it" factor. He will be money for the WWE one day.

I'm sure some wise-ass like Lara Emily or DaveWadding will quote me on that and make some retarded comment, but really, look at the guy's promo skills, ring skills and presence in general. The guy will be a major player in the WWE.

DaveWadding
07-07-2006, 10:39 PM
That's pretty much it. The guy is fantastic on the mic and is extremely charismatic. I'm pretty sure that if they put him in a feud with John Cena, and let Punk be Punk and not some deaf guy, or what-not, he could turn the women and children against Cena. He's just got that "it" factor. He will be money for the WWE one day.

I'm sure some wise-ass like Lara Emily or DaveWadding will quote me on that and make some retarded comment, but really, look at the guy's promo skills, ring skills and presence in general. The guy will be a major player in the WWE.

and then he and Doug Basham and Val Venis can feud over the World Title!!!!!!!

Mr. Nerfect
07-07-2006, 10:45 PM
and then he and Doug Basham and Val Venis can feud over the World Title!!!!!!!

Eh, that was pretty bad. Give it another shot.

Dorkchop
07-07-2006, 11:02 PM
For the first time in a long time, I'm actually excited about a new wrestler. I haven't seen any ROH and for some reason haven't You Tubed him up.

Innovator
07-07-2006, 11:51 PM
If you want to see his promo work, you can find some OVW stuff with the Spirit Squad and Brent Albright. Also if you can find his ROH stuff, especially against Raven

Mr. Nerfect
07-08-2006, 02:03 AM
He so needs to feud with Rob Van Dam or Sabu over the drug thing. Have CM Punk represent his new ECW, with RVD/Sabu threatening to put it out of business. Bring in Colt Cabana as Punk's tag team partner, and you have yourself a tag team classic.

Dave Youell
07-10-2006, 03:00 AM
If you want to see his promo work, you can find some OVW stuff with the Spirit Squad and Brent Albright. Also if you can find his ROH stuff, especially against Raven
The Raven feud went over like 4 different promotions, it was by far the indy feud of the year. 2 years running!

Joey Slugs
07-10-2006, 03:25 AM
The Raven feud went over like 4 different promotions, it was by far the indy feud of the year. 2 years running!

Raven pouring the booze down his throat and the promo following was fucking priceless. I wouldn't mind seeing them "repackage" that angle with Punk and Sandman.

Innovator
07-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Raven pouring the booze down his throat and the promo following was fucking priceless. I wouldn't mind seeing them "repackage" that angle with Punk and Sandman."off the wagon? thats ok, i was never that good at staying on"

That part that made that was Dreamer coming in through the crowd

Joey Slugs
07-10-2006, 01:08 PM
God.. I wish You Tube still had that promo after it happened.

One of his best.