PDA

View Full Version : "John Cena may be the most controversial Champion of all time"

Stickman
07-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Is anybody else tired of Jim Ross saying that?

No he's not controversial. He hasn't done anything controversial. Stone Cold was more controversial than that. Getting booed as a face, acting like a wigger, being terrible in the ring doesn't make you controversial, it means the writers are idiots. Don't go calling him controversial, his character hasn't done anything controversial. My dad even asked why they call him that and I said I really don't know.

I'm not wanting this to be a JR bashing thread even though he really does suck. But I'm sure somebody told him to call Cena controversial.

Corkscrewed
07-06-2006, 12:29 PM
It's the closest they can get to acknowledging the truth without shitting on themselves.

Makes sense, really, even if it is really annoying.

Anybody Thrilla
07-06-2006, 12:53 PM
I think by 'controversial', they mean 'least agreed with'.

Kane Knight
07-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Didn't you know, fart jokes are controversial?

Doc Brown
07-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Well, i mean they have to give him something, using buzz words seem to work with previous wrestlers.

Wasn't HHH the most controversial in 2001? Wow, not long before it gets tarnished from memories forever.

As long as they don't call cena the peoples champion. Not that i am really a rock mark, just doesn't seem to fit.

J.R should just call him " Sarge ". Give the viewers no reason whatsoever, but cena just accepts it and rolls with the lines, would make me laugh :)

Kane Knight
07-06-2006, 02:49 PM
HHH was also the Franchise.

I wonder how many other things they've borrowed from HHH?

Corkscrewed
07-06-2006, 04:03 PM
haha. Sergeant Cena.

^^^ Farts are controversial. Some people say they're helping global warming. Other's piss on that idea.

The Show Off
07-06-2006, 04:06 PM
Well, i mean they have to give him something, using buzz words seem to work with previous wrestlers.

Wasn't HHH the most controversial in 2001? Wow, not long before it gets tarnished from memories forever.

As long as they don't call cena the peoples champion. Not that i am really a rock mark, just doesn't seem to fit.

J.R should just call him " Sarge ". Give the viewers no reason whatsoever, but cena just accepts it and rolls with the lines, would make me laugh :)

Well if they call him "The People's Champ" then they're ripping of DDP.

Savio
07-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Vince was more controversial then him.

Disturbed316
07-06-2006, 04:42 PM
haha. Sergeant Cena.

^^^ Farts are controversial. Some people say they're helping global warming. Other's piss on that idea.

Yes, it is known that farts are not helping the global warming situation. People were told to hold their farts in, but it lead to many deaths by spontaneous combustion.

mrslackalack
07-06-2006, 05:05 PM
It dont beat Schavione saying ''This match/show is the greatest in the history of our sport'' every week.

Skippord
07-06-2006, 05:16 PM
HHH was also the Franchise.

I wonder how many other things they've borrowed from HHH?
"The King Of Kings" John Cena

Kalyx triaD
07-06-2006, 05:33 PM
King Booker

Rob
07-06-2006, 06:00 PM
More controversial than Rob Van Dam this week? Don't think so.

Batsu
07-06-2006, 06:35 PM
More controversial than Rob Van Dam this week? Don't think so.

Yep, can't compare to RVD, but otherwise... as someone has mentioned, it's the closest WWE can get to saying "We put the strap on this guy, and half of you hate him".

Mr. Nerfect
07-06-2006, 10:58 PM
It pisses me off. "John Cena is one of the most despised Superstars by our targetted demographic" sounds better. It's more truthful, too. How is he controversial? Unless they are talking in a creative sense. But that would be breaking the illusion. I've always assumed JR was trying to put him over as a "hip and edgy" youngster traditionalists don't like. :roll:

Gonzo
07-07-2006, 12:54 AM
I love John Cena. And no, there is no sarcasm with that.

Purgatory
07-07-2006, 02:00 AM
John Cena licks the underside of a mooses nutsack. I think the Gobbledy Gooker from days of old would have made a much better champion.

St. Jimmy
07-07-2006, 02:43 AM
Maybe it's just the irony of saying over and over the same night the first ever ECWWE Champion is forcably jobbing because of a Minor Speeding/Major Drug charge that his opponent (who's record is squeaky fucking boyscout clean) is the most "Controversial" champion in history?

Mr. Nerfect
07-07-2006, 10:50 PM
LOL, did anyone else find it funny at Vengeance when JR delivered the following line:

"Bah Gawd! Look at those blue eyes..."

He was trying to put John Cena over as a badass, but it ended up making John Cena sound like he had just come from the country club. Stone Cold Steve Austin had blue eyes, but Cena's just don't fit the character he's playing, I'm sorry.