PDA

View Full Version : Randy Orton vs. Hulk Hogan

The Naitch
07-08-2006, 05:35 PM
At Summerslam

but will this match be a waste, since Hogan's contract gives him full control over angles and finishes?

Should Hogan be shot?

How would react if Orton jobs it up?

The Naitch
07-08-2006, 05:38 PM
bad part about this is that Hogan will be on RAW soon.

It would've helped Smackdown to have the Orton vs. Hogan feud over there

Disturbed316
07-08-2006, 05:59 PM
I bet Orton will poop in Brooke's bag.

OverTaker
07-08-2006, 06:31 PM
bad part about this is that Hogan will be on RAW soon.

It would've helped Smackdown to have the Orton vs. Hogan feud over there

They must've been high when they thought this up. They're looking back on this and taking turns wacking each other.

ClockShot
07-08-2006, 06:42 PM
In the words of HBK after his lost to Hogan: "Unless he needs money, he ain't coming back."

So, he either needs more spy gagets to keep an eye on his daughter, or he gotta pay off the black AmEx.

The Naitch
07-08-2006, 06:45 PM
lol god I hate Hogan so much

Zeeboe
07-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Hogan will mostly likely job to Randy Orton and put the kid over, which will move Orton up the ladder. You fellas who think the young guys need more of the spotlight should be happy. It's going to be a good day for the new-school.

St. Jimmy
07-08-2006, 08:10 PM
LMAO. Hogan, job? Rrright. I was almost betting on the first thing the naitch said in this topic was "Who books this shit?" but i was wrong.

owenbrown
07-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Hogan will mostly likely job to Randy Orton and put the kid over, which will move Orton up the ladder. You fellas who think the young guys need more of the spotlight should be happy. It's going to be a good day for the new-school.

Hogan?! .......

Jobbing to Orton?!.......

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

loopydate
07-08-2006, 08:20 PM

Have you even watched a Hogan match in the last say, two decades?

Rock jobs to put kids over.
Foley jobs to put kids over.

The only time Hogan jobs is to put his friends over (or to sabotage business), and he always winds up looking better as a result, anyway.

Zeeboe
07-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Back in 2002, all Hulk Hogan did was put the younger guys over. In 2003, he feuded with McMahon, wasn't around in 2004, (I'm sure you all loved that) feuded with a dying gimmick that needed to be killed by a hero in 2005 and then defeated HBK but only because the crowd loved Hogan and WWE wanted to send the crowd home happy.

Orton is not Shawn Michaels either. He's a lot younger, so I can see Hogan losing to Orton. If Hogan wins that match or any match for that matter, it's because WWE wanted to send the crowd home happy. Blame your fellow fans for Hulk Hogan. They are the ones who made Hulkamania and they are the ones who keep Hulkamania alive. Don't believe me? Watch any old wrestling tape or DVD where Hogan is on the card and then listen to the crowd's response to Hogan next time he's on TV.

James Steele
07-08-2006, 09:08 PM
You skipped all of the 80s and 90s Val.

loopydate
07-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Nobody's doubting Hogan's popularity. That much is undeniable. What we're doubting is his ability to put over young talent.

I assume that the "dying gimmick" you're referring to is Muhammad Hassan, which further proves your lack of grip on reality. Hassan was the most relevant and edgy character WWE had come up with since the original DX, and he was arguably the most effective heel of the 21st Century. He wasn't "killed off by a hero." He was censored by trigger-shy network executives.

Just out of curiosity, which young people has Hogan put over...ever?

Xero
07-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Hogan in WCW put so many guys over that I don't know where to begin.

Seriously, I really don't know!

Xero
07-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Nobody's doubting Hogan's popularity. That much is undeniable. What we're doubting is his ability to put over young talent.

I assume that the "dying gimmick" you're referring to is Muhammad Hassan, which further proves your lack of grip on reality. Hassan was the most relevant and edgy character WWE had come up with since the original DX, and he was arguably the most effective heel of the 21st Century. He wasn't "killed off by a hero." He was censored by trigger-shy network executives.

Not to mention the fact that Taker ended, or "killed", Hassan's run, not Hogan.

James Steele
07-08-2006, 09:20 PM
BILLY KIDMAN :shifty:

ClockShot
07-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Sting. Nah, he's up there in age.

Kane Knight
07-08-2006, 09:33 PM
They've booked him such that I don't care about Orton losing anymore.

Impact!
07-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Well he did pretty much put Brock over.

Gerard
07-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Well he did pretty much put Brock over.

And tapped to angles ankle lock in the king of the ring.

Impact!
07-09-2006, 04:33 AM
And although he didn't face Edge, teaming with him did help put him over IMO

Jaton
07-09-2006, 06:59 AM
And although he didn't face Edge, teaming with him did help put him over IMO

He tagged with Edge? Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that. Yeah, he put him over so well. :yes:

What Would Kevin Do?
07-09-2006, 07:06 AM
The problem with Hogan "putting people over" is that he's old and barely mobile.

For example. If Randy Orton beats him, Randy Orton is beating a legend. However, he's also beating a 50 year old who can barely move, and rarely wrestles. It's impressive, but at this rate, I'd argue that in ring wise, beating someone like the Undertaker, Triple H, HBK, etc, would be more impressive.

However, if Orton loses (like Carlito did for example during the last run, and HBK) he's basically going to lose to a few punches, a boot, and a legdrop. You can't lose like that in this day and age and not look weak.

Impact!
07-09-2006, 07:21 AM
He tagged with Edge? Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that. Yeah, he put him over so well. :yes:
And then the former apprentice turned on the former master :shifty: :(

Mr. Nerfect
07-09-2006, 08:15 AM
I would love to see Orton go over. I almost got sick when Orton beat Angle at Vengeance, but the same would happen if Hogan beat Orton. That's how much I dislike Bogan.

It pisses me off that he, and The Undertaker for that matter, are still seen as Gods. The WWE needs to go the fuck back to Toronto. I'm sure they regret what they started at WrestleMania X8.

Hogan going over Orton is supported by the current status of Randy's backstage reputation. Maybe if he was the upstanding future megastar people claimed him to be back when he was Intercontinental Champion, he would have a chance. Right now, the biggest thing going for him is the rumour that they plan on throwing him at Triple H in the near-future. That might be enough to convince the WWE to have Hogan screwed out of the win by Stone Cold Steve Austin, or something equally as protecting of Hulkamania.

I predicted Shawn Michaels last year. HBK was never in the top names you rattled off when you thought of the icons (Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, etc.) always sitting just outside that status. As good as anyone ability-wise, but just lacking that casual fame the others had. A win over Hulk Hogan could have boosted him to that level artificially, even if he never got the fame. Hogan beat Michaels and made me sick.

I hope Randy Orton goes out there, and if scheduled to lose, embarasses Hogan somehow. The guy's already earnt himself a reputation in the WWE, time to fuck them over before they do him. If Hogan gets the Leg Drop, kick out at one. Seriously, Orton would be a legend to me if did that. Hogan is the one guy who I would pay to see someone act unprofessional around out there. If Orton no-sells Hogan's offence, what is the WWE going to do? Fire him? The fans would be too much in awe of the guy, both marks and smarks alike. Punish him? That would be silly. It buries Hogan even further, Orton leaves next time his contract's up.

Someone needs to shoot on the Hulkster's ass.

Mr. Nerfect
07-09-2006, 08:16 AM
The only thing that will make their match at Summerslam tolerable for me, is if the fans boo Hogan out of the building.

McLegend
07-09-2006, 09:08 AM
He really put Brock over.

McLegend
07-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Damnit Impact already said that.

Impact!
07-09-2006, 09:27 AM
You from Canada legend?

KingofOldSchool
07-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Hogan put over Mr. Perfect.

Oh wait...

Afterlife
07-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Both of these men are lousy people, so I'll probably not give a damn either way.

JohnnyA
07-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Hogan put over Rick Rude.

Oh wait...

.44 Magdalene
07-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Hogan put over...erm...

....uh....

...Brock?

loopydate
07-09-2006, 04:14 PM
And Brock was already pretty over when he took out Hogan.

It's like saying Hogan put over Yokozuna or the Ultimate Warrior.

McLegend
07-09-2006, 04:25 PM
And Brock was already pretty over when he took out Hogan.

It's like saying Hogan put over Yokozuna or the Ultimate Warrior.
Brock was even bigger after he did that to Hogan.

I don't like Hogan, but he did put Brock over.

Mr. Nerfect
07-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Am I the only one who completely skims over Hogan's time on SmackDown! when I think back to that time period? Probably that Mr America stuff.

Hogan did technically put Lesnar over, but it was actually on an edition of SmackDown!, wasn't it? I can't see Lesnar getting too much boost from that. I remember thinking it didn't mean anything back then. Technically Hogan tapped to the Ankle Lock, but when the two faced off on RAW, I don't think any mention of it was made. I see Hogan putting over Brock as just that, Hogan putting over Brock, but it wasn't a huge "passing the torch" moment. I think every time Hogan has had a glamourous spotlight on him, he has almost always gone over.

Skippord
07-09-2006, 07:00 PM
That sounds dirty

Mr. Nerfect
07-09-2006, 07:07 PM
That sounds dirty

Someone needs to post the video of Hogan and Mean Gene now. :shifty:

DaveWadding
07-09-2006, 07:08 PM

For what it's worth, I heard that Superstar Billy Graham already did that.

Mr. Nerfect
07-09-2006, 07:14 PM
For what it's worth, I heard that Superstar Billy Graham already did that.

What kind are we talking about here? :shifty:

I'm glad someone has given Hogan shit for his ego. I doubt he could take it in the current state he is in. Orton needs to go unprofessional on Hogan's ass. By that I mean not wear a condom...

...and stiff the Hell out him. OK, that bit I added on the end didn't un-gayify that much.

DaveWadding
07-09-2006, 07:18 PM
What kind are we talking about here? :shifty:

I meant with a needle. :shifty:

Mr. Nerfect
07-09-2006, 07:31 PM
I meant with a needle. :shifty:

Containing a lethal dose of DOUG BASHAM.

Dammit! I'm doing it to myself now. :(

Impact!
07-09-2006, 07:39 PM
lol

DaveWadding
07-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Containing a lethal dose of DOUG BASHAM.

Dammit! I'm doing it to myself now. :(

Vince McMahon is about to unleash a lethal dose of DOUG BASHAM onto his creation.

Mr. Nerfect
07-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Vince McMahon is about to unleash a lethal dose of DOUG BASHAM onto his creation.

That actually wouldn't be a bad idea. Actually it would, but can you imagine Mr McMahon talking about a poison for DX, then he marches guys no one has a clue about to face them, and slowly turn DX into jobbers no one has a clue about? Brilliant. It would technically destroy the WWE, but that was the whole point with the nWo angle, and that worked out well. :shifty:

Impact!
07-10-2006, 04:16 AM
Nah, he'd bring out Doug Basham in a giant syringe (sp?) and have Umaga running around trying to inject people with it.

Not that that wouldn't be hilarious.

Kane Knight
07-10-2006, 10:58 AM
That actually wouldn't be a bad idea. Actually it would, but can you imagine Mr McMahon talking about a poison for DX, then he marches guys no one has a clue about to face them, and slowly turn DX into jobbers no one has a clue about? Brilliant. It would technically destroy the WWE, but that was the whole point with the nWo angle, and that worked out well. :shifty:

Sounds like the Spirit Squad, acxtually.

Zeeboe
07-10-2006, 12:57 PM

Billy Kidman, The Rock (who was still young and not nearly as popular as he was four years ago), Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Edge, Brock Lesnar, etc

If those guys never became popular afterwards, it's not because of Hogan. It's because they dropped the ball. Although the only ones I can think of that did were Kidman and Lesnar. Not Hulk's fault that they screwed up.