PDA

View Full Version : ONS/Barely Legal DVD: BL has portions revoiced, music changed, more

Xero
07-10-2006, 12:39 PM
The ECW One Night Stand 2006 DVD will be released tomorrow nationally and can also be ordered online from our friends at www.ringsidecollectibles.com.

The One Night Stand DVD features the complete PPV from last month, headlined by WWE champion John Cena vs. Rob Van Dam as well as a few extras on the DVD which aren't advertised. The featured extras are the WWE vs. ECW Battle Royal that featured the Big Show's defection to ECW and the opening segment of ECW on Sci Fi featuring Rob Van Dam being awarded the ECW title belt. There is also a package featuring post-show fan reactions from the One Night Stand 2006 PPV.

The ECW Barely Legal bonus DVD features new music for all of the ring entrances with the exception of songs that WWE purchased from Harry Slash. Before you ask, yes, this means there is no "Enter Sandman."

Most of the matches and promos from the original PPV broadcast in April 1997 are intact, although longtime ECW fans will likely notice a Terry Funk video package is missing and the Sandman package has been edited. There are also few lines re-voiced by Joey Styles on commentary, changed from the original Barely Legal PPV broadcast.

Source: http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=19021&p=1

Kane Knight
07-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Anyone know what lines were changed and why?

Mr. JL
07-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Wasn't Styles cursing out Alfonso when turned on Taz and aligned with Sabu & RVD? They probably edited out his colourful language there I'm thinking.

Chavo Classic
07-11-2006, 03:28 PM
WWECW is a fucking joke. It's going to be rated R or 18 anyway!!!!

Kane Knight
07-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Do they rate WWE videos?

Xero
07-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Only by TV ratings.

For example, WrestleMania 22's DVD is rated TV 14 and The Rise and Fall of ECW was an M rating.

Chavo Classic
07-11-2006, 04:17 PM
It'd be a 18 certificate in the UK regardless.

Team Sheep
07-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Yeah all WWE DVD's are rated 15 or 18 in the UK. 18 translates into an R rating I believe?

Kane Knight
07-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Yeah all WWE DVD's are rated 15 or 18 in the UK. 18 translates into an R rating I believe?

Close enough (17)

Kalyx triaD
07-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Now the WWE is turning old ECW into WWECW. I honestly think Vince is out to run the company into the dirt.

Think about it, they take the creative powers away from Paul-E because the interest isn't there for classic ECW? But why would you have TWO reunion shows and a revival if the interest wasn't there for ECW?!? What type of dumbasses did they take us for with that excuse?! If Vince wanted a third brand, called WWE Extreme or something, he could've done it without promising us ECW. But here we are with a wannabe show that is increasingly unlike ECW. You know how hard it's gonna be to explain how cool ECW was when they have this crap as source material? On Sci-Fi?! That show's a vampire who isn't Gangrel!?

Like an ass I'm still gonna watch tonight to see if this new brand that isn't ECW gets better in anyway...