PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown Spoilers

CharismaInjection
07-19-2006, 09:23 AM
I just got back from the Smackdown! and ECW tapings here in Corpus Christi, TX. Here are the results.

Teddy Long opened up the show and announced that Mark Henry was injured at SNME and introduced Batista's opponent for Great American Bash: Mr.Kennedy. Kennedy came out and did a promo. I can't remember much of what he says but it led to Batista coming out and confronting him. Surprisingly the crowd actually booed when Long announced that Henry was out.

Lashley over Finlay via DQ.

The diva contestants come out and did a dance off of some sort. I can't say much about this other than I think that JT won.

Sylvan was shown backstage talking to various SmackDown talent and where they came from. He then went on to say something along the lines of, "Visit Quebec, it is much better".

Great Khali came out and Daivari cut a promo on his behalf, stating that Undertaker will not walk out of the Punjabi Prison match.

Kid Kash beat Brian Kendrick after Kash and Jamie Noble double-teamed Kendrick.

I believe Ashley and Jillian got the win over Kristal and Michelle.

Psicosis beat Super Crazy. There were a lot of high spots and they actually had a pretty good match.

Rey Mysterio beat King Booker. Rey wins after some help from Chavo.

These results are not in order and I probably left some info out so my apologies for that.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=19209&p=1

CharismaInjection
07-19-2006, 09:25 AM
In my personal opinion, this is without a doubt, the worst booking ever!

Rey faces Booker on SD! and beats him and WWE expect people to pay to watch it again...

This is Shit!

crock69
07-19-2006, 09:43 AM
They are getting Mr Kennedy who just lost to Smackdowns glorified jobber Matt Hardy to face Batista.

I am running to get my 40 bucks out for that.

Plus why in the hell is Psicosis & Super Crazy not having a match on the PPV probably could have 15 -18 minutes on PPV and be match of the night.

Ben Rodrigues
07-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Yeah... what's up with that main event? Seriously... They just threw away the PPV match on free tv.

KingofOldSchool
07-19-2006, 10:28 AM
I hate the fact that we finally get a PPV for the first time in 10 years and it ends up being this garbage.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-19-2006, 11:55 AM
The Booker Mysterio match was probably a dark match.

KingofOldSchool
07-19-2006, 12:29 PM
The Booker Mysterio match was probably a dark match.

Sooooo Super Crazy and Psicosis was the main event? :rofl:

JH
07-19-2006, 12:39 PM
this shit sucks

RGWhat316
07-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Uhh, are these legit, cus they seem pretty messed up? Especially if Rey/Booker is the main event of the show.

And even though I don't mind that Kennedy took up Batista's challenge. There went the theory of Matt and Kennedy after Matt pinned him last week.

owenbrown
07-19-2006, 02:07 PM
I won't be happy with seeing anything regarding Smackdown! (be it spoilers or PPV results) until I see the words NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION come up in the wording.:shifty:

Corkscrewed
07-19-2006, 03:13 PM
Rey/Booker has to be a dark match. Even the writers aren't that stupid.

But that'd be interesting to have a Psyco/Crazy main event.

Poor Kennedy, tho. He musta walked in on <s>Steph</s> Vince and Hunter or something.

The Genius
07-19-2006, 06:16 PM
i have a bad feeling all this jobbing kendrick/london are doing to the pitbulls will lead to them dropping the titles at GAB. this is exactly what happened to MNM and london/kendrick.

Fox
07-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Usually they do a clean finish for the main event dark matches just because nobody will ever see it besides the people in the arena, so they really don't care. I don't know why they'd use Chavo when it doesn't really enhance the storyline since, well, nobodys watching the story.

Maybe the screwjob finish is a way to leave fans wanting to see the real thing on PPV. But probably not.

JH
07-19-2006, 08:58 PM
i will say again
this shit sucks

Savio
07-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Sooooo Super Crazy and Psicosis was the main event? :rofl:They'll probably edit it and make the batista segment the ME.

McLegend
07-19-2006, 10:05 PM
So I guess no one notice how the guy who wrote the spoilers said they were not in order.

mrslackalack
07-19-2006, 10:08 PM
In my personal opinion, this is without a doubt, the worst booking ever!

Rey faces Booker on SD! and beats him and WWE expect people to pay to watch it again...

This is Shit!

Sounds like when WCW did it in 2000.

RGWhat316
07-20-2006, 01:33 PM
I found a second set of spoilers, and it's not too much different, so not better.

From PWInsider.com

The show opened with Teddy Long announcing it is gonna be Mr. Kennedy facing Batista at GAB. Kennedy comes out and cuts a little promo which brings out Batista to confront him.

Kid Kash vs. Brian Kendrick. Nice back and forth match pretty similar to last weeks match between their respective partners. Kid Kash wins after some outside help from Jamie Noble.

Chavo is shown in the back with Rey. Non title match is set up between Rey and King Booker tonight in the Main Event.

Gregory Helms comes out for commentary. Super Crazy vs. Psicosis have a match for title shot at GAB. Good competitive match that got good pops from crowd. Psicosis wins and has words with Helms afterwards.

Ashley and Jillian def. Kristal and Michelle McCool. Typical diva match which went better than expected.

Great Khali and Daivari come out and cut promo saying the same generic spiel they have the past few weeks. We still don't know what a Punjabi Prison match is exactly.

Lashley vs. Finlay. Finlay comes down with Regal. Good match that was similar to their other outings. Little Bastard came out from under the ring to attack Lashley. Then Regal and Lashley end up fighting which caused the DQ win for Lashley.

Next out are the Divas and Miz. It was a dance contest that got pretty good pops. Most could dance but a few were clueless. I can't remember who wins but does it really matter?

Rey Mysterio vs. King Booker. Decent match that had its moments. The end had Chavo distracting Booker to help Rey get the win.

After Smackdown ended, they set up the ECW ring and the show started at 9:00cst. So the show was on an hour time shift.

Azriel
07-20-2006, 01:56 PM
Hmm, maybe the Rey/Booker match will be no DQ then at GAB, and why wouldn't they say what a Punjabi Prison match is, unless Cole and JBL are going to provide the details.

KingofOldSchool
07-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Hmm, maybe the Rey/Booker match will be a nobody cares match at GAB

DominateR
07-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Surprisingly the crowd actually booed when Long announced that Henry was out.

"Surprisingly"?! Whoever made up this 1st spoiler report must be a huge fan of Mark Henry or hate Batista's guts, cuz I know I sure AS HELL wasn't the only one wanting to see Batista give Henry the ass-beating of a lifetime at The G.A.B. ...

Savio
07-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Lashley vs Little bastard a summerslam