PDA

View Full Version : Hughes vs. St. Pierre II

The Show Off
07-20-2006, 10:59 PM
When I first heard that Georges "Rush" St. Pierre was going to be one of the coaches of The Ultimate Fighter 4, I assumed he was given that spot as a way to hype his inevitable match up with Welterweight Champion Matt Hughes. Today I was scanning UFC.com, as I do from time to time, and discovered that the fight has offcially been announced and will be the main event of UFC 63, tentitivaly titled simply Hughes vs. St. Pierre from Anaheim, California, September 23rd.

When I saw that this fight was finally signed I got pretty excited as the first UFC card I saw in it's entirity since the UFC 6, was UFC 50: The War of '04. It was on that card that Hughes an St. Pierre first faught and St. Pierre's first, and only to date, MMA defeat. If was after that event that I had two favorites in the UFC, Rich Franklin and Georges St. Pierre. If I recall Franklin won that night with one second left in a round and Pierre lost with one second left in a round.

Since that night I've seen ever UFC fight those two men have been involved in and neither have lost. Rich is now the middleweight champion, and it would be ever so sweet to have one of my other favorites capture the gold from the very man that caused his only loss.

Since UFC 50 I think that Matt Huges has improved marginally, to be fair though he didn't have much improvement to do. Where as I think St. Pierre has upped his game tremendously since UFC 50. Either way I'm sure this fight will be a tremendous fight as both men don't have many weakness in their arsenal. Though I think St. Pierre has improved a lot, you still got to like Matt Hughes chances any time he fights, that guy is simply unbelieveable.

What does everyone else think of this fight that to me I've been waiting for for almost 2 years.

Kris P Lettus
07-20-2006, 11:05 PM
With Babalu vs Liddell in Aug and St. Pierre vs Hughs in Sept, the next two PPV's are going to destroy that wet turd called UFC 61..

The Show Off
07-20-2006, 11:33 PM
With Babalu vs Liddell in Aug and St. Pierre vs Hughs in Sept, the next two PPV's are going to destroy that wet turd called UFC 61..

Pretty much, not to mention UFC 62 had Griffin vs. Bonnar II which should once again be an awesome fight, even though I think this time Griffin will win with a knock out in the 2nd or 3rd.

Kris P Lettus
07-20-2006, 11:36 PM
Yeah, Forrest is the man..

The Show Off
07-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Yeah, Forrest is the man..

I personally like Bonnar more, but Forrest will win.

RP
07-21-2006, 03:48 AM
I cant believe its taken this long to get this rematch going. That said. Hughes will win.Unless he loses his mind like he did with Trigg and look to the ref for a call. If he does that, he's done. But he wont and he'll win. I'm just hoping for a spectacular fight.

( Is this where we post MMA fights now? I got a few topics on my mind. Watching UFC 2 right now. )

The Show Off
07-21-2006, 12:36 PM
I cant believe its taken this long to get this rematch going. That said. Hughes will win.Unless he loses his mind like he did with Trigg and look to the ref for a call. If he does that, he's done. But he wont and he'll win. I'm just hoping for a spectacular fight.

( Is this where we post MMA fights now? I got a few topics on my mind. Watching UFC 2 right now. )

Well the guys in the wresttling forum bitch about posting UFC news, questions, and comments in there. They do have a point too, UFC isn't wrestling, it is an actual sport, so I'd imagine this where all the MMA and UFC stuff shoucl go.

Than again I'm not a mod or anything, and I have no sway on the boards so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Kris P Lettus
07-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Post it in Site Feedback, RP..

Rob
07-21-2006, 01:44 PM
I would prefer GSP won just to open the division but I have a feeling Hughes will win the longer it goes.