PDA

View Full Version : The Great American Bash can be the greatest PPV of all time if...

Mr. Nerfect
07-21-2006, 07:15 AM
They let Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. The Pit Bulls go for 20 minutes...
The Bash has been derailed, so why not let these guys go all-out? Take the limits off them for a night, let them work a tag team match which allows them all to hit signature spots, and let these guys go nuts.

Finlay, Regal and Lashley are on their game...
I have no doubt they will be, but Regal and Finlay going at it in the first-time in the WWE? That's something I haven't yet seen, so I'm hoping it surprises me. Have Regal and Finlay work over Lashley, which allows Regal and Finlay to get down to business. Have Regal turn quasi-face for the match. Just as Lashley is about to get back into the match, have the Little Bastard come out and whack Lashley with Finlay's staff a few times. The US Title must leave on either Regal or Lashley, I'm thinking Lashley (just to live up to the PPV name.

Chavo Guerrero turns heel and King Booker wins the World Championship
If Chavo Guerrero is allowed to talk from the heart, the feud between Mysterio and Guerrero will be awesome. Plus, King Booker with another Heavyweight Title in the WWE, who doesn't want to see that?

Gregory Helms has a good opponent...
Helms will apparently be defending the belt at the PPV. Hopefully it's either against someone new, or someone extremely talented. Let them go for a solid amount of time, and have the limits taken off them as well. The crowd will probably pop pretty loud for Helms' dethroning, if it takes place.

So yeah, take the limits off the cruisers for a night, and this could be great.

Ben Rodrigues
07-21-2006, 07:20 AM
In reading that - it could be good. But I really doubt they're going to let cruisers go off limits. I'd bet $100 AU or US, up to you.

Nothing's going to top WM 17 and Canadian Stampede.

Impact!
07-21-2006, 08:08 AM
Psychosis is his opponent btw

Impact!
07-21-2006, 08:08 AM
Hopefully they let Kennedy have a fair run as well.

Bad Company
07-21-2006, 09:16 AM
Stop getting peoples hopes up. The product sucks.

Londoner
07-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Smackdown has actually been far more entertaining than Raw i think so this could be a good PPV, especially now Mark Henry is no longer on the card. Kennedy/Batista could be a decent match.

ClockShot
07-21-2006, 09:28 AM
I've been waiting a long time for Chavo to go the "Why uncle, why lend your strength to Rey and not me" route. But to be quite honest, I haven't watched smackdown in the for a good while, so I'm out of the loop.

Londoner
07-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Just seen a great match between Kendrick and Kid Kash, I now agree with your opinion Alienoid, not that the PPV could be great but that match could be great. Only problem is tag matches suck these days.

St. Jimmy
07-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Smackdown has actually been far more entertaining than Raw i think so this could be a good PPV, especially now Mark Henry is no longer on the card. Kennedy/Batista could be a decent match.

In your opinion. IMO, Smackdown is cartoonish and lame. Raw is atleast semi-edgy.

Russenmafia
07-21-2006, 05:34 PM
as bad as SD! can be at times, their two PPV's No Way Out and Judgement Day this year have been pretty good. Hopefully they can make it a hat trick with GAB.

Londoner
07-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Cartoonish and lame? Yeah Umaga and his manager aren't cartoonish at all eh...tell me what is cartoonish and lame about smackdown then? Not saying I disagree, just asking you to back up what you say really.

Raw is only semi edgy with the dx/ Mcmahon/ SS angle, everything else on Raw sucks.

St. Jimmy
07-21-2006, 06:07 PM
King Booker and his Regime is cartoonish and lame. Rey as the fucking champion is as Mickey Mouse as it gets. Kahli and Divari. JBL (while he is the man on the mic) is rather childish with the headset, him and Cole just reek Kafaybe. We won't get into how much JR and King suck ass, cause they do. Raw atleast has Edge (what? a credable champion? *shock*) DX/McMahons, the Highlanders (while being cartoonish, are actually believeable). Umaga squashes are a given, but Estrada is gold. 24K fucking gold. It's just better product.

Mr. Nerfect
07-21-2006, 09:15 PM
I believe SmackDown! is better than RAW. The Spirit Squad and DX are lame. I like the Squad, but male cheerleaders? Eh, they should just be young guys that band together. Umaga is one of the worst characters to come through the WWE in some time.

The Undertaker and The Great Khali fuck up SmackDown!, but the rest is good. King Booker isn't so much cheesy as it is egotistical heel behaviour. Finlay is one of the better heels the WWE has. Edge is good and all, but he bores me with his "ARGH!" shtick. Let him be entertaining, again. Oh wait, that would make Captain Cheese (John Cena) look bad.

Rey Mysterio as World Champion is a debatable decision, but he has great matches. Plus, SmackDown! has Paul London & Brian Kendrick, instant plus.

JBL is a great heel commentator. Michael Cole is annoying with his bias towards faces, but JBL is easily the best colour commentator in the WWE. He will be a Hall of Famer because of his commentating work supporting his wrestling career.

Batista, Ken Kennedy and the cruiserweights, who may not get much chance to work, but still are still solid, help matters as well. SmackDown! has solid matches each week, and is constantly entertaining to watch.

I'm sorry, this is just my opinion, but SmackDown! pwns RAW.

St. Jimmy
07-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Mysterio hasn't had a good match before OR after:

1. Vs. RVS @ Head to Head
2. Vs Sabu @ ONS2

Secondly, Smackdown is all about the shitty Taker/Kahli angel, and a Sub-par WHC scene. Booker vs. Rey is a shitty match and we all know it. If Booker dosn't win, the PPV will be a complete pile of shit. You know they're not going to let a Tag Title match go over 7-10 minutes these days. The CW title match will end with a run in. US title match will be decent. Nothing I'd ever buy.

Londoner
07-22-2006, 09:52 AM
I believe SmackDown! is better than RAW. The Spirit Squad and DX are lame. I like the Squad, but male cheerleaders? Eh, they should just be young guys that band together. Umaga is one of the worst characters to come through the WWE in some time.

The Undertaker and The Great Khali fuck up SmackDown!, but the rest is good. King Booker isn't so much cheesy as it is egotistical heel behaviour. Finlay is one of the better heels the WWE has. Edge is good and all, but he bores me with his "ARGH!" shtick. Let him be entertaining, again. Oh wait, that would make Captain Cheese (John Cena) look bad.

Rey Mysterio as World Champion is a debatable decision, but he has great matches. Plus, SmackDown! has Paul London & Brian Kendrick, instant plus.

JBL is a great heel commentator. Michael Cole is annoying with his bias towards faces, but JBL is easily the best colour commentator in the WWE. He will be a Hall of Famer because of his commentating work supporting his wrestling career.

Batista, Ken Kennedy and the cruiserweights, who may not get much chance to work, but still are still solid, help matters as well. SmackDown! has solid matches each week, and is constantly entertaining to watch.

I'm sorry, this is just my opinion, but SmackDown! pwns RAW.

You wrote all of my exact thoughts down.

Also as for the cartoonish and lame stuff you mentioned Jimmy, I disagree on most of it. The Booker/Rey/Lashley/Finlay feuds have been entertaining and also have been putting on good matches. Even though i disagree with rey being champ hes been entertaining lately. the worst thing about SD as alienoid said is The Great Khali/ Undertaker. Oh and Vito's gimmick, that needs to stop, now. But overall Smackdown seem to be able to build up feuds better than Raw, if you've watched Smackdown lately, you would know this.

I would say Raw is more cartoonish than smackdown, aswell as lame. Look at all the shit DX have been pulling on Raw,look at the new shirt even, you telling me that isn't cartoonish and lame???? Spirit Squad also fall into that category. Edge is not a credible champion imo, he literally bores the fuck out of me, more than Cena ever did. Carlito's gimmick is also very cartoonish. If they give Umaga a proper storyline then I might start caring, but with such a shitty finisher I very much doubt it.

Londoner
07-22-2006, 09:55 AM
It depends what you like though. If you like a show with bigger names and shitty storylines/feuds, then Raw is for you. If you like feuds built up correctly and better/less meaningless matches(like me) then Smackdown is for you.

Volare
07-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Just seen a great match between Kendrick and Kid Kash, I now agree with your opinion Alienoid, not that the PPV could be great but that match could be great. Only problem is tag matches suck these days.

yeah, I love how random tag teams come along and fight for the title right away.:roll:

like with MnM....then London/Kendrick show up and win
Now Noble/Kash show up and they get a shot

Not like back in the day when you had about 10-12 main event capable tag teams going for it.

Londoner
07-23-2006, 07:56 AM
^^ Yeah the other problem I have with the tag division that you didn't mention is that the new team always seems to win the titles and the old team gets forgotten about. It wouldn't surprise me if Kendrick and London lose and then split up....

Ben Rodrigues
07-23-2006, 07:58 AM
^^ Yeah the other problem I have with the tag division that you didn't mention is that the new team always seems to win the titles and the old team gets forgotten about. It wouldn't surprise me if Kendrick and London lose and then split up....

That's the formula they've been using for the past few years.

Pepsi Man
07-23-2006, 09:40 AM
Greatest PPV of all time? I hate to sound like Dave Wadding, but that's as ridiculous as the notion that Doug Basham and Chris Benoit are equivalent in the wrestling ring.

Russenmafia
07-23-2006, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE=Alienoid06]

JBL is a great heel commentator. QUOTE]

Agreed, surprised he is the only heel commentator on the 3 main shows.

FourFifty
07-23-2006, 10:19 AM
King Booker and his Regime is cartoonish and lame. Rey as the fucking champion is as Mickey Mouse as it gets. Kahli and Divari. JBL (while he is the man on the mic) is rather childish with the headset, him and Cole just reek Kafaybe. We won't get into how much JR and King suck ass, cause they do. Raw atleast has Edge (what? a credable champion? *shock*) DX/McMahons, the Highlanders

I'm Robbie!

Kane Knight
07-23-2006, 10:23 AM
I'm not specifically sure how Rey is any more cartoonish than DX, a group of male cheerleaders, etc., myself.

Rey is certainly shitty, but cartoonish?

I mean, even the undertaker gets outcartooned by MAY NINETHEENTHETHETH!

Kane Knight
07-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Agreed, surprised he is the only heel commentator on the 3 main shows.

I'm not. Raw hasn't had a real heel commentator in ages (Coach doesn't count, he was never really a set addition), and ECW's gone the TNA route of EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Splaya
07-23-2006, 12:46 PM
IT's kind of interesting as to what they will do with the WHC tonight. IMO I believe they will drop the belt to Booker because of the "argument" between him and Tista. IF you remember, they said that at one point this was going to set up a feud between the two. Tista beats Kennedy, Booker beats Rey with help from Chavo. Look at what gets setup if everything goes down like this for Summerslam

Rey vs Chavo
Tista vs Booker for the Heavyweight title

Those would be two matches I would pay to see. You have Tista defeat Booker for the title, but have them feud till Royal Rumble for the title with 1 or 2 title changes. Eventually have Tista go into the Rumble as the chaser and win the title. Then it's Tista vs *gasp* Taker for the title at WM23 in Detroit.

Rev vs Chavo is another one that makes me wonder. Have chavo win hte match and destroy Rey after it. I'm talking like full on chair shots to the knee. I believe it was reported that after WM22, Rey needed surgery on his knee. Have Chavo win by lying cheating and stealing, and then destroy Rey's knee after the match. This sets up a reunion between the two when Rey returns at the Royal Rumble ( I would keep him off SD until then)

darkpower
07-23-2006, 09:01 PM
Umm...you DO realize that all the commentators are force-fed their lines by Vince, right? So whatever arguments you make towards to commentators themselves are pointless because they should be directed at McMahon instead.

Let JR, Styles, or Cole loose one time, and they will more or less tell you what they REALLY THINK!!

JR: BAHGAWD, MY BBQ SAUCE WILL MAKE THIS PRODUCT BETTER!!

STYLES: OH, MY GOD!!! THIS SHIT SUCKS!!!

COLE: THIS is the best Vince can come up with? That fuckhead!

Xero
07-23-2006, 09:03 PM
Umm...you DO realize that all the commentators are force-fed their lines by Vince, right? So whatever arguments you make towards to commentators themselves are pointless because they should be directed at McMahon instead.

Let JR, Styles, or Cole loose one time, and they will more or less tell you what they REALLY THINK!!

JR: BAHGAWD, MY BBQ SAUCE WILL MAKE THIS PRODUCT BETTER!!

STYLES: OH, MY GOD!!! THIS SHIT SUCKS!!!

COLE: THIS is the best Vince can come up with? That fuckhead!

Schiavone: THIS IS THE GREATEST NIGHT IN THE HISTORY OF OUR SPORT!