PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite current wrestler?!

Rock Bottom
02-06-2004, 06:50 PM
Who and why? (Note: Current Wrestlers. If I included every wrestler ever, I'd have an even harder time coming up with enough wrestlers as I am now. And also, if your wrestler is not up there, I apologize. Hard to get them all, post that they are your favorite anyway.)

I'm gonna be predictable and go with The Rock. He beat Show/Undertaker in a handicap match, beat someone in four seconds, among other crazy feats. Yet on the same token he can put ANYONE over, and never complains or cries about it. He sells like a mofo, draws like a mother ****er, and dances circles around just about anybody on the mic. Tons of other reasons why I picked him, but I don't wanna jam the thread with my own opinions, I wanna hear everyone's.

NOTE: After seeing this I realize it may be confusing to even FIND the wrestler you wish to vote for due to the amount of options, so they're in alphabetical order starting with SmackDown! and then RAW.

John la Rock
02-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Rock is my favorite all time wrestler by the way

But my current favorite is Eddie Guerrero

Fryza
02-06-2004, 06:57 PM
Raven

Evil Vito
02-06-2004, 07:16 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Chris Jericho</font>

Face Heely
02-06-2004, 07:19 PM
I'm gonna go with The Hurricane. I'm a sucker for wacky, way-outta-left-field gimmicks, and he's fun to watch both in and out of the ring. :y:

Kane Knight
02-06-2004, 07:30 PM
Y...2...J-uhhhhhh...

Fox
02-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Randy Orton.

I didn't really like him at first, but his mic skills only get better every week, and his feud with Foley is probably the best thing going on in the WWE right now.

Loose Cannon
02-06-2004, 07:33 PM
RANDY ORTON

Showstopper
02-06-2004, 07:36 PM
A-train!!!! Just Kidding.
For real, Kane. For a heel, he sure is funny to me. Do you guys remember wen he talked about that dog when he was a kid,,,omg, my brother and i were laughing out loud, plus for a guy who didn't talk for a while he sure has developed a character.

Mikey
02-06-2004, 07:37 PM
John Cena-Very entertaining

Funky Fly
02-06-2004, 07:41 PM
Ultimo Dragon, bitch.

It's always been about Ultimo. I used to mark for him like a little bitch when he'd be on back in the good ol' days of WCW.

Mister Sinister
02-06-2004, 08:23 PM
C.M Punk!

thebitch
02-06-2004, 08:32 PM
LOL @ it being "favorite current wrestler" yet only WWE superstars are on there.

But, out of the WWE, mine would be Sean O'Haire. Love the man.

Outside of WWE, AJ Styles baby!

Fryza
02-06-2004, 08:33 PM
Out of the WWE, no way to choose from Victoria, Sean O'Haire, Rhyno, Rob Conway, Batista, Haas, and Morgan.

Still going with Raven though, close second to Matt Cross.

Rock Bottom
02-06-2004, 08:35 PM
LOL @ it being "favorite current wrestler" yet only WWE superstars are on there.

But, out of the WWE, mine would be Sean O'Haire. Love the man.

Outside of WWE, AJ Styles baby!

Yeah, forgot to add that to the subject, it's in the poll question though. I haven't been keeping up much with outside the WWE ever since they bought the other companies. I couldn't even list who is where and who is wrestling if I tried. :(

ilt_undertaker
02-06-2004, 08:37 PM
<font color=Silver>Undertaker, but I was real close to picking Flair</font>

MVP
02-06-2004, 09:13 PM
As if three quarter of those names have to be there.

The majority of the picks are going to Jericho (mine), Cena, Orton, Benoit, and The Rock.

Rock Bottom
02-06-2004, 09:17 PM
Better to have extra than leave out someone's favorite imo. Hurricane is currently beating The Rock and Cena I may add. :p

Boondock Saint
02-06-2004, 09:17 PM
Cena or Benoit. I voted for Benoit. If Vince was on there, it would have been tough too. Well, Vince isn't my favorite wrestler, but character, yes. Closely followed by Cena.

Longshot
02-06-2004, 09:23 PM
Matt Hardy...under used big time. :(

Fav of all time is Bret Hart

Corkscrewed
02-06-2004, 09:23 PM
\mm/

The Show Off
02-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Christian

I used to think nothing much of the guy when he was the Cruiserweight Champion, but once he and Edge got rolling I liked him and Edge more and more. I loved the whole “for the benefit of flash photography” bit and “totally reeking of awesomeness.” But it was only until Christian went to Raw and Edge to Smackdown did I see that Christian is a superior showman in and out of the ring. Yeah I’m one of the Peeps of the new People’s Champions, and I’m looking forward to the Jericho vs. Christian match at Wrestlemania XX.

Gertner
02-06-2004, 11:33 PM
in wwe matt hardy

in wrestling. The Gathering

Loose Cannon
02-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Come on people, Randy Orton is a Hardcore Legend :yes: :yes:

Vega
02-07-2004, 12:22 AM
Benoit.

Kristanna Vola
02-07-2004, 12:32 AM
John 'F'N' Cena. Why? His theme music always gets me hyped up for his matches as he's about to battle, his entire character (great mic skills included) comes off aggressive yet laid back, cocky and edgy.

EazyMack
02-07-2004, 02:31 AM
WOOOOOOO

(Ric Flair)

Vastardikai
02-07-2004, 04:26 AM
Benoit, hands down.

First time I saw him was on an episode of WCW in the early-mid '90s, IIRC. They were hyping the debut of Jushin Lyger as he was going to face Brian Pillman. One of the matches was Jushin vs. Chris Benoit, and they mentioned that he was formerly the Pegassus Kid. Anyhow, that match rocked. So much so that they brought him Stateside for a brief tour (including a Clash of the Champions Match with Brad Armstrong, another amazing contest.) He fell off the radar for a while, and then I heard of him again, as he was a member of the New Japan Three that was making a big splash in ECW with their incredible wrestling ability (the rest of this group was, of course, Dean Malenko and Eddie Guerrero).

Favorite Benoit moment was exactly a technical classic, but it was just a funny as hell jobber squash against Ron Studd (aka Reese). Nothing says funny like Benoit looking up at a Seven Foot monster and just slapping the taste out of his mouth.

Also, if they were to drop the shitty gimmicks, Rico and Rob Conway would both probably be big stars, and they may even be more deserving than Orton. Before I get hammered with hate mail, I just feel that Rico has a watchable style, even if he does look like the Gay Version of the Ultimate Warrior. Conway just seems to know what he's doing, and he has a nice looking Hanging Neckbreaker (not quite as nice as the Rude Awakening, but close). If he was given almost any other gimmick (maybe something between Rick Rude and Val Venis, or even like "The Model" Rick Martel, without the big pin and the Atomizer.), I think people would be trumpeting his praises.

Mister Sinister
02-07-2004, 04:29 AM
Another Favorite of Mine would be, The Man That J.R said could cut a promo or Interview and has no Charisma what so ever...

Steve Corino

That just shows that, J.R really doesn't know anything

Vastardikai
02-07-2004, 04:32 AM
You know, since the WWE wants to go more mat-based, I think Corino could fit in perfectly. Of course, he'd make buffoons out of Triple H and HBK, so it ain't happening.

Mister Sinister
02-07-2004, 04:39 AM
You know, since the WWE wants to go more mat-based, I think Corino could fit in perfectly. Of course, he'd make buffoons out of Triple H and HBK, so it ain't happening.

I couldn't said it better myself you Mute Bald Headed Bastard!

Cactus Sid
02-07-2004, 07:40 AM
Jericho, he's just the most unbelievably consistent performer, regardless of how much they try and keep him down

Blue Demon
02-07-2004, 09:41 AM
I went with Flair...WOOOOOOO!

Cruiserweight 3:16
02-07-2004, 08:20 PM
I voted for Eddie Guerrero

Boondock Saint
02-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Another Favorite of Mine would be, The Man That J.R said could cut a promo or Interview and has no Charisma what so ever...

Steve Corino

That just shows that, J.R really doesn't know anything

Unfortunately, I haven't seen much of Corino, if any. I have heard really good things though. Was he in WCW, or was that...um...Chris Candido? For some reason I get them mixed up. I saw one on Nitro, and I think I saw one of them on ECW on TNN too, forget which guy though. :-\ Unless it was the same person I saw.

Mr. JL
02-07-2004, 09:32 PM
Raven

ilt_undertaker
02-07-2004, 10:21 PM
<font color=Silver>Outside the WWE I would say Raven or AJ Styles</font>

asphyXy
02-07-2004, 11:27 PM
<font color=969696>Chris Jericho</font>

Excellance of Execution
02-08-2004, 08:08 AM
I voted for John Cena, only because he said current. If he would of said overall, i would have said Jericho or Angle.

Razor Rybek
02-08-2004, 08:21 AM
Randy Orton- "Hardcore Legend" baby, I need say no more... :y:

Loose Cannon
02-08-2004, 10:15 AM
Randy Orton- "Hardcore Legend" baby, I need say no more... :y:
:yes: :yes:

Sephiroth
02-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Benoit and Jericho are the ones i like best.

SUPREMO
02-08-2004, 03:16 PM
That a hard one but i got to go with john cena or if taker come back as old taker i would have to go with him

The Naitch
02-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Of all time: The Rock

Currently: John Cena

EazyMack
02-09-2004, 07:56 PM
Naitch: avatar & title = hee-larious.

I'm feelin' that, playuh.

Funky Fly
02-09-2004, 08:02 PM
I wish this were one of those polls where you can vote more than once.

There are others that I like almost as much as Ultimo.

Mr Bling Bling
02-09-2004, 09:30 PM
RANDY ORTON-

Most Improved Wrestler of the year, no doubt. He went from Heat a year ago, to being the man chosen to pin Michaels at Survivor Series to end Austin's career (which we all knew would not last very long.) But the WWE had to of seen something in the kid to have him win the match.

Loving the feud now with Foley.

Wrestlemania 20- Randy Orton vs. Mick Foley 'I Quit Match'

We will see how Hardcore the "Hardcore Legend" really is.

bobfinger
02-09-2004, 11:42 PM
It's always been Jericho and Stone Cold Steve Austin for Me

I voted for Jericho, RUFUS

The Naitch
02-10-2004, 12:45 PM
Naitch: avatar & title = hee-larious.

I'm feelin' that, playuh.

;)

hey Bling Bling, if Randy Orton and Mankind...I mean...Mick Foley was an "I Quit Match", Orton would just be following the EXACT same route as The Rock did back in the day. Starting from being labelled as a blue chip 3rd generation star, to his face run, to his heel alliance to Evolution, to his IC win, to his blah blah blah blah...

123 kid
02-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Hard decision but I had to go with the heartbreak kid I mean hes a legend, also I like taker, Billy Gunn, Benoit, Jericho, Rob Van Dam but if this poll will be done in a year or so I would most probably go with John Cena.......

The Naitch
02-10-2004, 01:14 PM
honorable mention goes to Jericho and Flair

The Naitch
02-10-2004, 01:15 PM
and Rey Rey