PDA

View Full Version : HEY, YOUR HERO

The Miz
07-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Remember that time we disagreed about Esteban Loaiza and Jeff Weaver, me saying they were awful pickups and you saying they were good ones

Esteban Loaiza: 4-5, 6.38 ERA, 1.72 WHIP
Jeff Weaver: 3-10, 6.29 ERA, 1.52 WHIP

SO THERE.

Everyone feel free to talk shit about YOUR Hero hereo

The Miz
07-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Also remember that time VEL said Loaiza was better than Roy Halladay

The Miz
07-22-2006, 05:40 PM
lFeel free to talk shit about VEL hereo also. That would be funnier actually because he can´t defend hisself

The Miz
07-22-2006, 05:41 PM
´The Miz´iz drunk file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/INTERN%7E1/CONFIG%7E1/TEMP/moz-screenshot.jpg

YOUR Hero
07-22-2006, 10:44 PM
I felt, given their previous years that they were serviceable pitchers with value. I also stated that I thought they were overpaid. Unlike you however, I don't just say so&so sucks and offer up your numbers and opinions to 'prove' it. Like remember when you said Soriano was shitty and only produced at The BallPark in Arlington but not on the road. You said, he'd suck as a National because of that huge park. What I'm saying is we all make mistakes. Just not as many as VEL.

YOUR Hero
07-22-2006, 10:53 PM
LOL, remember how you stated before (almost everyday) that Chone(Shawn) Figgins is shit? He does however lead the AL is stolen bases- second in all of MLB behind Reyes (who you also have stated is overrated).
He's top 50 in runs scored, despite his low OBP and despite your claims that he's a mediocre talent that just happens to play several positions. He is versatile enough that he can play several position in the Major Leagues.
And despite his lower than desired batting avg this year, he has in the past hit in the .290's with a respectable 350+ OBP. Oh and he's also been a world champion.

YOUR Hero
07-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Lets not foget about your Curt Shilling thoughts.Despite the fact he's an asshole, he's put up good numbers, again. low whip, good era and despite your claims that wins mean nothing, he keeps on winning. Oh and he's a world champ x2

BCWWF
07-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Vince Young will be a wide receiver in the NFL :shifty:

The Outlaw
07-23-2006, 11:28 PM
OH SNAP

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-23-2006, 11:29 PM
Lets not foget about your Curt Shilling thoughts.Despite the fact he's an asshole, he's put up good numbers, again. low whip, good era and despite your claims that wins mean nothing, he keeps on winning. Oh and he's a world champ x2
Are you serious? Schilling is all done, he is never coming back from that ankle injury

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-23-2006, 11:30 PM
Yankees are better than the Red Sox because the Yankees have 9 good hitters and the Red Sox only have 2

The Miz
07-24-2006, 12:26 PM
lol I'm obviously fucking around here. :rant:

I'll humor you though

Like remember when you said Soriano was shitty and only produced at The BallPark in Arlington but not on the road. You said, he'd suck as a National because of that huge park. What I'm saying is we all make mistakes. Just not as many as VEL.

I was wrong about Soriano because I underestimated how truly crappy NL pitching is.

Alfonso Soriano vs. AL pitching, 2006:
(.182/.299/.364), .662 OPS
12-66, 3 HR, 8 RBI, 11 BB, 16 K

Not a great sample size obviously, but it's not a coincidence that the only bad numbers he has this year are against the guys in the breaking ball league.

Home/Away splits
2005: 1.011 home OPS, .639 road OPS (.821 overall)
2004: .886 home OPS, .735 road OPS (.808 overall)

Soriano was absolutely terrible away from Arlington his 2 years as a Ranger. There are two things that can make above average hitters look like MVP candidates: extreme hitters ballparks and NL pitching. I would love to see Soriano play 81 games in SAFECO or McAfee. 30 homers tops.

Not to mention this guy's career OBP is .320. They pitch around him now because he's the only real offensive threat in that lineup but Soriano's patience was pitiful the first 5 years of his career.

Obviously Soriano is a good player, I just think he's extremely overrated and his numbers are inflated. I don't think he's this MVP-caliber premier second baseman everyone makes him out to be. Don't know two many MVP's who have made outs 68% of the time in their career.

Unlike you however, I don't just say so&so sucks and offer up your numbers and opinions to 'prove' it

What would you rather I use other than facts to support my arguments?

LOL, remember how you stated before (almost everyday) that Chone(Shawn) Figgins is shit? He does however lead the AL is stolen bases- second in all of MLB behind Reyes (who you also have stated is overrated).
He's top 50 in runs scored, despite his low OBP and despite your claims that he's a mediocre talent that just happens to play several positions. He is versatile enough that he can play several position in the Major Leagues.
And despite his lower than desired batting avg this year, he has in the past hit in the .290's with a respectable 350+ OBP. Oh and he's also been a world champion.

First of all, I don't believe you take me seriously when I saw somebody sucks/is shit. Anybody who plays baseball for a living does not suck at it. Figgins is, however, quite overrated.

League leader in stolen bases. Um, cool? Stolen bases are nice, but not really that important. They hurt the team when they come at less than an 80% success rate like Chone's do. And about Reyes, all I said he was overrated up to that point in his career. And he was, .303 OBP entering 2006. He's had a great season this year but I never said he wouldn't.

Top 20 in runs scored. Congrats to the Angels for hitting him in. It's really a great tribute to Figgins' talents that Vlad Guerrero hits behind him. Or something

And as far as Figgins versatitlity, it's fucking killing the Angels. The Angels are currently in 3rd place, with Oakland in 1st. They have a lower team ERA than Oakland. They have scored more runs than Oakland. So what gives? The defense, by far the worst in the AL. 79 errors. Figgins has 12 of those to lead the team. He makes less than 9 out of 10 plays at third base. He has 3 errors in center field, which apparently is impossible. He is flat out embarassing on defense. The worst defensive player on the worst defensive team in baseball, occupying the leadoff spot with a .671 OPS. I'd call that overrated. Without Chone Figgins (and your fave Garret Anderson), the Angels are in first right now. I refuse to believe Howie Kendrick (Angels top non-pitching prospect) could possibly do any worse than a .671 OPS and an .882 F%

I just get tired of hearing how Figgins is the perfect lead off hitter, and how he's a "table-setter" and all that nonsense. Figgins has been by far and away the worst leadoff hitter in the AL this year.

OPS in the leadoff spot:
1. RJohnson .950
2. Sizemore .906
3. Matthews Jr. .894
4. Lugo .885
5. DeJesus .883
6. Youkilis .852
7. Suzuki .838
8. Damon .826
9. Granderson .824
10. Roberts .785
11. Podsednik .747
12. Kotsay .705
13. Castillo .676
14. Figgins .671

I was wrong about Schilling. I think it's funny how you bring up how Figgins and Schilling are "World Champs" like that's supposed to defeat my argument or something. Here is a list of some world champions:

Geoff Blum
Byung-Hyun Kim (x2)
Tim Spooneybarger
Midre Cummings

So, congrats to World Champion Chone Figgins for appearing in 24 games and getting 2 hits for the team that snuck into the playoffs and had a nice hot streak aided by playing against Dusty Baker. Granted, World Champion Chone Figgins had a total of one plate appearance in the 2002 postseason, but I guess World Champion Chone Figgins' versatility just rubbed off on his teammates or something

The Miz
07-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Vince Young will be a wide receiver in the NFL :shifty:

I would ask you to show me where I said that, but looking for things that don't exist could take some time

The Miz
07-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Yankees are better than the Red Sox because the Yankees have 9 good hitters and the Red Sox only have 2

Aren't you the "Ortiz is so clutch" guy?

vs. the AL
New York 46-32 (minus Sheffield and Matsui)
Boston 43-36

Congrats on beating up the Phillies and the Nationals though :y:

ct2k
07-24-2006, 01:48 PM
Miz is on a rampage:D

ct2k
07-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Every sunday night Joe Morgan just never stops saying that word 'clutch', Jon Miller even said it in reference to situations with runners ISP. I guess by that definition Ortiz really is 'Mr Clutch'

The Miz
07-24-2006, 02:19 PM
Joe Morgan also thinks that teams that hit into lots of double plays are good teams because that means they have lots of runners on base. He also thinks Billy Beane invented calculators and programmed a computer to write Moneyball

ct2k
07-24-2006, 02:28 PM
He also believes in playing to win everygame no matter what the score or situation, even if it means over taxing your bullpen consistently

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Aren't you the "Ortiz is so clutch" guy?

vs. the AL
New York 46-32 (minus Sheffield and Matsui)
Boston 43-36

Congrats on beating up the Phillies and the Nationals though :y:
lol I wasn't so much saying the Red Sox where really that better than the Yankees, just saying they got more than 2 hitters.

Also wasn't dead serious either, since if somebody could correctly predict every single thing that would happen in sports they'd be a very rich person

ct2k
07-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Yeah but look what happened to Biff in Back to the Future 2

The Miz
07-24-2006, 03:39 PM
ESPN's Tim Kurkjian reports that the White Sox are very close to acquiring Alfonso Soriano.

Ask, and you shall recieve! I dunno if US Cellular is a hitters or pitchers park but Soriano going back to the AL should expose this first half as a fluke

YOUR Hero
07-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Was his Yankees years flukes, too?

TRAVIS! - you are the only one that can kid? You think I wasn't kidding around? Didn't the world champs thing kind of highlight it?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-24-2006, 11:36 PM
My all time favorite is when DaveWadding told me the Patriots had no chance at (pretty sure he even went as far as something as ridiculous as saying 0% or something) beating the Rams in Superbowl 36.

The Miz
07-25-2006, 05:59 AM
Your tone was pretty convincing :p

The Miz
07-25-2006, 06:53 AM
My recent favorite off the top of my head is a Joey Slugs one, about Toronto signing BJ Ryan: "File Under: Dan Kolb"

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-25-2006, 11:09 AM
A-Rod is better defensively than Mike Lowell was good one too but I can't remember who said it, mighta been FakeRazor

YOUR Hero
08-30-2006, 09:53 AM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/mlb/players/2006_1/5368.jpg

Aug 29 Loaiza shut out Boston for seven innings on Monday, surrendering just four hits in Oakland's 9-0 win.

Aug 24 On Wednesday, Loaiza threw a four-hit shutout . The Oakland Athletics' right-hander struck out seven Toronto Blue Jays' batters and walked none.

Loaiza finished off a strong August, going 4-0 with a 1.70 ERA in six starts.

Meanwhile Chone Figgins kept on stealing bases.

The Miz
08-30-2006, 03:38 PM
What did Loaiza do April-July? How's Jeff Weaver doing?

Meanwhile Chone Figgins has the lowest OPS, OBP, and SLG of all AL lead-off hitters.

But he steals bases!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR Hero
08-30-2006, 10:45 PM
He also plays every position on the field.

YOUR Hero
08-30-2006, 10:46 PM
Besides, the A's are an August team, So Loaiza is doing just what you'd expect. CAUSE HE'S CLUTCH, BABY!!!

Jared Weaver is doing pretty good, d'uh. QED!!1 :shifty:

Crippla
08-31-2006, 09:04 PM
5 GAME SWEEP! FUCK THE RED SOX! (nothing to do with the post, just a reminder)