PDA

View Full Version : How long do you think ECW will last before they drop it?

The Naitch
07-22-2006, 05:45 PM
6 months?

1 year?

Discuss

Kane Knight
07-22-2006, 06:05 PM
ECW is already dead to me. :(

Jaton
07-22-2006, 06:09 PM
IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMNIT

Xero
07-22-2006, 06:18 PM
A few years, because Sci-Fi sees it as a success.

Ben Rodrigues
07-22-2006, 06:25 PM
They are showing signs of improvement with the implementation of storylines and what sci-fi fan wouldn't get off to Kelly Kelly?

Destor
07-22-2006, 06:55 PM
2 years.

Kane Knight
07-22-2006, 06:57 PM
They are showing signs of improvement with the implementation of storylines and what sci-fi fan wouldn't get off to Kelly Kelly?

None. Come on, she's human. Why jerk off to that when you can have 7 of nine or that vulcan chick from Enterprise?

DRBailey
07-22-2006, 07:55 PM
It'll last , it's wrestling which Vince knows, not the XFL or WBF . The WWE's biggest problem is phasing out the established WWE stars and letting them be their own independent entity as far as the talent goes. In a way the brand extension limits it. Will it take part at Wrestlemania? Logic says yes (I honestly dont know the specifics of ECW so if someone can tell me) because if it were to run a PPV in that month or any month it risks taking away money from established PPVS...

If it's seen on a par with the established brands within the company than yes, else it could go either way.

Xero
07-22-2006, 08:05 PM
It'll last , it's wrestling which Vince knows,
You see, wrestling is what Vince USED to know. In the 80's-early 90s, Vince KNEW the fans wanted a hero. He KNEW they wanted the babyface to get the bad guy in the end. In the mid 1990's to 2002 or so he KNEW they wanted the Anti-authority. He knew that the fans wanted cool bad guys who were faces. He knew that these "cool bad guy faces" could beat either a heel or a face and still stay over.

Today, though, Vince doesn't know what the fans want. He tried to go the good guy/bad guy route with Cena, and that failed horribly. He's tried the anti-authority rout with Cena, and that has failed horribly. He's tried overly controversial route MANY times over the past few years and has failed.

While in the 90's he wasn't exactly "with it" (turning down and stopping many gimmicks that were over because he "didn't get it"), things got through with Russo and others in his ear. Now, he's completely lost touch with the current generation AND he has utterly retarded and/or spineless writers who won't write original ideas, only shit they know Vince will enjoy.

Right now, every brand in the WWE is Vince's plaything. Most of the "funny" unfunny shit is just because he thought it would be funny. Put Vito on a dress? ":rofl:" Put Kane in a feud with himself? ":y:" Make Paul Burchill a pirate? "He's not a pirate. What the fuck is 'Pirates of the Caribbean?' Who the fuck is Johnny Depp? Take it off."

In short, Vince has gone insane and clearly doesn't know who he's writing for anymore.

DRBailey
07-22-2006, 08:09 PM
In reality Vince hasnt known for years, Austin was a mistake, a coincidence that the MSG incident happened making HHH a whipping boy for Warrior instead of 96's KOTR and as far as I'm aware the Austin 3:16 thing happened thanks to Steve Austin not Vince. If he'd have picked anyone but Roberts to be the other finalist would we have gotten another boom?

Xero
07-22-2006, 08:13 PM
In reality Vince hasnt known for years, Austin was a mistake, a coincidence that the MSG incident happened making HHH a whipping boy for Warrior instead of 96's KOTR and as far as I'm aware the Austin 3:16 thing happened thanks to Steve Austin not Vince. If he'd have picked anyone but Roberts to be the other finalist would we have gotten another boom?
Yeah, the boom was already there with the nWo. Vince was eventually going to pick up on it, but it wouldn't have hit for another few months at least, and it may not have been Austin.

And you make the point that it happened because of Austin. This is another problem Vince has. He has gone the entire "Entertainment" route and is scripting every little thing. Look at Foley's recent promos and you'll know that he wasn't reading from a script. It didn't seem like a 2006 WWE promo. He had the points he had to make and did everything else himself. If Vince would let the wrestlers "be themselves" again and maybe even do their own promos, things would be better. But he doesn't and it won't be until either this happens or he stops catering to himself.

mrslackalack
07-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Yeah, the boom was already there with the nWo. Vince was eventually going to pick up on it, but it wouldn't have hit for another few months at least, and it may not have been Austin.

And you make the point that it happened because of Austin. This is another problem Vince has. He has gone the entire "Entertainment" route and is scripting every little thing. Look at Foley's recent promos and you'll know that he wasn't reading from a script. It didn't seem like a 2006 WWE promo. He had the points he had to make and did everything else himself. If Vince would let the wrestlers "be themselves" again and maybe even do their own promos, things would be better. But he doesn't and it won't be until either this happens or he stops catering to himself.

Yeah many feel if it wasnt for Austin that it would have been WCW eventually buying the WWF. In fact Bischoff in late 97 had a meeting with the talent and promised hed put them out of business in 6 months. But in 6 months the WWF scored huge with the attitude era.

Kane Knight
07-22-2006, 10:20 PM
IT wouldn't have taken much for Nitro to beat Raw so far that WCW did have the ability to buy WWF. Really, fate is an interesting creature.

Russenmafia
07-23-2006, 10:09 AM
Can anybody see another wrestling "boom" happening in the future like the Attitude era, or are all the best idea's/storylines already been used up?

Kane Knight
07-23-2006, 10:10 AM
Can anybody see another wrestling "boom" happening in the future like the Attitude era, or are all the best idea's/storylines already been used up?

You can't really "use up" storylines, but I don't see another boom happening unless a major competitor rises, and Vince will fight his hardest to make sure that doesn't happen.

Russenmafia
07-23-2006, 10:17 AM
You can't really "use up" storylines, but I don't see another boom happening unless a major competitor rises, and Vince will fight his hardest to make sure that doesn't happen.

Agreed, it was a lack of competition that made the WWE product start to suck in the first place.

On the ECW subject, give it a year or two. As long as it makes money for Vince, it will stay on the air (even though its shite)

Kane Knight
07-23-2006, 11:56 AM
The beautiful thing is, on Sci Fi, their biggest ratings draw in years was like a 1.8. Stargate and BSG. To them, even a one week spike to 3.6 is probably gold. Hell, they'd be happy with TNA ratings, I bet.

Xero
07-23-2006, 12:41 PM
You don't run out of storylines. You hire retarded/spineless writers who don't try to write (good) storylines.

Kane Knight
07-23-2006, 06:36 PM
You don't run out of storylines. You hire retarded/spineless writers who don't try to recycle (good) storylines.

Jaded-Dragon
07-23-2006, 08:41 PM
ECW is already dead to me. :(

loopydate
07-23-2006, 08:51 PM
None. Come on, she's human. Why jerk off to that when you can have 7 of nine or that vulcan chick from Enterprise?

Clearly, that's what Ariel/Desire/Shelly Martinez/the vampire tarot chick is for.

Can you imagine the ratings for Kelly Kelly: The Vampire Slayer?