PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Landis

BCWWF
07-23-2006, 07:08 PM
I didn't get to see it live, but the fact that Floyd Landis won the Tour de France today is not only extremely impressive, but I think it made for one of the most interesting Tours in a few years now.

Think about all that goes into it:

1. The top two cyclists coming into the tournament are banned for suspected doping.

2. Landis finds out that he has a faulty hip, as soon as the tour is over he could have career ending surgery, he can barely sleep at night because of all the pain

3. After getting off to a good start, swapping the yellow jersey with a few others, Landis completely falls off in a mountain stage, losing 11 minutes to the leader.

4. The next day he comes back from what seemed to be out of contention to dominate the stage and get to within three minutes of the leader.

5. Today he wins. At least on the American front, I think this has to be one of the most exciting races in a long time and it really is a shame that not more people could understand and enjoy all that went into this years race.

The Miz
07-24-2006, 12:35 PM
This has nothing to do with Landis, but my friend is in marketing and he was talking about producing Lance Armstrong Steroid Bracelets, LOL. The bands would read "Juice Strong" and the money would go to PED testing research. It was a joke obviously but would be hilarious, I'd buy 10

Joey Slugs
07-24-2006, 10:09 PM
The way Landis came back after that horrible mountain stage gets my instant vote for Moment of the Year.

Stickman
07-25-2006, 02:56 PM
I won the Tour De France with a broken fricken neck.

mrslackalack
07-25-2006, 10:16 PM
ESPNS cycling anyalist said Landis comeback win was like a soccer team coming back to win after being down 8-0 or a football team coming back down by 6 touchdowns.

The Miz
07-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Floyd Landis tests positive for high levels of testosterone
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/tdf2006/news/story?id=2531225http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/tdf2006/news/story?id=2531225 (http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/tdf2006/news/story?id=2531225http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/tdf2006/news/story?id=2531225)

Wish I could say I was surprised

Joey Slugs
07-27-2006, 11:38 AM
I take back what I said.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Who cares about guys riding bikes?

The Miz
07-27-2006, 05:47 PM
haha Lance Armstrong won again bitches

samichna
07-27-2006, 06:36 PM
USA! USA!

YOUR Hero
07-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Landis' mom says he's clean. LOL. OK, that settles that.

toxic rooster
07-28-2006, 07:08 AM
He's using the "Warnie defence".

The Miz
07-28-2006, 07:32 AM
Listen. I have never taken testosterone. Ever.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-28-2006, 11:52 AM
haha Lance Armstrong won again bitches
haha I just said that shit to piss foriengers off on TPWW

Also how come this dude gets caught and Armstrong never did? Didn't like 6 "big time" riders get caught before the Tour De France even happened this year too?

Rob
07-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Landis' mom says he's clean. LOL. OK, that settles that.

That's good enough for me. They should have that in wrestling.

DominateR
07-28-2006, 03:20 PM
haha I just said that shit to piss foriengers off on TPWW

Also how come this dude gets caught and Armstrong never did? Didn't like 6 "big time" riders get caught before the Tour De France even happened this year too?

All I can say at this point is that they haven't proven SHIT yet. Guess we'll find out in about 2 weeks time, but I don't think he'd have any reason to want to cheat.

Loose Cannon
07-28-2006, 06:00 PM
I'm here to talk about the present, not the past.

The Outlaw
07-30-2006, 10:22 PM
He says his body produces a high amount of testosterone? I dunno lol

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-30-2006, 11:45 PM
lol would suck if he was actaully telling the truth and everybody already wrote him off. I highly doubt that is the truth, but I don't know. I really don't know much testosterone lol..where's Lara Emily?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-30-2006, 11:46 PM
Actually that is hormones isn't it?

The Outlaw
08-01-2006, 03:41 PM
LOL

BCWWF
08-05-2006, 05:54 AM
The thing about Armstrong, whether or not he did actually dope, he knew how to speak. During the Tour, Landis seemed like he was always shy or didn't want to talk, and now he isn't making a good case of defense at all. That is the total opposite of Armstrong, who never gave the time of day to the doping allegations because he was so confident and prepared when he denied them. Make no doubt about it, like him or hate him, Lance Armstrong is one of the most charismatic athletes of this generation. His feats in cycling were huge, but the reason he is so big here is because he is such a strong speaker. So many cyclists are dull as a brick, and so many would have received minimal coverage even in winning the tour seven times

BCWWF
08-05-2006, 05:57 AM
The testosterone tests are clean if the ratio is something like 4:1, not sure exactly what that means, but Landis' A-sample was 11:1. Some scientists are saying that is rediculous, the New York Times claimed they did a test and found synthetic material in there, and Landis has claimed it is natural and could have been a bit higher because of alcohol and dehydration, among other things. Not making too strong of a case, but I could see this going on for a while. I really don't want to believe it, because it was such a great race and watching him and reading about him, he really doesn't seem like the guy who would be cheating. The only problem is that right now the evidence is overwhelmingly looking like he did, and he isn't finding a scientist to prove his point yet.

packt up
08-05-2006, 06:03 AM
B Test is positive. Bye bye title you fucking cheater.

BCWWF
08-05-2006, 06:08 AM
See this is where reporting on doping worldwide is bad. All I have read is the basic AP stories that come out, but shouldn't the test have to show something actually synthetic? Maybe it is inhumanly possibly to have a ratio that high, but if there is any way there is, I don't think it's fair to strip him just yet. So is that the case, it is inhumanly possible? Fuckers.

The Miz
08-05-2006, 07:05 AM
lol most charasmatic athletes of this generation. He´s not as boring as a lot of cyclists but he´s still pretty boring

Joey Slugs
08-05-2006, 01:41 PM
From SI.com

Saturday, Landis' second doping sample tested positive for higher-than-allowable levels of testosterone, and Pierre Bordry, who leads the French anti-doping council, said the samples contained synthetic testosterone, indicating that it came from an outside source.

BCWWF
08-05-2006, 02:19 PM
lol most charasmatic athletes of this generation. He´s not as boring as a lot of cyclists but he´s still pretty boring

Are you kidding? For a cyclist to be voted "Male Athlete of the Year" for as many years as he has is shocking to begin with. Even if he was clean, Floyd Landis still would not have had a shot because people don't care about cycling here. Lance Armstrong won the races and then gave people a reason to keep watching him. He has endorsements everywhere, he has had cameos in movies, and he just got done hosting the ESPY awards. Americans don't appreciate any sports held outside of the United States, and if Lance Armstrong was a meek, shy character who stuttered and never said the right things, he would have been an askterisk in the back pages of ESPN.com.

The Outlaw
08-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Didn't you people watch the ESPYs? Lance Armstrong isn't human.

He was pretty ROFL as the host.

Rob
08-06-2006, 06:15 AM
The testosterone tests are clean if the ratio is something like 4:1, not sure exactly what that means, but Landis' A-sample was 11:1. Some scientists are saying that is rediculous

Those scientists who aren't agreeing with the majority need to be tested for crack and heroin immediately.

Even 4:1 is a stretch but your body in the right circumstance can possibly produce that. 11:1? Sorry that's like saying Hulk Hogan is clean.

Drugs have been rampant through sports for years. It took years before Ben Johnson got caught. Carl Lewis, Barry Bonds, Marion Jones, Lance Armstrong, etc are all in the same boat. Not failing a test doesn't really mean you aren't on steroids. Ben Johnson was tested for years and he was always on steroids but he failed 2 tests. All it means is that you didn't fail a test.

Don Frye and Vanderlai Silva fight all the time and have admitted they do steroids.

Next thing people will be defending how you can have worrying high levels of liver enzymes one week and be back to normal a week later and not fail a steroid test. But again, that goes back to the part where not failing a test means just that you didn't fail a test and not that you are clean.

Lara Emily
08-24-2006, 05:42 AM
lol would suck if he was actaully telling the truth and everybody already wrote him off. I highly doubt that is the truth, but I don't know. I really don't know much testosterone lol..where's Lara Emily?

Yeah umm Testosterone would be the exact opposite of what I'm going to be taking