PDA

View Full Version : TV shows: The Un-explained ...or plot holes

KillerWolf
07-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Family Ties - Andrew. In one of the later seasons of the show, the mom had a new baby. The next show or season the new kid was like 6 years old, yet no one else had aged at all. I didn't even question it at the time.

Little House on the Prairie - Laura Ingles: School Marm. I used to occasionally watch this show when I was a kid. Now, I occassionally catch a glimpse of it on the Hallmark Channel. It appears that Laura grew up, got married, and became the school teacher while all of her school mates stayed as children and stayed in school. Laura became their school teacher. :wtf:

KingofOldSchool
07-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Family Matters - Judy was gone for no reason, no explaniation. They could've at least killed her off, because that would've made for a good episode and a good storyline. Also, when Aunt Rachel left and her son was still around though, there was only like 1 or 2 mentions of her after she left but no reason as to why she was no longer there.

Fresh Prince - Baby Nicky went from being a toddler to a fully walking and talking kid in between seasons.

Kane Knight
07-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Fresh Prince - Baby Nicky went from being a toddler to a fully walking and talking kid in between seasons.

I think that loses points because they were aware of this and actually pointed it out.

I don't know the little house series, but it sounds like it just followed the books, which I was forced to read in like 3rd grade or whatever. The kids were supposed to be, somewhat, analougous to her old schoolmates.

DegenerationY
07-26-2006, 04:50 PM

Didn't the mom change in between seasons too?

I think they made a running joke of both...

Gertner
07-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Married With Children: Seven disappears from the show after 15 episodes

Just watched True Hollywood Story on MWC and the writers said they decide not to explain why he left on purpose and leave it as a mystery

Fox
07-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Family Matters - Judy was gone for no reason, no explaniation. They could've at least killed her off, because that would've made for a good episode and a good storyline. Also, when Aunt Rachel left and her son was still around though, there was only like 1 or 2 mentions of her after she left but no reason as to why she was no longer there.

Doing an episode of a show called "Family Matters" where a 10 year old girl gets killed would not really fit into the genre.

Anyways, there's always the original: Chuck Cunningham. He appeared in the first season as Richie's brother, and then "went off to college" for the second season, but from then on out, the Cunningham's said they only had two children: Richie and Joanie. I guess going "off to college" really means "getting Jon Benet Ramsey'd."

That was probably in bad taste.

Xero
07-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Doing an episode of a show called "Family Matters" where a 10 year old girl gets killed would not really fit into the genre.
Jesus dude, you took that way too literally.

RoXer
07-26-2006, 10:44 PM
Um...Lost.

All of it.

Skippord
07-27-2006, 12:49 AM
Married With Children: Seven disappears from the show after 15 episodes

Just watched True Hollywood Story on MWC and the writers said they decide not to explain why he left on purpose and leave it as a mystery
I hated that kid

mitchables
07-27-2006, 10:16 PM
The Simpsons - In "Hurricane Neddy", it is alluded to that Ned Flanders is in his mid-late 30s (his parents are beatniks, meaning he was a child in the '60s-'70s, and the show was set in like 1997/8; Dr. Foster appears to have only aged by 30 years or so), but in the next season's "Viva Ned Flanders", it is established that he is in fact 60 years old, meaning that a) Dr. Foster should have aged by a much larger amount in "Hurricane Neddy", and b) his parents couldn't have been beatniks, as Flanders' new age places him being born in the '40s some time.

That right there? That's nerdy on levels you all dream about.

KingofOldSchool
07-28-2006, 09:43 AM

Just because it's a comedy, doesn't mean they can't have serious issues on the show.

I mean seriously, it's family programming and death in families is a serious issue in every day life. Yeah the shows shouldn't turn into Full House where every 5 seconds someone is crying because they miss their loved, but do it where it shows how real something like that can be.