PDA

View Full Version : Is it me, or...

darkpower
07-24-2006, 04:37 AM
Are we not talking about Triple H being the all evil, demonic backstage political machine that was all thought he was back in 03-05?

It seems that, with him starting to be more of his old self again with this DX stuff, and this humor that he's developed (along with some kick-ass promos), that we're more bowing down and worshipping him more than we were back then? And there's not that many stories about Triple H being this self-absorbed piece of shit anymore.

Is this a good omen, or are we seeing something that's bound to come to an end sooner than we would like with the "reality" biting us on the ass sooner than later?

JH
07-24-2006, 06:31 AM
i think we are seeing the real Triple H
i've heard alot of stories and alot of people say he's not as bad as people made it out to be in the first place

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
07-24-2006, 07:04 AM
I just got sick of complaining, but the main reason I don't complain anymore is that I don't hate him as much as I hate Cena, so I don't care when he takes the spotlight away from the title.

Dave Youell
07-24-2006, 07:41 AM
HHH has jobbed at 3 mania main events in a row now, that's enough for me not to hate him anymore.

Back around Mania 19, I really hated the guy, but since he's been put in programmes that don't evolve around the title, he's been quite watchable

Ben Rodrigues
07-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Face facts - the guy is going to run the company one day. He's done everything there is to do and will go down in history as one of the biggest names of all time. I think even he realises it's time to let Cena and others shine.

OverTaker
07-24-2006, 08:38 AM
I think Triple H shot past The Rock and Austin now because he keeps with it, not that I have nothing against them though. Most people will probably never get tired of Hunter now.

Kane Knight
07-24-2006, 09:07 AM
People have been like this for a while. It has nothing to do with DX, and everything to do with him not being a cocksucker.

TerranRich
07-24-2006, 09:41 AM
I agree with Dave Youell's sentiments exactly. He's put enough guys over to not be considered a dick anymore. :p

Shadow
07-24-2006, 11:49 AM
When you're not constantly burying people, you can actually start to gather a following.

Afterlife
07-24-2006, 12:01 PM
When you're not constantly burying people, you can actually start to gather a following.

Words of mother lovin' wisdom right there. :y:

CSL
07-24-2006, 12:08 PM
<font color=white>Triple H has always kicked ass. It just took some time for the Uber-Smarks to get used to it.</font>

Splaya
07-24-2006, 12:28 PM

How does this work with Hogan though?

CSL
07-24-2006, 12:35 PM

<font color=white>He was the big cheese before the Worldwide Smark Epidemic came to fruition</font>

Kane Knight
07-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Triple H has always kicked ass. It just took some time for the Uber-Smarks to get used to it.

Wow. It's too bad that Triple H was a huge favorite BEFORE he started hanging onto the belt like it was glued to him, otherwise, that would sound like an intelligent thing to say. I mean, it's a shame it's not, and really, ignores the essence of "über-smarks" having a problem with Trips (Or the fact that ratings went down when he was on TV, but those must be those bad apples everyone was talking about) and goes into "bitchy little anti-smark" territory.

A shame. So much potential for intelligence in that post.

Sickboy
07-24-2006, 01:53 PM
It's actually true that I don't dislike Triple H nearly as much nowadays as I did just awhile ago. Now that he's not in the Heavyweight title picture at the moment, he's much more bearable. It's weird though that I used to be fan of him, around 99-01, and now I can't really stand him.

Kane Knight
07-24-2006, 02:46 PM
It's just too bad DX is so passé. Attitude, Redux, ain't dong so hot.

McLegend
07-24-2006, 03:58 PM
Seeing HHH in DX is a breath of fresh air

Shadow
07-26-2006, 12:56 AM

Here's the difference. HHH actually has some entertainment value left in him while Hogan has run out of his Hair Club For Men membership pack.

HHH =not boring

Hogan= :z

The Show Off
07-26-2006, 01:49 AM
Here's the reason people don't bitch about him anymore...

Triple H > John Cena

Corkscrewed
07-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Reasons for HHH's Resurgent Popularity (not necessarily in order):

1. Hasn't held the Title for like two years now.
2. Jobbed 3 Wrestlemanias in a row
3. Doesn't seem to politick as much these days
4. John Cena
5. Still an entertaining wrestler