PDA

View Full Version : Some informal Smackdown spoilers

Blitz
07-26-2006, 12:28 AM
I'm writing these from memory, so bear with me....Some live observations from Section 108, Row 18, seat 1:

Dark matches:
-Ryan Wilson beat Funaki-Wilson was briefly in TNA as one of the red shirt security guards. He's got a Nathan Jones look going on. He's doing a crazy gimmick. Can't remember the finish, sorry.

-Jamie Noble beat Zumaku (or something to that effect)-Zumaku was straight out of early 90's WWE. He was doing a masked martial artist gimmick. Nice spot when Zumaku hung Noble on the ropes, went outside, and did a jumping sliding dropkick across the apron. Noble won with the Guillotine Chpke.

Smackdown (THis is gonna be out of order)
-Ken Kennedy beat Batista via countout. Both men were out of the ring, but Kennedy punched Batista and slid in to beat the count. Batista tried to bomb Kennedy again, but Ken escaped.

-Sylvan beat Tatanka via low blow. I missed this entire match getting food.

-Sylvestre Terkay debuted against Matt Hardy (!). Terkay had Elijah Burke with him as a mouthpiece. Much to this forum's chagrin, no doubt, Terkay is doing a MMA gimmick, lots of holds, lots of ground and pound. Terkay won with an Eastern Stretch.

-King Booker had a coronation ceremony, complete with ballons, throne, et al.
Mysterio interrupted and beat up Booker for a bit.

-Finlay beat Regal after a low blow from the Leperchaun. Post match, Finlay slapped the Leperchaun five. Fnlay was very over with the crowd, even getting a strong "Finlay" chant.

-Brief Chavo interview on the tron. Said he wasn't in Detroit, and that he didn't need to explain himself to anyone.

-Diva musical chairs: came down to JT and Rebecca. JT won. After, Rebecca picked up the last chair and went after JT with it. Miz had to get between them. Damn funny.

MAin event: King Booker beat Rey Mysterio. Rey was going for the West Coast Pop, Chavo came through the audience and threw him into the barrier. Booker hit a Scissors kick and won.

They did the change to ECW in ten minutes flat. Incredible.

-I marked out when Punk said "The wait is over". Then he said he'd debut next week. I was sad.

-God help me, I'm a mark for The Vampire.

-Post ECW, Khali's music hit. He and Show were menacing Kane, and Taker came out. Taker and Kane beat Show and Khali after Khali walked out on Show. Double Chokeslam won it. Khali didn't get in the ring once.

-I fucking hate the Detroit border. :foc:

Blitz
07-26-2006, 12:31 AM
-Vito beat Simon Dean by putting Simon's head under his dress and putting on a hammerlock or something.

RGWhat316
07-26-2006, 12:40 AM
Hey man, u were in my section. I was in 108, but closer with row 5, seat 15.

These are pretty much the same spoilers I remeber. But I believe the order went: Kennedy/Batista,
Vito/Simon Dean
Sylvan/Tatanka
Michelle beating Jillian
Chavo's interview
Booker/Rey segment
US Title Match
Diva Search
Sylvester/Hardy
World Title

It was a fun show, and I had great seats. Batista's pyro about blew my ears off my head. Rey was hugely over, definitely the biggest pops of the night. The only thing I didnt like was all the damn rematches from GAB. But since I saw it live, I can't complain too much.

Blitz
07-26-2006, 12:42 AM
Wouldn't trade my seats. They were fucking tremendous :cool:

And yeah, forgot the women's match. Best part was Ashley standing on the apron for 5 minutes thinking it was a tag match.

RGWhat316
07-26-2006, 12:45 AM
One of the friends I went with is a huge CM Punk fan, even took a sign, and was really pissed that Punk wouldn't be there tonight. I was a little disappointed that Angle would be there next week, and not tonight.

One other interesting note, I saw Sandman and Theodore long outside the building before the show. Sandman just showed up out of nowhere and took pics with a few fans, while Long signed a couple autographs.

Skippord
07-26-2006, 12:49 AM
I am also a mark for the Vampire

Blitz
07-26-2006, 12:53 AM
Also, Carl DeMarco was sitting in the next section for the ECW show.

Blitz
07-26-2006, 12:53 AM
One other interesting note, I saw Sandman and Theodore long outside the building before the show. Sandman just showed up out of nowhere and took pics with a few fans, while Long signed a couple autographs.
How many times did Joe Louis Security try to shoo you away?

Blitz
07-26-2006, 12:55 AM
I was also a big mark for Zumaku. As soon as he came out to that generic Japanese music.... :love:

LOL, just read that it was Kidman.

ddpBANG
07-26-2006, 04:27 AM
Wasn't Ryan Wilson known as Trytan for a while in TNA?

ddpBANG
07-26-2006, 04:29 AM
Why do I ask questions when I can get the answer myself?

Ryan Wilson was Trytan for anybody that cares. Nobody?

St. Jimmy
07-26-2006, 11:20 AM
I am also a mark for the Vampire

mrslackalack
07-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Poor Hardy.

RGWhat316
07-26-2006, 02:29 PM
How many times did Joe Louis Security try to shoo you away?
Long had a security guy near him. But Sandman just appeared out of nowhere with no security with him. I got a picture of him walking, but didnt get to him quick enough to get a pic with him. Since I was at the top of the steps at the entrance when he walked by.

Interestingly, I figured out how WM tickets sell out so quick. Because most of them are gone before they go on sale. I got an order form last night that has to be sent in by August 11, and your tickets will be reserved. And as many as 8 tickets can be ordered at a time. But only 4 at a time for ringside.

Savio
07-26-2006, 07:20 PM
wtf con hardy?

The Naitch
07-26-2006, 08:58 PM
If Inno was here he'd tell you that CM Punk will be debuting at the Hammerstein Ballroom. And he'd jizz after pressing Post Quick Rreply

Innovator
07-26-2006, 10:03 PM
gotta stay on topic Naitch...cmon meow

DominateR
07-27-2006, 03:39 PM
-I fucking hate the Detroit border. :foc:

Well I guess we know someone who wont be at WM 23.

Oh, and BTW, Detroit and all the rest of Michigan fucking hates you too, so, uh, yeah, good riddance, and don't ever come back to Michigan especially Detroit, if you hate it so much!

James Steele
07-27-2006, 03:41 PM
theANIMAL is a cocksucker

James Steele
07-27-2006, 03:41 PM
RANDOM McMAHONISM PROPAGANDA

Blitz
07-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Well I guess we know someone who wont be at WM 23.

Oh, and BTW, Detroit and all the rest of Michigan fucking hates you too, so, uh, yeah, good riddance, and don't ever come back to Michigan especially Detroit, if you hate it so much!
Believe me, I wouldn't come back if I didn't have to.

DominateR
07-27-2006, 05:15 PM
theANIMAL is a cocksucker

...As opposed to you, who as we all know, is a cock LOVER...

Blitz
07-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Good comeback.

James Steele
07-27-2006, 07:04 PM
...As opposed to you, who as we all know, is a cock LOVER...

Dude, I am so openly weeping over here. Really...