PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex - Invisible War

CREDO
02-07-2004, 07:32 AM
OMG :eek:

this has to be the best game ever.. real time shadows, proper physics (as in when you throw something is will bounce and roll correctly all the time throwing the right shadows on the ground etc) the rag doll propeties of dead bodies is just awesome *throws bodies down stairs over and over*

Just go out and get a copy all you high end gamers.. NOW!

warning minimum specs are rather high. So you will need a GOOD vid card to run it nicely.
I have a P4 2.4 ghz intel MB with 800mhz FSB, 1.00 GB of ram, G-Force 4 Ti 4200 with 128mb of ram 8X AGP video card and I can only run it smoothly on 800 X 600.

I have to look into that a bit to get it running better.

http://www.mx2.co.uk/acatalog/PC419_ss1.jpg

http://www.allrpg.com/games/deusex2/images/10.jpg
check the enviroments shadows.. all in real time :drool:

The Destroyer
02-07-2004, 11:04 AM
I'd call that "insanely high" rather than "rather high". :p

But hey, complicated physics engines do tend to guzzle resources. A game I only ever dream of being able to run. :(

CREDO
02-07-2004, 12:23 PM
I updated my BIOS (just cause there was an update, nothing to do with the game :D )

I updated my video card drivers.. they where a tad out of date, and upgraded the game with the latest patch to bring it to v1.1 and it runs sweet now on 1024 X 768 with fully cranked detail and all.

Oooo its pretty, so pretty.

Ninti the Mad
02-07-2004, 12:55 PM
You should try Max Payne 2. :drool:

LoDownM
02-07-2004, 04:48 PM
You should try Max Payne 2. :drool:

Best Bullet Time Game Ever. The only game that can even stand up to Max Payne 2, is Max Payne 1.

Ninti the Mad
02-07-2004, 06:34 PM
And that's not really saying much.

2 is WAY BETTER than 1 will ever be.

Buzzkill
02-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Me and credo have the exact same specs :love:

But anywayssss its an awesome game, just really really complicated (all the items you can get, upgrading your guy with different skills, the different choices you make etc...)

CREDO
02-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Oh i see it as a welcome change to all the doom style games like Halo redfaction 2 etc where all you really have to do is solve puzzles to open doors and kill things.

LoDownM
02-08-2004, 02:43 AM
And that's not really saying much.

2 is WAY BETTER than 1 will ever be.

Well, when you compar mp1 to mp2, yes. But almost every other game were you get to slow time to your advantage. Sucks. IE: Enter the Matrix.

KleptoKlown
02-08-2004, 03:02 AM
max payne 1 had a way better story to it though...i mean, the one dreams that he had with his wife screaming and the baby cradle actually gave me chills...never has a game done that before.

MP2 was better for game play though.

As far as dues ex goes, i'e heard nothing but good things about that game, i'll need a better video card first though :(

LoDownM
02-08-2004, 03:57 AM
Yeah, the dreams were his wife would be crying, and the baby screaming in 1 really freaked me out the first time through it.

Kane Knight
02-08-2004, 01:07 PM
*Jerks off to graphics*

I mean, who cares about the quality of the game, as long as the physics are real...

CREDO
02-09-2004, 12:11 AM
Did you even read where I said it was a welcome change to games where you just open doors and kill stuff?

The actual game play is brilliant. You play it how you want to, help who you want to. work for the company, work for the religious group or just work for yourself. the gameplay is completly open to whatever you want to do.

Kane Knight
02-09-2004, 12:22 AM
Did you even read where I said it was a welcome change to games where you just open doors and kill stuff?

Yup. And that told me everything I needed to know.

It's not like it could have meant it was PONG 2000, Pac-Man, or the newest Pokémon game for all I knew...

Because a welcome change is such a specific statement that one would be expected to know EXACTLY what it is and how it's changed.

The only thing that amazes me is that you could so succintly put the marvels of the gameplay in two words, yet needed paragraphs and two pictures to wank over the graphics. Your knack for words fail you, or what?

Purgatory
02-09-2004, 01:19 PM
YES!!!!!!! I absolutely love the 'Ragdoll physics' that this game uses. I have a demo for it on the XBox and it is amazing. Throwing a body against a rail and watching it bend and flop over it gave me a sick sense of 'HOly Shit, that was awesome. I wonder if real people bounce like that.....':shifty:

Anyways, Half Life 2 is supposed to have the same type of physics as well. Another must have, unless it doesn't hit the consoles. A few other games that have these physics are Freestyle Metal X (all consoles), Max Payne 2, and Backyard Wrestling (howeverm I don't think the games good enough to even bother trying out :-/ )

LoDownM
02-09-2004, 03:55 PM
Max Payne 2 is ****ing awesome. You should play it.

Buzzkill
02-09-2004, 07:44 PM
YES!!!!!!! I absolutely love the 'Ragdoll physics' that this game uses. I have a demo for it on the XBox and it is amazing. Throwing a body against a rail and watching it bend and flop over it gave me a sick sense of 'HOly Shit, that was awesome. I wonder if real people bounce like that.....':shifty:

Anyways, Half Life 2 is supposed to have the same type of physics as well. Another must have, unless it doesn't hit the consoles. A few other games that have these physics are Freestyle Metal X (all consoles), Max Payne 2, and Backyard Wrestling (howeverm I don't think the games good enough to even bother trying out :-/ )

UT2003 was really the first game to use it well. Hitman 2 was the first to use it but they sucked and the corpses bent in ways the human body cannot possibly bend

Purgatory
02-10-2004, 01:15 PM
UT2003 was really the first game to use it well. Hitman 2 was the first to use it but they sucked and the corpses bent in ways the human body cannot possibly bend

UT2003 uses it, too? LOL, I have that one....or at least one of the Unreal Tourney ones....it may even be the 2002 one. My PC sucks ass, so I can't play many of the games I have. I depend soley on my XBox for gaming needs now.

LoDownM
02-10-2004, 07:42 PM
I must say, IW is pretty sweet, after playing it.

Buzzkill
02-10-2004, 11:50 PM
UT2003 uses it, too? LOL, I have that one....or at least one of the Unreal Tourney ones....it may even be the 2002 one. My PC sucks ass, so I can't play many of the games I have. I depend soley on my XBox for gaming needs now.
The first UT didnt use it, just 2003

LoDownM
02-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Wait, wtf. How does he have that many ammo clips in that first pic.

Anyway, beat this game already. Took 7 hours. Short game, but cool as hell.