PDA

View Full Version : Where will they be by Wrestlemania 23?

redoneja
07-31-2006, 11:07 PM
As I just finished watching Umaga defeat HBK on Raw, I began to wonder where exactly they are going with Umaga's push. It also got me thinking about other younger talent that is beginning to be pushed. Just out of curiosity, where do you think the following talent will be come Wrestlemania?

Umaga
Carlito
Mr Kennedy
CM Punk
Spirit Squad
ECW(as a brand)
Sylvester Terkay(sp?)
Lashley

Feel free to add others if you'd like.

NeanderCarl
07-31-2006, 11:26 PM
where do you think the following talent will be come Wrestlemania?

Let NeanderCarl look into his crystal ball.....

Umaga
Umaga will have received several top-line shots at the championship, coming up short each time. By WrestleMania, he will be back in the mid-card, maybe challenging The Undertaker?

Carlito
Carlito will have reclaimed the I-C championship, but will not ascend to the big title by WM23. He may have received his first PPV main event shot at it by then, however, albeit unsuccesful.

Mr Kennedy
Kennedy will be near the top of the card. I don't see him in the main event, but he could well be the defending champion or challenger in a US title match.

CM Punk
Unless ECW introduces a secondary title, like the TV title, I don't see Punk in any championship situations. I doubt he will be on the WM card, unless it is in some kind of clusterfuck or battle royal match.

Spirit Squad
They will be long gone. The majority of the team will be lost in the opening match shuffle by then, and therefore not be on the WM card. One or two of the cheerleaders may be breakout stars, remaining as a tag team or feuding with each other.

ECW(as a brand)
Will be in more or less the same position as now. Nipping at SmackDown's heel for the No. 2 brand bragging rites but it will still be WWECW, Heyman will still have limited or zero input, and WWE's own stars will be the headliners for the most part. I think they will have a showing at WM (maybe 2 matches, one of which would be for the title, the other of which could be some kind of "Extreme rules" clusterfuck showcase)

Sylvester Terkay(sp?)
From what I've seen, this guy is going to be about as over as Dan Severn and Steve Blackman. May even be gone by WM. The only chance he stands is if his cornerman Elijah Burke can get himself over, letting Terkay benefit from the rub.

Lashley
Lashley vs Batista at WM?? It's possible.

The One
07-31-2006, 11:27 PM
Umaga - Fighting Undertaker
Carlito - Jobbing on HeAT
Mr Kennedy - Beating Carlito on HeAT
CM Punk - Passed out in a back alley with a couple needles in his arm
Spirit Squad - Fighting DX
ECW(as a brand) - On Sci-Fi
Sylvester Terkay(sp?) - He didn't make it past Thanksgiving :nono:

OverTaker
07-31-2006, 11:32 PM
Umaga - Biggest Heel On Raw
Carlito - No 1 Contender for WWE Champion
Mr Kennedy - Where did he go?
CM Punk - Passed out in a back alley with a couple needles in his arm (I like that)
Spirit Squad - Fired
ECW(as a brand) - Still beating the hell outta Smackdown
Sylvester Terkay(sp?) - He didn't make it past Thanksgiving <-------

Skippord
08-01-2006, 01:06 AM
Umaga - Jobbed out or in the midcard
Carlito - Near The Main Event
Mr Kennedy - See Carlito
CM Punk - Major Player in ECW
Spirit Squad - Kenny:IC Champion Mikey - Smackdown Dunno Mitch - See Mikey Johnny - Teaming with Nickey Nickey - Teaming with Johnny
ECW(as a brand) - #2 brand
Sylvester Terkay(sp?) - US title scene
Lashley - World title contender

FourFifty
08-01-2006, 02:50 AM
Spoiler warning... not that I care.

St. Jimmy
08-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Umaga: Again, most over heel on Raw (Estrada). Monster. Main-Event with no luck as to winning the belt.

Carlito: Already had a Main Event WWE title shot at NYR. Definatly could be pushed to a card with Edge.

Mr Kennedy: After a lengthy US Title reign, he goes to Raw. Gets a really good run at the WWE Title. Possible fued with Trips?

CM Punk: ECW's Money in the Bank. Most hated heel on Television.

Spirit Squad: Who? Exactly. They won't exist.

ECW(as a brand): With the Exceptions of Test and CM Punk, the brand will flounder in and out of obsecurity.

Sylvester Terkay(sp?): Mid Card?

Lashley: B-Lesner. Smackdown's monster. Lashley v.s. Batista for the World Title by 23 would work.

Mr. Nerfect
08-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Umaga
I see him sidelined by WrestleMania, undergoing repackaging. He may be involved in some kind of Battle Royal on the pre-show (possibly winning). I hope to God they don't go with Umaga vs. The Boogeyman at WrestleMania.

Carlito
Two capitalised words. Money in the Bank. He is still a virgin to the Ladder Match, and people were anxious to see him in it this year. He will be ready to break-out as a major babyface next year, and being in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match will help him with that.

Mr Kennedy
I see him involved in WrestleMania in some kind of upper mid-card position. Possibly a match with Rey Mysterio? Participating in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match isn't a stretch, but I don't know if it's his kind of match. I can see him defending the United States Championship, or just being Champion at the time. All he really needs is a segment to himself. Stick him on the show with The Rock, in a segment which is just them exchanging words, and it will do wonders for Kennedy. I can actually see them getting away with having Kennedy participate in a non-wrestling role.

CM Punk
He may make a non-wrestling appearance on the PPV. If John Cena isn't in the main event (which I think he will be), we may see John Cena vs. CM Punk (with Punk doing the clean job, of course), but that is only in the best case scenario for Punk. If they extend the Money in the Bank Ladder Match to ECW, CM Punk is the obvious candidate to participate. I think the most likely option is participating on the pre-show Battle Royal. Another candidate for the winner of that particular match.

The Spirit Squad
Ken Doane will be in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. Either that or facing The Undertaker (assuming they are ready to job him, which is unlikely). I'm fairly certain it will be Carlito vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Ken Doane in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match; with Matt Hardy, Chavo Guerrero and maybe Johnny Jeter (who will likely go to SmackDown!) participating. Nick Nemeth will likely stick around, but only featured in the Battle Royal. Nick Mitchell will be a Battle Royaler (if that), Mike Mondo may be involved with the cruiserweights, or some kind of tag match, but Battle Royal fodder seems most likely.

ECW
It will still be around. A few of their bigger stars (like Test, Mike Knox, Rob Van Dam, Big Show, Sabu and Kurt Angle will do appearances on the PPV). Test and Mike Knox probably in the Battle Royal (eliminating each other, starting a feud). RVD, Sabu and CM Punk as ECW representatives in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. Kurt Angle who will be commented on later.

Sylvester Terkay
I'm calling it now. Kurt Angle vs. Sly Terkay at WrestleMania 23. It's either that or Kurt Angle vs. Bobby Lashley. I think it all depends on whether or not Angle is a face or a heel. I'm fairly certain this will begin a Sylvester Terkay vs. Elijah Burke feud on SmackDown!, so Angle can get one more WrestleMania win.

So judging by all this, here is my predicted WrestleMania card thus far:

SmackDown! vs. ECW Match
Sylvester Terkay w/ Elijah Burke vs. Kurt Angle

WWE United States Championship
Ken Kennedy vs. Rey Mysterio

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Carlito vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Ken Doane vs. Matt Hardy vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Johnny Jeter vs. CM Punk vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Sabu

Battle Royal
Umaga vs. Nick Nemeth vs. Nick Mitchell vs. Mike Mondo vs. Test vs. Mike Knox

OverTaker
08-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Umaga
I see him sidelined by WrestleMania, undergoing repackaging. He may be involved in some kind of Battle Royal on the pre-show (possibly winning). I hope to God they don't go with Umaga vs. The Boogeyman at WrestleMania.

Hope not, they should have The Undertaker put Boogeyman Over since people fear him too. Kane should be involved. He should try to help Undertaker which would keep Kane a face and Boogeyman can go heel for a while. Umage should face Kahli.

NeanderCarl
08-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Okay, in response to Alienoid's post (even though it's kind of off-topic) here is my predicted WrestleMania 23 card, so far.

Hulk Hogan vs Big Show, Great Khali, Steve Austin or John Cena ( I know that's a lot of "possibilities" but I would go on record and say DEFINITELY one of those four. Definitely.)

SD MAIN EVENT: Lashley vs Batista (if Lesnar doesn't return; if he does Lesnar vs Batista)
RAW MAIN EVENT: Edge vs HHH
Undertaker vs Umaga

Out on a limb: Randy Savage vs Rick Steamboat II

The One
08-02-2006, 01:05 AM
The only one of those Hogan matches I would want is Steve Austin, because I believe Austin just wouldn't do it unless he won.

Skippord
08-02-2006, 03:06 AM
I want to see Hogan Vs Cena...who would job

Dave Youell
08-02-2006, 06:42 AM
I'll tell you this much, Mania 23 will me MAKE OR BREAK FOR THE WWE!

Afterlife
08-02-2006, 06:54 AM
Agreed; 23 will definitely need to pull out every stop imagineable. It's gonna be a must-see, simply to satisfy one's curiosity.