PDA

View Full Version : Foley officially owns Flair

Rob
08-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Flair said it himself last night - "everyone knows I've overstayed my welcome".

After all the complaining, he got to mention all the old timers and he got to do the bumps and dances last night and Foley just owned him. Absolutely carried that interview. At one point I was actually debating who was the better promo between Flair and Melina because Foley was so far out of his league it wasn't funny.

Flair needs to hang it up fast. His time has long come and gone. It's getting embarrassing now.

Goulet
08-01-2006, 11:39 AM
agreed... although he seems to bring the best out of Foley promo wise.

Splaya
08-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Whow whoa whoa, I don't know. I thought Flair was just a tad bit better than Foley, not anyone owning anyone. I have never in a million years liked Ric Flair.

I hated him in WCW

When he first came to WWE, I hated him in his feud with Vince.

I began to warm up to him in Evolution, but thats pretty much when the wrestling world began to fall in love with Tista and Orton.

Now, I'm liking Flair because of his promos. I'll admit it's time for Flair to hang it up.

But for you guys to say Foley owned Flair is rediculous.

Nark Order
08-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Flair pulled a Warrior last night. Neither I or my friends knew what the hell he was saying. The days of the godly Flair promos are dead. Ric is getting senile. Time to hang it up, Nature Boy.

Optimus Bone 69
08-01-2006, 12:04 PM
if only foley was ten years younger, foley truley is GOD!
YEAH:y:

Rob
08-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Flair was past it in 1996. Now that's sad.

KingofOldSchool
08-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Yeah...I'm sad to admit that and I'm one of Flair's biggest supporters. Last night made me cringe during Flair's promo. I wish someone really did invent a transportation/time machine so we could summon 1988 Ric Flair here, pronto.

road doggy dogg
08-01-2006, 12:13 PM
link.,

Kane Knight
08-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Flair's been shit on the mic for a while now. It's good to see some of you sad fucks are actually admitting it, but the disbelief will continue.

Rob
08-01-2006, 01:27 PM
It doesn't help when Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez (and I like both of them) cry every single time something involving Ric Flair doesn't go to the way they like.

Kane Knight
08-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Oh? I haven't read anything by them on Flair.

But then again, if it's Meltz, it's God's law. If he decided not to like Angle, the internet community in its entirety would turn on our Olympic Hero.

I'm not bashing him, mind. Just saying. He can't help his following being so widespread (and often retarded) or anything.

Rob
08-01-2006, 02:46 PM
It's not like they go mental praising them but they are both huge Flair marks.

I used to be. Then I realised old men can't cut it. And how he is just pissing on his own legacy.

Anybody Thrilla
08-01-2006, 04:32 PM
The last time I truly enjoyed Flair was his feud with Savage. Since then, I've given less than a fuck about him. He used to be kinda funny, now he's retarded, and yes, Foley did indeed own him last night.

Destor
08-01-2006, 05:26 PM
It pains me to say this, really it does, his promo last night was disgraceful. The incoherent ramblings he made were only fit to a bad Roddy Piper promo.

Blitz
08-01-2006, 05:30 PM
LOL Piper.

The promos he did in TNA were borderline schizophrenic.

Skippord
08-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Flair pulled a Warrior last night. Neither I or my friends knew what the hell he was saying. The days of the godly Flair promos are dead. Ric is getting senile. Time to hang it up, Nature Boy.

Johnny Vegas
08-01-2006, 05:54 PM
I agree with Splaya. Flair didn't own Foley and vice versa. Both of them had me thinking it was a shoot.

The One
08-01-2006, 09:43 PM
...this is the one and only time I will say this in my life...and it honestly pains me in my gut to say it...

Flair, it's time to go.

On a side note, Foley's promo last night was one of the best promos I have heard in years.

loopydate
08-01-2006, 09:46 PM
It's a pity that Foley doesn't want (nor is he in shape for) a full-time return. He's still one of the best (if not the best) promos in the business, and he can make you believe anything.

Destor
08-01-2006, 09:46 PM
^^^ Yeah I know, that was a huge low last night.

Destor
08-01-2006, 09:47 PM
That was to The One by the way. :mad:

Kane Knight
08-01-2006, 09:57 PM
It's a pity that Foley doesn't want (nor is he in shape for) a full-time return. He's still one of the best (if not the best) promos in the business, and he can make you believe anything.

It's a shame, because he actually might be the greatest current, and he's past his prime, not interested in a real return...In other words, the best is RETIRED.

Savio
08-01-2006, 10:01 PM
I totally forgot what flair said.

loopydate
08-01-2006, 10:05 PM
That's okay. So did Flair.

Mr. Nerfect
08-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Haven't watched RAW for the last two weeks, but I must say, Foley > Flair in this feud. Foley has held my interest and has served balls to Flair that he just can't return.

Ric Flair has needed to hang it up for a while. I've always been for the guy becomming Shelton Benjamin's manager, or something like that. Send him to SmackDown! and stick him with Chavo Guerrero.

Speaking of managers, I think Mick Foley would make a pretty sweet manager. The guy can pour emotion out like no one else, plus he is an instant heat magnet. He should be playing the face in this feud with Flair. Stick him with Johnny Nitro and Melina, and let the threesome make money. They still don't have a GM for RAW, so I wouldn't be against Mick taking over that role, especially if it leads to Edge & Christian-like segments with some younger talent.

For some reason, I can see Foley as the manager of Johnny Nitro, Lance Cade and Shelton Benjamin. I have no clue why, but that would be a pretty nice stable (with Melina in there of course).

Blitz
08-01-2006, 10:48 PM
I love the idea of Foley as a heel Raw GM.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
08-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Flair was hilarious. Whether he meant to be, or not.

Kane Knight
08-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Sadly, it was unintentional. the only thing Flair had going for him was the train wreck effect.

Afterlife
08-04-2006, 05:45 AM
When Foley made the 'bad father' comment and Flair got in his face, it was weird. When Foley started backing up, saying "I"m sorry, that was too far -- that was too far, Ric, I'm sorry!" I was thinking, "Wait...how much of this is real?" I'm still not 100% sure of what's real and what's scripted. It's always been hard for me to tell between these two. But I have come to a world-stopping realization: Ric Flair is to Wrestling what Jim Ross is to Commentating. His metaphors are more scrambled than J. W. Gacy's eggs; his responses to accusations are mindless and with little to no coherence; and, for the most part...he can't do his job.

It's really unfair for me to be saying this, as I've never been able to stand the man, so I'll sum up with this: Flair...get out.

Kane Knight
08-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Well, they did say he was a personal friend of Bush, maybe he's been getting language lessons from him too.

"Don't you think it's ironic?"
"I think you're ironic!"

Afterlife
08-04-2006, 03:41 PM
"Take that back! Your mother is not an I-ron!"