PDA

View Full Version : I went to an HWA show tonight

Anybody Thrilla
08-02-2006, 01:39 AM
Hardly anybody there, but it was kind of fun.

Is there anything anybody would like to know about my experience? I'm assuming not, but I'm bored and I've got some answers. :y:

The Fugitive
08-02-2006, 01:42 AM
Who was at the show? Any names we might know?

weather vane
08-02-2006, 01:46 AM
Give a review.

Anybody Thrilla
08-02-2006, 01:52 AM
Ummm....Cody Hawk...Pepper Parks...those were the only two names I had heard before. There was a tag team called The Irish Airbourne, and they were sick nasty.

It was a TV taping for their show Adrenaline. I guess it's on TV in a lot of places, but I don't get it where I am...which is strange, considering it's like fifteen minutes away from me. The only match that really stood out in my mind was the main event. A tag match between The Irish Airbourne and...ummm, fuck, forgot the other team's name. Maybe Mayhem?

Also, there was this guy named Gotti. I yelled out that he looked like Maven, and he gave some body language where it seemed like he agreed with me. I know that sounds weird, but it was funny.

Also, there was this guy managing this guy. He brought a 12 pack of beer to the ring. He was trying to rally the crowd behind his wrestler and I was like "Hey, gimme one of those beers and I'll cheer for your guy!" and he's like "All right!". He gave me a beer, and it was sweet.

McLegend
08-02-2006, 01:54 AM
Did you cheer for the guy he was managing then?

Anybody Thrilla
08-02-2006, 01:55 AM
Of course. I am a man of my word.

Anybody Thrilla
08-02-2006, 01:57 AM
Oh, and there was this masked guy who was dancing like Michael Jackson on the way to the ring. He was trying to make nice with all the little boys in the crowd. Pretty funny. He got demolished by a guy named Chris Carnage or something who had a midget named Cricket as his manager.

www.hwaonline.com if you want pictures of these people.

McLegend
08-02-2006, 01:59 AM
So what made Irish Airbourne team sick nasty?

Anybody Thrilla
08-02-2006, 02:03 AM
Maybe it was just the fact that a lot of the matches were total botchfests, and they hit mostly everything. Their match seemed like it made the most sense, and they had a lot of high spots. There was this one spot (if you can picture this) where one of the guys took the opponent in a slingshot position. He slingshots the opponent towards the ropes (where is parter is standing on the apron), and his partner catches the guy with a forearm. However, the slingshotter doesn't let go of the hold, and the opponent falls back onto the guys knees and is held there. From there, the partner on the apron springboards into the ring and comes crashing down on the opponent with a "whoopee coushin". It was sick nasty, you see.

McLegend
08-02-2006, 02:06 AM
I have seen the spot down before. I saw it on Impact back in January in sick 6 man match.

It is a good spot indeed.