PDA

View Full Version : ECW ON SCI FI NEEDS TO BE IN THE HAMMERSTEIN BALLROOM EVERY WEEK

D Mac
08-02-2006, 02:19 AM
I mean seriously, the crowd at that place makes it feel like the old E C Dub. Anywhere else it feels like Velocity or some shit. It's like night and day in terms of fan reaction.

HaTeR
08-02-2006, 02:24 AM
boob

Destor
08-02-2006, 02:27 AM
Yeah, I agree, boob.

SammyG
08-02-2006, 02:27 AM
I laughed so hard at the YOU BOTH SUCK chant, I agree, It would be sweet to have it in the Hammerstein Ballroom every week.

D Mac
08-02-2006, 02:28 AM
boob

http://www.americanheartbreak.com/movabletype/archives/janet%20boob-thumb.jpg

D Mac
08-02-2006, 02:28 AM
Yeah, I agree, boob.
:foc:

Destor
08-02-2006, 02:32 AM
Seriously though I think it could help. Maybe not the Hammerstein Ballroom, but ECW stomping grounds. At least until they established ECW so they can tour and have their guys over nationally.

D Mac
08-02-2006, 02:34 AM
Also because I mark the fuck out whenever Sandman comes out and that crowd makes me mark out even more whereas other places it's usually pretty quiet.

Joey Slugs
08-02-2006, 02:36 AM
Vince will never do it.

As long as they have WWE guys on the show, the crowd will make them look bad. It's not good business.

Fucking sucks, but it won't fly.

FourFifty
08-02-2006, 05:15 AM
I was trying to explain to a few friends why the location of a card is a big deal. I think FL and SoCali has huge reactions for Hogan (since Hogan is from Tampa, but was billed as Hollywood and Venice Beach), NC will pop for Shelton and Flair, Texas goes wild for HBK and SCSA, Memphis still loves The King, MSG will always sell out and have a great reaction, while ECW gets their best pops in their region.
Tonight was the best case and point. "You Both Suck" was great.

Afterlife
08-02-2006, 06:39 AM
I think ticket sales might be a major factor as to why the show is not stationary. And with the ballroom not selling out this time, it's even more emphatic of a point.

Gray
08-02-2006, 09:11 AM
http://www.americanheartbreak.com/movabletype/archives/janet%20boob-thumb.jpg

When did Michael turn into a woman?! Plastic Surgery has gone too far this time... -.-

Stickman
08-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Who got the "YOU BOTH SUCK" chant?

Corkscrewed
08-02-2006, 12:24 PM
anyone have last night's show up for download?

loopydate
08-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Who got the "YOU BOTH SUCK" chant?

Batista and Big Show

Kane Knight
08-02-2006, 03:07 PM
The beautiful thing is last night could have sucked ass, but the crowd was so into it, it would have still been brilliant.

Xero
08-02-2006, 03:22 PM
I think they should take the absolute minimum-needed TV supplies to their house shows, like 5 cameras (2 for the back and 3 for the arena), lighting and a few writers, and tape the programming there.

Hell, they have so many lined up, they could just pick random ones and tape at this point until the current schedule gets overridden with a day to hold the taping.

ThruTheWire
08-02-2006, 03:30 PM
I think ticket sales might be a major factor as to why the show is not stationary. And with the ballroom not selling out this time, it's even more emphatic of a point.

Except that.... It did sell-out.

Da Cool Guy
08-02-2006, 03:33 PM
The beautiful thing is last night could have sucked ass, but the crowd was so into it, it would have still been brilliant.
but it didnt suck, so it dosnt matter. I mean, Batista vs Big Show!? How much cooler can it possibly get!?!?!?!

jindrak
08-02-2006, 03:40 PM
I was at the show last night. Sat first balcony with two signs.
-Prom King
-RVD+Sabu are the REAL Highlanders

Anyone catch that on TV?

Just being there, I could tell there was an influence of "WWE" fans that probably never watched ECW from 1993-2001. Also, I noticed more children present at the show. They seemed out of place, and mostly all marked out when Batista showed. Luckily, the crowd around me were obnoxious, ruthless fans...so I got to hear some funny stuff.

Kane Knight
08-02-2006, 03:43 PM
but it didnt suck, so it dosnt matter. I mean, Batista vs Big Show!? How much cooler can it possibly get!?!?!?!

Okay, who's the sock?

Blitz
08-02-2006, 03:47 PM
anyone have last night's show up for download?
http://tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48968

Arnold HamNegger
08-02-2006, 04:36 PM
Also, I noticed more children present at the show. They seemed out of place, and mostly all marked out when Batista showed.

They should have thrown the kids in the ring like toilet paper at the start of the Batista match.

"Fuck your fan base!" *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap*

Afterlife
08-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Except that.... It did sell-out.

My bad. I guess I spent too much time reading information and stuff.

Xero
08-02-2006, 05:53 PM
I heard it wasn't sold out. I heard tickets were still on sale at the box office.

Pinnacle Charisma
08-03-2006, 02:08 AM
Okay, who's the sock?

I fear that most new posters on here are socks (takerlover, steve the pirate, korinkan, that guy who always says bullshit )

St. Jimmy
08-03-2006, 02:24 AM
Bullshit.

Skippord
08-03-2006, 02:35 AM
Okay, who's the sock?
I bet its ICE COLD BLOOD

SammyG
08-03-2006, 03:51 AM
ROFL. U gotta love TPWW. And posters like TakerLover, and Ice Cold Blood. They woulda made a killer tag team.

Afterlife
08-03-2006, 06:01 AM
I heard it wasn't sold out. I heard tickets were still on sale at the box office.

Exactly. That's why I said it wasn't sold-out.

'Cause it wasn't.

Ben Rodrigues
08-03-2006, 08:50 AM
Man if that TakerLover never got banned I would have formed an alliance with him - joined his Ministry, became his right hand man - and then turned on him and taken control of the Ministry...

Yes... :shifty:

owenbrown
08-03-2006, 10:12 AM
They should have thrown the kids in the ring like toilet paper at the start of the Batista match.

"Fuck your fan base!" *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap*

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Arnold HamNegger again. :lol:

Rammsteinmad
08-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Speaking of kids at ECW, anyone see that young kid (I'd guess about 8 or 9) who got beer sprayed over him last week by the Sandman... Seriously... it is not an ECW event when you have little kids there.

Kane Knight
08-03-2006, 12:39 PM
They've WWE'd it, so parents think it's a family show.

It still has the ECW name, so fans will assume it's ECW, especially at Hammerstein.

What an odd result, yeh?

Xero
08-03-2006, 02:26 PM
You know what I want to see? I want to see them go to the Hammerstein or the ECW Arena for a taping and have the fans for the duration of a match like Batista/Big Show just turn their backs to the ring. You know how shaken up that would get them? Every fan looking away from the ring and Tazz and Styles hyping how much the fans have been waiting for the match...

Ben Rodrigues
08-03-2006, 06:38 PM
You know what I want to see? I want to see them go to the Hammerstein or the ECW Arena for a taping and have the fans for the duration of a match like Batista/Big Show just turn their backs to the ring. You know how shaken up that would get them? Every fan looking away from the ring and Tazz and Styles hyping how much the fans have been waiting for the match...

Or they could walk out?

Xero
08-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Or they could walk out?
Yeah, but it's more likely people would turn around than leave.

Kane Knight
08-03-2006, 08:22 PM
IT'd also be cooler Xero's way.

Afterlife
08-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Hence the term, "Xero Cool".

Schoenauer
08-03-2006, 11:30 PM
But wouldn't walking out of the arena, throwing Batista/Show merchandise in the ring be a bigger insult?

Afterlife
08-03-2006, 11:34 PM
Walking out implies you don't care. Staying there and intentionally not watching the match allows the bad vibes to sink in; let's them know you don't approve, and that you're putting effort into ignoring them.

Fox
08-03-2006, 11:39 PM
I really think that the chants were enough. Turning your backs on them is implying that you aren't even going to give them a chance, which is just stupid when you paid to see the show.

Chanting "You both suck," "Boring," and "Same old shit" is letting them know exactly what they're doing wrong. During the "same old shit" chants, what did Big Show and Batista do? Did they improvise and make the match more entertaining with more actual wrestling moves? No. They fucking continued to clothesline each other into infinity.

Chances are, Vince will never bring ECW to the Hammerstein again.

They hurt Batista's feelers.

Vastardikai
08-04-2006, 03:20 AM
^

The chants were ignorant, to be truthful. Show busting out an Emerald Fusion was a WTF moment. In essence, the fans actually shat on a match that really wasn't bad.

Give that match a different vibe, and that would have been viewed as a classic match.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-04-2006, 04:31 AM
^

The chants were ignorant, to be truthful. Show busting out an Emerald Fusion was a WTF moment. In essence, the fans actually shat on a match that really wasn't bad.

Give that match a different vibe, and that would have been viewed as a classic match.

A. That wasn't an Emerald Fusion. That was a Schwein/Air Raid Crash.

B. Classic? No.

C. The fans weren't being ignorant. They don't want to see straight up WWE guys. Show can be tolerated because he'll be over as a heel. But putting him up against Batista is essentially having two heels duke it out, and the fans will get behind neither person. It's bad booking.

Afterlife
08-04-2006, 05:29 AM
Yes, it was dick-like of the fans not to respect the guys enough to give them a chance. But at the same time, they were there for ECW, not Smackdown. As much as I respect Vas, I have to agree more with WWKD on this one; with the exception of Sabu's run-in, the match, tho adequate in execution, was terrible in planning. I mean, just the fact that it was a championship match that was not Extreme Rules is enough to irritate even the casual fan.

Oh, and just to nit pick, it was not an Air Raid Siren, it was a Kryptonite Krunch. The same thing Finlay uses as a finisher.

Kane Knight
08-04-2006, 10:14 AM
I really think that the chants were enough. Turning your backs on them is implying that you aren't even going to give them a chance, which is just stupid when you paid to see the show.

Yeah, because shitting on the match carte blanche is totally different from not giving it a chance.

That crowd never gave it a chance whatsoever. You can argue semantics, but you have to be stupid if you think there was any chance they were actually giving the match a shot.

Xero
08-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Exactly. It seems that "ECW Fans" (some true, some not) will not accept anything with a WWE wrestler in it. Hell, I noticed Angle getting some (not a lot, but enough) heat there, so if he can't get a proper pop from ECW fans, no one can.

I'm just glad they don't yell "THIS IS AWESOME" at every fucking thing. Fuck I hope they don't run a TV taping in Florida.