PDA

View Full Version : My memory may be fading me but...

Stickman
08-03-2006, 04:53 PM
wasn't the WWF only on TV for an hour or so a week? The reason I ask is everybody says, TNA, ECW and whatever else NEEDS two hours. They need it to get over talent, they need it to have more than one championship belt. Well, if in the past they only had 1 hour a week to work with I'm sure they could work with it again.

If they've always had more than one hour, then I guess my argument holds no water.

FourFifty
08-03-2006, 04:58 PM
At least two hours a week.
It had the Satuday Morning show (Superstars) before Raw started. I don't recall of Monday Night Raw started off as an hour or not. I believe it was at least two hours before Superstars went off the air.
So if I'm right, no, your argument holds no water, and to that I say...

Q&A Forum next time.

Xero
08-03-2006, 05:10 PM
The WWF, since RAW started (which was originally 1 hour), has always had at least 2 hours over multiple shows.

WCW, once Nitro started, had at least 3, maybe 4, with Worldwide, Saturday Night and Nitro.

It really just depends on the size of the roster. TNA and ECW need more than one hour because they have such a big roster and not everyone is utilized as they should be.

Near the end of WCW, they were doing like 6 hours a week when Nitro went to 3 hours. I forget, did Thunder ever go 3 hours?

JH
08-03-2006, 05:20 PM
near the end of wcw they had nitro for 3 hours,thunder for 2 hours and saturday night for 2 hours but they cut the saturday night show and had worldwide on syndication i think and it was 1 hour

Hanso Amore
08-03-2006, 08:58 PM
yeah WCW has 3 nitro (too fucking long a show though) 2 thunder, 2 saturday night, 1 worldwide and another 1 hour show also that was a recap.

I miss the days of their saturday morning show, Flair defended the title in early 96 every weekend to people like Bobby Walker and Craig Pittman!

I think that is why WCW had so much crap. They had literally 10 hours of TV to fill a week, and you can only strecth your stories so much, after awhile im sure they just thought, hell, you two, go run out there and fill some time...

the WWE used to only have 1 hour (superstars) and SNME once inawhile, and the were HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think abiout it, the less wrestling that makes to ito tv, the less crap filler we get.

Kane Knight
08-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Do I even need to go into how wrestling is a different animal now? I mean, as silly as this dounds, does anyone need to be told that things have changes, and maybe that's why an hour doesn't seem to be sufficient?

Of course, maybe I'm just thinking outside the box. Or maybe I'm thinking at all.

Hey, remember when you couldn't do a move from the turnbuckle? WASSUPWIDAT?

McLegend
08-03-2006, 09:53 PM
TNA needs Two hours becasue they build for PPVS every month. When Raw first started WWE didnt do PPVs every month so there was no need for a two hour show.

ECW doesnt even have enough people for two hours, and even if they did they still wouldn't need for two hours.

Kane Knight
08-03-2006, 09:55 PM
ECW could easily run for 2 hours, but without a regular PPV schedule, and an indepdenent roster (IE One not perpetually overshadowed by the Raw/Smackdown FotW), it seems pointless.