PDA

View Full Version : What will their legacy be?

Stickman
08-08-2006, 12:25 PM
In light of the Foley/Flair feud I'm wondering what their legacy will be.

Foley changed the face of wrestling and brought in a hardcore style.

As for Flair I know a lot of you will say the greatest of all time, horsemen, 16 time, blah blah blah. I honestly think most people will remember Flair for very little. He's way past his prime and a lot of people werent' around during his prime. Foley changed wrestling, Flair didn't do much. I know I'll take flack for that, but think about it..

As for other wrestlers, what will their legacy be:

Hogan- Obvious
Hart
Austin
Rock
HHH
HBK

What Would Kevin Do?
08-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Nice topic.

Hogan- Obvious

Hart- I hate to say it, but Montreal.

Austin- Making wrestling "popular" again.

Rock- "Same as Austin, but to a lesser extent. Both Austin and the Rock left before they should of, but this is true WAY more for the rock.

HHH- Marrying Stephanie... No matter what he does, that will be what he's remembered for.

HBK: Changed the face of the WWE. Arguably the most charasmatic, and before his time wrestler the WWE has ever had.

Foley : HIAC

Kane Knight
08-08-2006, 01:21 PM
People will remember Flair for his latter day run, like Hogan. They will likely go down as a shadow of what their legacy should be, because people aren't as prone to remember 20 year old matches unless they're already hardcore fans.

I agree with Hart and Montreal. This, again, will overshadow pretty much everything in his career.

I think the Rock will be remembered for leaving WWE and making movies.

Austin: For turning the biz on its ear.

HHH: I'm not even sure anymore. If DX is his last hurrah, as some have suggested, then most likely that.

HBK: His bald spot.

No, seriously, he'll likely be remembered , again, for DX or something similar, instead of his ladder match days and the like. Which is too bad, since sans DX he's been on fire since his return.

Just John
08-08-2006, 01:46 PM
HBK will be remebered for alot, I'm not saying that because I like him, but because if you look at all the main points in WWE history, he's something to do with it; Montreal, D-X, nWo (that kinda counts), first HITC, first Ladder match, first elim. chamber,

As much as we hate hogan, he did put WWE and professional wrestling on the map

HHH will just be remembered, you know the guys who didnt do anything particularly groundbreaking, but they were always just there, I think HHH, The Rock and SCSA were the face of the attitude era (when it was in full swing)

Foley is like WWEs stuntman, Jeff hardy characters just kinda blow over, but he'll be remembered as WWEs 'hardcore legend' if you will. In a way, I think rightly so, if anyone was gonna land face down on thumbtacks, it was him.

Bret will be remembered as a 'wrestlers wrestler', the iron man match with HBK and montreal.

James Steele
08-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Hogan- Making wrestling a global sensation
Hart- Montreal
Austin- Attitude Era
Rock- First wrestler to be truly successful in movies
HHH- his 1999 to early 2001 era
HBK- Montreal

St. Jimmy
08-08-2006, 05:57 PM
Hogan- Old Age.
Hart - Whining.
Austin - No Show.
Rock - Quit Too Soon.
HHH - Best Bussinessman in WWE History.
HBK - Whining.

Kane Knight
08-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Nobody's gonna remember Austin for walking out.

Xero
08-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Considering that most fans wouldn't have even known about it.

Austin will be remembered for the Attitude Era.

St. Jimmy
08-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Nobody's gonna remember Austin for walking out.

I was assuming we were talking Smarkwise. Since casual fans could give shit less about a wrestlers legacy anyhow.

Vocal Ass Chic
08-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Hogan- doing the nwo
Hart - for his brother :'( :'( :'(
Austin - being the best when it was wwf
Rock - being in movies
HHH - dx
HBK - for screwing brett :mad:

Vastardikai
08-09-2006, 02:34 AM
Hogan-<strike>Standing on the Shoulders of Billy Graham, Jerry Lawler and the Freebirds</strike> taking Wrestling to Mainstream in the '80s.
Hart- Montreal, Sadly.
Austin- Beers, Middle Fingers, and Stunners.
Rock- Movies and the People's Elbow
HHH- think a Well Known Peter Gabriel Song (Not "Big Time," not "Shock the Monkey"), which had an ICONIC video. and the Pedigree
HBK- His emotion that he brought to matches, and the matches themselves.

FourFifty
08-09-2006, 03:14 AM
Hogan- As much as it pains me to say this they'll remember him as the man who made wrestling, and not as the man who held down so many people in the past.
Hart- The tragedy that followed his life.
Austin- 3:16
Rock- He'll be the first one of these people to be forgotten
HHH- He won't be rememberd for what he did in the ring. His legacy will be as the next owner of WWE
HBK- People will either recall his awesome matches, or call him a whiny bitch.
Foley- The most charasmatic stuntman ever.

Skippord
08-09-2006, 03:35 AM
Hogan - For Marks: Andre For Smarks: Dickhead Politician
Hart - Montreal
Austin - Attitude era
Rock - Movies and Catchphrases
HHH - 10 title reigns
HBK - Amazing matches and Montreal
Foley - Willing to do anything to put someone over

Pinnacle Charisma
08-09-2006, 04:14 AM
Austin - For being the savoir of wrestling (the wwf was going bankrapt before him and the wcw was always going to go downhill)

HBK and Bret Hart - For showing you dont have to big and wrestle a the old big man style to be a popular maineventer. And Montreal as well for the both of them.

HHH - He will be known for marrying the boss's daughter and his back stage bitching afterwards

The Rock - His amazing charisma

Petethegeekstreet
08-09-2006, 04:58 AM
I wil try to stick to what the masses will perceive them as, might be tough not to bash them:

Hogan- The man made Wrestling or the man who killed it and created sports entertainment from its bones. Depending on who you ask.

Hart- Motreal. Not enough people watching the WWE at the time for him to be remembered for anthing else.

Austin- Beer, middle fingers, 3:16.

Rock- Movies I would imagine. What did he really do other be fed to Austin during the peak of the Attitude era? (In my opinoin The Rock hurt the attitude era mor ethan he helped it but that is for another time.)

HHH- Dx will be his most notable moments. But 10+ world champ will go a long way.

HBK- Tie between The Rockers and Monteal.

Foley- Hell In The Cell

Flair- Woo

Xerzes
08-10-2006, 12:10 AM
HHH- think a Well Known Peter Gabriel Song (Not "Big Time," not "Shock the Monkey"), which had an ICONIC video. and the Pedigree.

In the Air Tonight?

McLegend
08-10-2006, 12:12 AM
In the Air tonight is not Peter Gabriel. :rant:

He's talking about Sledgehammer

St. Jimmy
08-10-2006, 12:14 AM
In the Air Tonight?

PHIL COLLINS! :foc:

BigDaddyCool
08-10-2006, 12:34 AM
What about Kevin Nash? Now I know what you all are going to say, Nash doesn't have a legacy, or it will be for his quad. But let me remind you of six little letters nWo on WCW.

BigDaddyCool
08-10-2006, 12:34 AM
Oh, and nWo was all Nash. Hall and Hogan were his back up.

Kane Knight
08-10-2006, 12:37 AM
I was assuming we were talking Smarkwise. Since casual fans could give shit less about a wrestlers legacy anyhow.

The legacy is what they are remembered for. Hogan's legacy, prior to shitting on it, was his remebrance by everyone and their mother as being synonymous with the WWF.

St. Jimmy
08-10-2006, 01:46 AM
What about Kevin Nash? Now I know what you all are going to say, Nash doesn't have a legacy, or it will be for his quad. But let me remind you of six little letters nWo on WCW.

BDC, I :love: you and all... but are you okay? =/ You should post in casual when you're high.

Vastardikai
08-10-2006, 03:59 AM
PHIL COLLINS! :foc:

Oddly enough, that's actually a forgiveable sin, considering they BOTH used to be frontmen for Genesis.

That being said, ICONIC VIDEO and Phil Collins don't go together. Ever. So the Hatred is justified.