PDA

View Full Version : Help

Stickman
08-08-2006, 12:56 PM
I bought Tony Hawk's American Wasteland for XBOX and I need help. Yeah, I'm right at the beggining of the story mode and I can't do like the second or third move. I feel stupid but seriously what the fuck. It's called the manual and it says to do the move "up arrow + down arrow" Now I'm not video game stupid, but I hit up then down, hit up and down, yet nothign fucking happens. How do I do this?

RoXer
08-08-2006, 01:08 PM
jump and press up down. When you land, you go into a manual.

RoXer
08-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Actually, I dunno I haven't play wasteland. But thats how it was in 2, 3, 4, Thug, and Thug 2 though. But still...

Stickman
08-08-2006, 01:51 PM
I'll give that a shot when I get home. I can't believe I didn't think to jump first. Mind you, I figured it'd say "jump first"

Just John
08-08-2006, 02:30 PM
I think you can actually do it while rolling too.

OssMan
08-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Yeah you do a manual on the ground if you didn't know

Stickman
08-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Yeah you do a manual on the ground if you didn't know

Then why the fuck can't I do it?

G
08-08-2006, 06:18 PM
I could do it just fine on the ground :-\

so i dunno

Xero
08-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Try using the joy stick. Press up then pull back smoothly. It should work, try to vary the speed.

Stickman
08-10-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm getting really pissed off now. I spent half an hour trying to do it yesterday with your suggestions and it's not fucking working. I tried jumping, did it while rolling, pushed forward and back on the joystick and pad, fast and slow, when from running, yet nothing worked. I've never been so pissed off at a game before.

Stickman
08-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Spent another 45 minutes on this fucking move and i'm having zero luck. I'm going to lose my mind.

Dorkchop
08-11-2006, 12:48 PM
have you tried quickly pressing up, then down, then up, then down, and so forth? If you're having problems doing it by pressing just up, then down, press them quickly a whole bunch of times.

When I do manuals, I hold the jump button and do them while I'm rolling. Well I normally hold the jump button in the game anyway.

Stickman
08-11-2006, 01:08 PM
have you tried quickly pressing up, then down, then up, then down, and so forth? If you're having problems doing it by pressing just up, then down, press them quickly a whole bunch of times.

When I do manuals, I hold the jump button and do them while I'm rolling. Well I normally hold the jump button in the game anyway.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Mabye my settings are fucked because the back arrow is the brakes, so I'd assume hitting the brakes would cause me to stop. I'll try your way though.

Dorkchop
08-11-2006, 02:55 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Mabye my settings are fucked because the back arrow is the brakes, so I'd assume hitting the brakes would cause me to stop. I'll try your way though.

have you changed the control settings at all? If you have, set them to default and try doing the manual.

If you're rolling, just pushing "down" once won't cause you to stop... it will only slow you a little. If you hold "down", then you will stop.

When doing the standard manual, or any manual for that matter, you don't need to hold the last button you pushed in order to do the manual and keep it going (In your case, it would be "down"). You han hold "left" or "right" if you need to turn or spin. With rotations and grabs, or rotating grabs, you have to hold either or both buttons to continue the move.

I don't know, but maybe your problem is that you're pressing "up" and "down" for too long or not quickly enough and the game isn't picking up on that. Tony Hawk is a very fast game and you have to press things super quickly.

Doing a manual should be as easy as 'just rolling, and quickly pressing "up" then "down".'

RoXer
08-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Jump

While in air, press up and then down

when you land, you will be in a manual

RoXer
08-11-2006, 03:27 PM
I swear to god, if you dont get it, you are retarded.