PDA

View Full Version : Oh, it's on Brother!

SammyG
08-09-2006, 03:43 PM
It's on
By Craig Tello
August 9, 2006

In an exclusive interview with WWE.com, when asked if he’d be at SummerSlam (http://www.wwe.com/shows/summerslam/), a very serious Hulk Hogan (http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/hulkhogan/) said: “F*** yeah.”
Not only did Hogan promise that he would be present at SummerSlam to collide with his nemesis, Randy Orton (http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/randyorton/), the Hulkster also said he will be live on RAW (http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/) this Monday to prove that Hulkamania is still alive and ready to run wild all over the Legend Killer on Aug. 20.
“I’m not doing it for me; I’m doing it for all the Hulkamaniacs,” said an intense Hogan. “I’ve got a bad knee, and I’ve been really concerned about hurting it more. I’ve got a lot going on in my family right now…but I realize what’s important to me and that’s answering the bell once again in my career,” he explained.
As reported by WWE.com last Friday, the Hulkster suffered a partially torn meniscus in his right knee. As a result of this painful injury, it was unknown whether or not it would prevent the WWE Hall of Famer from competing against Orton in less than two weeks at SummerSlam.
Since learning of the injury, Randy Orton has claimed that Hogan isn’t really hurt, calling into question the Hulkster’s integrity. Just this past Monday on RAW, Orton said that Hogan doesn’t want to meet him at SummerSlam because “he’s afraid his legend will be killed forever.” (Read more of Orton’s comments (http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/itoldyouso))

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>DisplayAd("LargeBody");</SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://amch.questionmarket.com/adsc/d248720/6/250155/randm.js"></SCRIPT>“Randy Orton wants this to be all about him,” said the Hall of Famer in response to the Legend Killer’s insolent comments. “I’m ticked off that Orton has disrespected my family, disrespected the business and disrespected WWE fans – but this is bigger than that. This is about standing up for what Hulkamania’s always believed in,” Hogan exclaimed, seemingly Hulking up over the phone.

According to Hogan, he is starting to regain mobility in his knee but it is still very stiff. The Immortal One said that his meniscus tear “hurts like hell,” but he’s overcome injury many times before in his famed career and has prevailed.
“A lot of people don’t know this,” he explained, “but when I won the WWE Championship (http://www.wwe.com/inside/titlehistory/wwechampionship/) at Madison Square Garden against the Iron Sheik, I blew out my knee during the match. [That night], I sucked it up and went on to win the title.”
In response to the Legend Killer’s claims, Hogan will return this Monday when RAW emanates from Charlottesville, Va. Six days later, he will defend both the honor of his family and the legacy of his own namesake at SummerSlam.
“I’m going to show up in Boston, which has always been a hotbed of Hulkamania, brother. [At SummerSlam], I’m going to walk to the ring with my red and yellow, stand in that ring, and I’m going to kick Randy Orton’s ass.”

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/hoganconfirmed

KingofOldSchool
08-09-2006, 04:37 PM
I guess Hogan realizes Brooke's music career will fail, so he needs that extra payday to recoup his losses.

Londoner
08-09-2006, 05:15 PM
I'm not ordering summerslam anyway, so I don't really care. I hope Hogan injures himself for good so he doesn't return AGAIN.

Afterlife
08-09-2006, 05:25 PM
Damn it; I was really hoping this crap was off.

Corkscrewed
08-09-2006, 06:22 PM
“Randy Orton wants this to be all about him,” said the Hall of Famer
Ironic, ain't it?

James Steele
08-09-2006, 06:46 PM
I hate both these pricks, but hopefully somebody with talent will run in and destroy them both.

James Steele
08-09-2006, 06:46 PM
I dunno who though...

James Steele
08-09-2006, 06:47 PM
maybe

James Steele
08-09-2006, 06:47 PM
CHRIS FUCKING JERICHO

KingofOldSchool
08-09-2006, 07:05 PM
C.M. FUCKING PUNK

Esoteric
08-09-2006, 07:10 PM
It sounds as if the knee injury is an excuse for Hogan to lose to Randy Orton, so Hogan can still say that Orton could not beat him when he is healthy.

Anybody Thrilla
08-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Even if that's the case, it's still better than Orton losing.

KingofOldSchool
08-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Or is a reason to bury Orton by saying "Orton can't beat an 85 year old man with two bad legs that has only three moves, two of those require leg movement."

Ben Rodrigues
08-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Bleh... as if Hogan's going to blow his undefeated Summerslam streak to a future company cornerstone.

Anybody Thrilla
08-09-2006, 07:26 PM
I wonder if he'd job to Umaga.

Esoteric
08-09-2006, 07:33 PM
I wonder if he'd job to Umaga.
Nah he proably kick out of the Samoan Spike give him the big boot and leg drop than stick an American Flag through his chest......or Umaga would just tip him over during the big boot.

The One
08-09-2006, 10:05 PM
WWE: Hogan we want you to do the Job, it would get our Young talent Orton over in a huge way!

Hogan: Knee Injury!

WWE: ...You don't have to job.

F*** yeah.

Caged Heat18
08-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Theirs no way this will be a good match, and the only good thing that could come out of it is Hogan giving the rub to Orton. But that will not happen. This way Hogan can beat Orton destroying his rep as the legend killer, and looking better than all the other legends Orton "killed" because he beat the legend killer. Got to love Hulk.

Xero
08-09-2006, 10:26 PM
Hogan through the years...

1980's: Say your prayers, take your vitamins

1990's: It's fun to be in gangs!

2000's: YO NIGGA! I'M A WHINY OLD BASTARD WHO DOESN'T WANT TO JOB! FUCK YEAH!

The One
08-09-2006, 10:28 PM
So basically, if Randy Orton doesn't beat Hogan at SummerSlam the pecking order of who can beat who will look like this...

Legends < Randy Orton < Hulk Hogan < Hulk Hogan's NEW couch.

It's sad that in 20 plus years in the business the only thing Hogan has ever put over was the thing he puts his ass on.

Caged Heat18
08-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Hulk Hogan vs. Hulk Hogan's NEW Couch...sign me up.

Shadow
08-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Hulk Hogan vs. Hulk Hogan's NEW Couch...sign me up.

Wrestlemania match right there.

St. Jimmy
08-09-2006, 11:01 PM
:'(

Mr. Nerfect
08-10-2006, 12:40 AM
Fuck no! The only good thing that will come out of this match is the laughable performance Hogan gives. Seriously, I never want to see that man again.

I'm hoping he's just saying he will be at Summerslam so he looks like a heroic babyface, but he's "taken out" by Orton on RAW. That way Hogan looks good for wanting to face Orton, and Randy looks like a heel pussy. Unfortunately we'll probably get a shit match at Summerslam.

mike627
08-10-2006, 12:47 AM
Fuck no! The only good thing that will come out of this match is the laughable performance Hogan gives. Seriously, I never want to see that man again.

I'm hoping he's just saying he will be at Summerslam so he looks like a heroic babyface, but he's "taken out" by Orton on RAW. That way Hogan looks good for wanting to face Orton, and Randy looks like a heel pussy. Unfortunately we'll probably get a shit match at Summerslam. Vince told "old man" Hogan that he was goin to do the job to Randy Orton and he came up with the injury Orton goes over and looks weak in the process.:nono:

Skippord
08-10-2006, 12:49 AM
I hate both these pricks, but hopefully somebody with talent will run in and destroy them both.
CHRIS FUCKING BENOIT

FourFifty
08-10-2006, 01:27 AM
Gold FUCKING ust!
See, I can be a trend whore too.

Blitz
08-10-2006, 02:21 AM
I would mark out if Orton no sold the big boot/legdrop, and put Hogan in a figure 4 or something.

SammyG
08-10-2006, 03:27 AM
Haha, that would be the best thing ever.

darkpower
08-10-2006, 03:52 AM
As much as I hate to admit it, Orton has been impressing me somewhat lately, and maybe he could carry Hulk to a decent match.

Then again, I may have too much faith in Orton, too.

Vastardikai
08-10-2006, 03:55 AM
Honestly, I don't think Orton could have gotten a worse scenario than facing Hogan anyway.

Let's say he wins. He's the big Legend Killer, he goes to a push, it falls flat (I have yet to see, from the experience of witnessing Orton, where him falling flat has NOT occurred.), then they go back into panic mode. They look for another Legend... problem: There's no Legend Bigger than Hogan in Mainstream American eyes. Everything else pales in comparison. Besides, going over Hogan is a guaranteed Kiss of Death (ask Warrior, Ultimate; Luger, Lex; er, Sting; Goldberg, Bill;). Most of the people who have gone over Hogan in his career has suffered from the outcome in the long run. Only notable exceptions are Andre and Sting, but that's because both were big names beforehand.

It's actually in his best interest to LOSE this match, and stay in the midcard for like 3 years to prove he DESERVES the hype he gets.

As far as Vastardikai is concerned: GO ORTON! (the only time you'll hear me say that, I'm sure.)

darkpower
08-10-2006, 04:12 AM
Honestly, I don't think Orton could have gotten a worse scenario than facing Hogan anyway.

Let's say he wins. He's the big Legend Killer, he goes to a push, it falls flat (I have yet to see, from the experience of witnessing Orton, where him falling flat has NOT occurred.), then they go back into panic mode. They look for another Legend... problem: There's no Legend Bigger than Hogan in Mainstream American eyes. Everything else pales in comparison. Besides, going over Hogan is a guaranteed Kiss of Death (ask Warrior, Ultimate; Luger, Lex; er, Sting; Goldberg, Bill;). Most of the people who have gone over Hogan in his career has suffered from the outcome in the long run. Only notable exceptions are Andre and Sting, but that's because both were big names beforehand.

It's actually in his best interest to LOSE this match, and stay in the midcard for like 3 years to prove he DESERVES the hype he gets.

As far as Vastardikai is concerned: GO ORTON! (the only time you'll hear me say that, I'm sure.)

Here's what I think they'll do here:

Have Orton beat Hogan, but cheat to do it (it wouldn't be clean). Next night, he brags, which gets HHH out there without Shawn (they write him off somewhat so he can nurse that shoulder he's been whining about), him saying that he respected Hogan, and Orton should know better than to disrespect one of HHH's icons, which gets both Orton and HHH into a verbal argument. They end up fighting, and leads to a match at Unforgiven, which Orton cheats to win once more. They then continue the Orton/HHH feud up until Survivor Series (they were planning the Orton/HHH program, that is why he is back on RAW), where they have a gimmick match, and Orton ends up winning that, then brags that he's killed every legend and done it all, but then we find out that he has some unfinished business, ON SMACKDOWN, against the one legend it was proven that he could not kill, THE UNDERTAKER!! Orton then gets put BACK on SmackDown, where they continue that feud all the way up until Wrestlemania, where the Undertaker challenges Orton to the only match that Orton would be scared of: A CASKET MATCH!! Orton accepts, and, at Mania, during Taker's key match, and with his unbeaten streak on the line, Orton is the one to finally put an end to it when he stuffs Taker into the casket, solidifying himself at the TRUE legend killer.

WOW!! I kind of did something the WWE could only dream of doing: PLAN FAR ENOUGH AHEAD!!

Vastardikai
08-10-2006, 04:22 AM
^

One problem with that.

On Legend Totem pole, Hogan is on top of the totem pole. The fans won't buy Orton beating Hogan, then going after a smaller "Legend". It'd be a more "Oh, no, this AGAIN?" thing. If Orton can be a huge star after beating Hogan, he's earned it. If Orton falls flat, it's going to be Randy pushing the verge of Lex Luger.

Corkscrewed
08-10-2006, 03:24 PM
they can if they set it up for Taker's streak to end.

Fox
08-10-2006, 03:34 PM

This match just shouldn't be happening at all.

Though you make some valid points, three of those careers that went down the drain were during Hogan's run in WCW, when he had ultimate control of all storylines. This is WWE, and thankfully, that is not the case (now he just pretends to be injured until he gets his fucking way).

Nothing good can come out of this match if you ask me. Orton is a three move wrestler at best. You're going to see about a thousand punches, uppercuts and clotheslines at SummerSlam, without any good spots to freshen things up.

If Orton wins, good for him, but he still has nowhere to go. I suppose he could go into a feud with John Cena for the WWE Title, but as far as his "Legend Killer" gimmick is concerned, it'd be finished. Hogan is the legend of legends.

If he loses, it accomplishes nothing, much like Orton's loss to Undertaker at WrestleMania 21. UT didn't gain anything from it (except maybe his best WM match in years), and neither did Orton. This is the same case, because Hogan is not a wrestler in need of a big win, and if he goes over, it won't mean anything to him.

Like I said, it would have been better if this match just didn't happen.

DominateR
08-10-2006, 06:16 PM
The only thing I ask is that this match not be the Main Event spot like Hogan vs. HBK was last year over the WWE & World Heavyweight Championship matches. It would do nothing but piss everyone off even more than the fact that this match is already going to happen.

Mr. Nerfect
08-10-2006, 11:26 PM
What I think will/should happen:

Next Week on RAW:

*Hulk Hogan marches to the ring*

HOGAN: Listen, brother, nothing can keep me down, brother. The couch tried to destroy Hulkamania, but it was made in Taiwan, brother, like a certain Yokozuna that once tried to stop me, brother...

CROWD: *Pops*

ANYONE NOT RETARDED: Yokozuna was meant to be Japanese. :|

HOGAN: Now I'm going to destroy that communist bastard Randy Orton, brother. He went on absence without official leave, dude. He hates America. I passed Hulkamania onto Edge, but I've only now just realised that he's Canadian, and my show is in its second season and my daughter wants a music career, dude...

*Randy Orton runs out and hits Hogan in the knee with a crowbar*

HOGAN: That was my knee, Mene Gene!

*Randy Orton RKOs Hogan as JR has fits at the announce table*

VINCE McMAHON: Seeing as Hogan agreed to the match at Summerslam, he will have to show up and face Orton. If he doesn't the winner, via forfeit, will be Randy Orton.

*Vince McMahon pulls his pants down and shows his ass to the camera*

VINCE McMAHON: I will destroy DX with a lethal dose of poison!

At Summerslam:

*Randy Orton makes his way to the ring early on for his match against Hogan*

ORTON: Come on, cheer on Hogan, he's not going to be here...

CROWD: Hogan! Hogan! Hogan!

ORTON: You're...

*Hulk Hogan makes his way to the ring with a red, white and blue knee brace on his leg*

HOGAN: Nothing's going to stop me from destroying you, brother!

*Shelton Benjamin runs out and hits Hogan in the knee with a crowbar again.*

*Nick Patrick begins a ten count.*

LILIAN GARCIA: And the winner...as the result of a sub...forfeit is......RANDY ORTON!

The next night Vince McMahon announces that Randy Orton and Shelton Benjamin will be his knights in the war against DX.

Hey, the last bit would be awesome.

Xero
08-10-2006, 11:28 PM
What I think will/should happen:

Next Week on RAW:

*Hulk Hogan marches to the ring, falls, breaks his hip, and cries.*

Vastardikai
08-11-2006, 03:32 AM
If Orton wins, good for him, but he still has nowhere to go. I suppose he could go into a feud with John Cena for the WWE Title, but as far as his "Legend Killer" gimmick is concerned, it'd be finished. Hogan is the legend of legends.

The problem with him feuding with Cena is simple. Randy has always had the "Legend Killer" bit as a fall-back Crutch when his Mega-pushes have fallen flat. When the problems occur (Crowd "Boos" Cena, Crowd goes "eh" for Orton), then the nighmare scenario for his career happens.

Thus why the Legend Killer gimmick is good for a short-term push, but never for a long-term way to get someone over. It's also a problem for Undefeated Streaks, but that's another issue for another day.

Mr. Nerfect
08-12-2006, 08:48 AM
I still think that Randy Orton should feud with DX after Summerslam. Stick him in a tag team (of sorts) with Shelton Benjamin. Give them Armando Alejandro Estrada as a manager. I guess that means Umaga has to be in, but oh well. It only makes sense that Vince McMahon gets the guys that can beat the guys who comprise DX into some kind of "Anti-X" stable.

I must say, Xero Limit's idea on how to deal with Hogan is brilliant.

DominateR
08-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Hey, if anyone wants to place bets that Hogan/Orton WON'T be the main event I'll take that bet...just be prepared to lose some serious dough (as WWE stands to do probably, with about 1/2 or 2/3 of the viewing audience figuring the same thing I am, they will probably not even bother tuning in.)