PDA

View Full Version : ECW finally ebuts in Canada tonight. What have I missed?

Dorkchop
08-11-2006, 11:37 AM
I know the gist of things. Mordecai is a vampire, Punk debuted and the crowd collectively had an orgasm over him (Saw the match), Show's been dominating WWE guys, Test is back and ripped, and Sandman is hitting guys with canes.

What else have I forgotten? Storyline (If there's been any) what have I missed.

loopydate
08-11-2006, 12:33 PM
The main story right now is that Paul Heyman is calling himself the Messiah of ECW. He turned on RVD to help Big Show win the title, and now he's at war with Tommy Dreamer and Sandman. Heyman's goons include Test and Mike Knox as well as two guys in riot gear (it's the Bashams, but shhhh, don't tell anyone).

Mike Knox's girlfriend Kelly Kelly (yes, that's her name) is an exhibitionist. It's amusing to hear Tazz try to say "exhibitionist." Mike doesn't like her showing off her body in front of people, so he's playing the jackass prude boyfriend role. Quite well, I might add. And he's not terrible in the ring, either.

Sabu is hunting Big Show, who seems to be ducking him for a title shot. This past week on ECW, Sabu fought Angle in a #1-contender match, but RVD interfered and laid both guys out. That set up this week's main event which is going to be a three-way ladder match for the Summerslam title shot.

There has been almost no development of the tag team division. They've made no mention of the fact that Doring and Roadkill were the last Tag Team Champions, even though both have appeared in squash matches. Mostly, the old ECW guys (besides Sabu, Dreamer, and Sandman) have been used as enhancement talent for Angle, Show, Test, and Knox. Justin Credible in particular has become a complete and utter jobber (although Al Snow is starting to catch up to him in that regard).

You already mentioned that you know about Kevin Thorn and CM Punk. Shannon Moore and Rene Dupree will be debuting soon, and the team of Ryan O'Reilly and Derrick Neikirk have been working dark matches and house shows.

I suppose that's the long and short of it.

Dorkchop
08-11-2006, 12:36 PM
It's funny Justin Credible being a jobber seeing how he is a former ECW champion.

Londoner
08-11-2006, 12:56 PM
If he was actually entertaining I might feel sorry for him, but tbh I don't.

Petethegeekstreet
08-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Mikey Whipwreck is a former ECW champion and I wouldn't except him being anything other than a jobber. Compare Credible's talent to the rest of the roster, should he be anything but a jobber? He's lucky to be getting a paycheck. But meh, I've hated the guy for over half a decade.

loopydate
08-11-2006, 03:48 PM
He's decently talented, but I've always preferred him as a tag wrestler. I can understand why Paul put the belt on him when he did (he was almost the last choice left at that point), but his reign wasn't really anything to write home about.

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Justin Credible was a champion because the talent pool in ECW at the time was pretty shallow, IMO.

KingofOldSchool
08-11-2006, 03:59 PM
JUST A JOBBER!

*clap clap clap*

JUST A JOBBER!

*clap clap clap*

KingofOldSchool
08-11-2006, 04:00 PM
A Jock Strap > Aldo Montoya > Justin Credible

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-11-2006, 04:01 PM
What do you expect? His name is Justin Credible

It is almost as bad as Mike Awesome

Petethegeekstreet
08-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Justin Credible was a champion because the talent pool in ECW at the time was pretty shallow, IMO.
:y:

KingofOldSchool
08-11-2006, 04:18 PM
He's decently talented, but I've always preferred him as a <s>tag wrestler</s> Target employee.

Anybody Thrilla
08-11-2006, 04:25 PM
Target's prices aren't just the greatest...they aren't just the best...

Vastardikai
08-11-2006, 11:59 PM
They're from CALgary... alBERTa... CANada!!!

(oops, wrong member of the Impact Players.)

Dorkchop
08-12-2006, 12:18 AM
JESUS CHRIST TEST IS HUGE AND RIPPED!

The Answer
08-12-2006, 12:35 AM
I know the gist of things. Mordecai is a vampire, Punk debuted and the crowd collectively had an orgasm over him (Saw the match), Show's been dominating WWE guys, Test is back and ripped, and Sandman is hitting guys with canes.

What else have I forgotten? Storyline (If there's been any) what have I missed.

lol I just saw some dude named Kevin Thorn with a vamp gommick dominate AL Snow and I thought to myself is that Mordecai I was thinking no because Mordecai seemed to be bigger muscular wise but the he finished Snow off with that crucifix razor's edge so I thought I would ask. Guess I was wrong

The Answer
08-12-2006, 12:37 AM
BTW Big Show's theme is 10 times better

RottingFreak
08-12-2006, 06:48 AM
^And they need to change Angle's music to his Electric Guitar version. The song he uses now is badly edited, you can't help but think about it when you listen.