PDA

View Full Version : The Wire

Kane Knight
08-12-2006, 07:11 PM
Fucking good show. Unfortunately, they yanked season 1 off OnDemand before I could finish, so I don't know how it ended, but season 2 appears to be better anyway. I really like the character development on all sides.

I've only got like 4 eps on the second season to go. With my luck, HBO'll yank this shit too.

Post yoru love for the Wire here.

Boondock Saint
08-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Awesome show, underrated however. I'm very surprised it was renewed for a 4th season. I can't wait til September.

Kane Knight
08-16-2006, 08:58 AM
It's funny that just a few years ago, the guy who did Babylon 5 was told people didn't want a story arc that lasted an entire season, let alone multiple seasons. Now most of the big shows have arcs similar to that.

It's part of what I like about the Wire, that they follow a "crime" for a full season, with an arc that can take any amount of time. However, you get to know the characters--All the characters, good or bad--a lot better than in most instances. IT makes even the "bad guys" human and interesting, and makes the interactions more worthwhile.

The only problem is, if you haven't seen it from the beginning (or at least the start of the season) or you're a bit lost.