PDA

View Full Version : The Miz

Stickman
08-16-2006, 03:44 PM
What's the deal with this guy? Is he a wannabe wrestler or is he actually around to be an announcer. He's just absolutely terrible, worse than when the Coach started out. Why do they waste money on guys like that?

loopydate
08-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Because he's a "celebrity."

Vince will always jump at the opportunity to bring in someone from outside the industry if they were at any time moderately famous.

See: Luke Perry on SmackDown last week or Rob Schneider's appearance during last year's Diva Search.

Stickman
08-16-2006, 03:48 PM
The Miz is a celebrity? Where's he from?

loopydate
08-16-2006, 03:51 PM
He was on MTV's "Real World" reality show.

Chavo Classic
08-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Why do I keep on thinking that he was from Million Dollar Tough Enough?

Kane Knight
08-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Because he was?

Kane Knight
08-16-2006, 04:01 PM
He was also on 2Gether. He was the gay 1.

Kane Knight
IS there an echo in here?

Afterlife
He was. He was the first guy to chew out Puder.

Chavo Classic
08-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Oh... so I'm not going a bit crazy.

Afterlife
08-16-2006, 04:21 PM
Well, a bit mayhaps. But any further, and you should probably tell an adult. Or at least a child with a sense of responsibility and a doctrate in mental health.

Chavo Classic
08-16-2006, 04:23 PM
I have a degree in mental health. But then trying to diagnose myself is about as futile as Giant Khali going back to wrestling school

Chavo Classic
08-16-2006, 04:24 PM
So, the Miz isn't totally new to the wrestling scene. Did he enter TE because it was a reality show, rather than a wrestling contest? Is he more of a wrestler? Did he get his break in reality because of TE?

So many questions

loopydate
08-16-2006, 04:44 PM
As I understand it, he created "The Miz" character on Real World with the intention of using it to get into wrestling. I think he did a couple of guest spots at indy shows, then tried out for the Million-Dollar TE. Of course, he made the finalists because he was "famous." And, of course, he's irritating as hell, so the fans didn't vote for him to win.

But Vince wouldn't let something like fans hating someone stand in the way of signing them to a long-term contract.

Chavo Classic
08-16-2006, 04:46 PM
He's quite a calculating guy. Kudos to him for achieving this goal without having any significant wrestling or presenting qualities.

Corkscrewed
08-16-2006, 07:54 PM
I dunno... I think he wouldn't be so nearly unbearable if he actually did wrestle.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
08-16-2006, 07:57 PM
I have to go now...

My planet needs me.

Caged Heat18
08-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Plus, he says HOO-RAH alot. That's definetley the next big catch phrase Vince has been waiting for :shifty: .

Afterlife
08-16-2006, 09:42 PM
I have a degree in mental health. But then trying to diagnose myself is about as futile as Giant Khali going back to wrestling school

A degree, you may have; but are you a child?

Hanso Amore
08-17-2006, 06:23 AM
As sad as it is to say, he really isn't bad in the ring, especially considering how short he has been a pro.

He still should be in OVW getting better skills though, and they need to shut him the fuck up. They could have made him a pompous "im famous from reality TV" character, but they ruined him

addy2hotty
08-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Miz got bumped from the FINAL for Todd Grisham??

Expect a Styles-esque rant on Monday night with him ending up in ECW jobbing to Kelly Kelly.

Kane Knight
08-17-2006, 10:30 AM
As sad as it is to say, he really isn't bad in the ring, especially considering how short he has been a pro.

Except he's been in pro wrestling for a while. He just hasn't been with the WWE that long.

Kane Knight
08-17-2006, 10:35 AM
Miz got bumped from the FINAL for Todd Grisham??

Was the final live? That might explain it.

Dorkchop
08-17-2006, 10:38 AM
I have to go now...

My planet needs me.

The Miz died on his back to his home planet.

FourFifty
08-17-2006, 11:45 AM
There shouldn't be a thread for The Miz. If we bitch about him too much he'll get shoved down our throats. I'll use Cena as champ for the best example.

Kane Knight
09-29-2006, 09:10 PM
So They're still piping in pops for him, but Tatanka's getting cheers too. Conclusion? The Miz is a shot at TNA.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-29-2006, 09:26 PM
The only thing the Miz has going for him is JBL's commentary.

Crippla
09-29-2006, 09:35 PM
The Miz sucks. He has no talent mic wise and in-ring wise and no charisma and is nothing but a waste of money. No one cares about him.

Kane Knight
09-29-2006, 09:43 PM
The only thing the Miz has going for him is JBL's commentary.

And strong Post Production.

Gerard
09-29-2006, 10:17 PM
The Miz

is an annoying cunt.

Kane Knight
09-29-2006, 10:31 PM
Fuck you, Poochy rocks

Crippla
09-29-2006, 10:33 PM
He was only 16 but convicted as a felon.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
09-29-2006, 10:36 PM
He's been in prison, but he was let out early to cut the inmate suicide rate.

Gerard
09-29-2006, 10:47 PM
He's been in prison, but he was let out early to cut the inmate suicide rate.

And oddly enough at the same time the number of inmates with sore assholes dramatically decreased, concidence? :wtf:

Mr. Nerfect
09-29-2006, 11:16 PM
This guy is really starting to remind me of John Cena in the way people say "he's got no talent". Fuck off, he's got plenty. The guy is pretty damn athletic in the ring. I don't want to sound like Vermaat with the NEW and INNOVATIVE arguements, here, and it's probably because of the restrictions the WWE puts on its talent, but The Miz has impressed me with some of his flippy-flying stuff in recent weeks.

Everyone just assumes because he's only been training for like two years, and because he got offered a contract due to his celebrity past, and because he's annoying as fuck when he's trying to be "cool", he can't do anything.

Mizanin is a fucking HEEL. I don't know if he's a parody of John Cena or what, but the fans BOO him. He hits an arm drag on a face and acts like he is king of the world. He's a textbook "I'm the shit" heel. Instead of just turning him heel for no reason at all, they've got it kind of backwards with the commentary. Michael Cole loves him, and JBL hates him. People are sheep if they can't look past that, though. The Miz's opponents have been: Tatanka, Matt Hardy, Scotty 2 Hotty, Funaki and Tatanka (again). Those men are pushed as being some of the purest babyfaces in the company. He hasn't onced faced Sylvan, or beaten a Pit Bull. He's a fucking heel. He dominates his matches, makes fun of Native American culture. It doesn't get much more heelish than the cheap heat trick of racism.

The guy's got talent. I'm sure he's an obnoxious bastard in real life, but when he plays it up, he's a fantastic heel.

Fox
09-29-2006, 11:22 PM
I've only seen him once.

He was hosting the RAW Diva Search. He couldn't read their names slow enough for the camera to move from one to the other as the phone numbers showed up on the screen.

He went all the way through, then had to go back to like Girl #2 and read their names again, but more slowly.

He's going to have to prove to contain Angle-like wrestling ability to win me over after that shit. First impressions are everything.

Kane Knight
09-29-2006, 11:23 PM
God, you are such an apologist.

Mr. Nerfect
10-01-2006, 12:19 AM
God, you are such an apologist.

Not really. It's not like Mike Mizanin has done anything to hurt the product, it's more people being douches about him. Most of the people who complain about him don't even watch SmackDown!, or think he's meant to be a babyface.

I'm just pointing out that the guy is MEANT to be annoying. He's doing his job. I'm sure he's good at it in real life, but if it can be focused into a character, I'm all for it.

Crippla
10-01-2006, 12:49 AM
Not really. It's not like Mike Mizanin has done anything to hurt the product, it's more people being douches about him. Most of the people who complain about him don't even watch SmackDown!, or think he's meant to be a babyface.

I'm just pointing out that the guy is MEANT to be annoying. He's doing his job. I'm sure he's good at it in real life, but if it can be focused into a character, I'm all for it.
The thing I see with him is that there is absolutely no change in him as a heel than a babyface. He is the same exact character doing the same exact things and never really turned heel. The only reason we know he's supposed to be heel is because they started having him wrestle faces. He gets no reaction at all either way and has no charisma and a bland personality. That's just my opinion though.

Mr. Nerfect
10-01-2006, 01:03 AM
The thing I see with him is that there is absolutely no change in him as a heel than a babyface. He is the same exact character doing the same exact things and never really turned heel. The only reason we know he's supposed to be heel is because they started having him wrestle faces. He gets no reaction at all either way and has no charisma and a bland personality. That's just my opinion though.

And you're entitled to it. There are some guys that can only play one character as well. Ricky Steamboat was a babyface for all his career. Kurt Angle used to make an awful babyface. Triple H in 2002 was pure shit. The Miz will probably be a heel for life, at least until he gets some better wrestling skills, but I don't think his natural annoying level should be held against him.

He does get a reaction. The crowds are all over him. Maybe they pipe in the boos, but it looks like they at least find him dislikeable.

I can see why you'd say he has no charisma. His personality if very mechanical (as opposed to CM Punk, who has natural charisma), and the guy's personality is very "MTV-ish". I think that's the point, though. We're not supposed to see this guy as anything more than "Who's ready to get funky with the funkiest chicken in the world!?! Hoo-rah!".

I think everyone's just being too hard on the guy too early. Wait until he has a feud, can cut a few direct promos, and wrestle a match designed to make Mizanin look like anything more than a fluke wrestler. I think the guy will be at least a note-worthy heel in a few months.

Crippla
10-01-2006, 01:30 AM
And you're entitled to it. There are some guys that can only play one character as well. Ricky Steamboat was a babyface for all his career. Kurt Angle used to make an awful babyface. Triple H in 2002 was pure shit. The Miz will probably be a heel for life, at least until he gets some better wrestling skills, but I don't think his natural annoying level should be held against him.

He does get a reaction. The crowds are all over him. Maybe they pipe in the boos, but it looks like they at least find him dislikeable.

I can see why you'd say he has no charisma. His personality if very mechanical (as opposed to CM Punk, who has natural charisma), and the guy's personality is very "MTV-ish". I think that's the point, though. We're not supposed to see this guy as anything more than "Who's ready to get funky with the funkiest chicken in the world!?! Hoo-rah!".

I think everyone's just being too hard on the guy too early. Wait until he has a feud, can cut a few direct promos, and wrestle a match designed to make Mizanin look like anything more than a fluke wrestler. I think the guy will be at least a note-worthy heel in a few months.
Even if Angle was an awful face, you could still establish him as a face. The Miz just doesn't even come off as a heel, the way his character acts and everything else and he just doesn't get real heel heat. Also, I can't stand Miz on the mic either. He is just fucking awful.

Kane Knight
10-01-2006, 09:19 AM

Wow. He hasn't hurt a sagging, half-assed product. THERE'S A BRIGHT SIDE!

I wouldn't sya he's doing a good job. Half of the people who complain about him aren't watching Smackdown. half the rest of them are changing the channel. I had to MAKE myself pay attention to him this week to verify that they're still dubbing crowd reactions for him. That's not good heel work. Heel work is not "Change the channel, this guy sucks." Yet this is largely the reaction he seems to be getting. If he's supposed to do that, then yes, it's brilliant.

But then, if turning people off your program is brilliant, then you're a good booker. :)

Kane Knight
10-01-2006, 09:21 AM

:rofl:

Jaton
10-01-2006, 09:22 AM
I didn't read any of this thread yet, but before I do..I'd just like to point out that The Miz can go to hell. He's horrible, his match with Tatanka on SmackDown this week was utter garbage. I'd normally blame that on Tatanka, but not this time.

Kane Knight
10-01-2006, 09:29 AM
Injuns>Negroes.

Londoner
10-01-2006, 09:38 AM
I only wanted to post in this thread to reveal how much I hate the miz. I hope he realises how fucking awful he comes off on tv/ in the ring.

They better change his gimmick soon or just release him, cause i just can't stand that guy.

Mr. Nerfect
10-01-2006, 09:47 AM
Wow. He hasn't hurt a sagging, half-assed product. THERE'S A BRIGHT SIDE!

I wouldn't sya he's doing a good job. Half of the people who complain about him aren't watching Smackdown. half the rest of them are changing the channel. I had to MAKE myself pay attention to him this week to verify that they're still dubbing crowd reactions for him. That's not good heel work. Heel work is not "Change the channel, this guy sucks." Yet this is largely the reaction he seems to be getting. If he's supposed to do that, then yes, it's brilliant.

But then, if turning people off your program is brilliant, then you're a good booker. :)

Do the ratings actually drop doing his segments? I mean, you may turn the TV off during his segments, but you don't really account for everybody. He probably wouldn't have been given a second chance in the reality TV business if he caused viewers to switch off. Granted, reality TV viewers will watch anything, but it's all about what's "hip" and "edgy".

The guy hasn't even been given a chance to show good heel work. He's been given a chance to say a few spazzed out "Hoorah!" lines and run to the ring screaming "This is a true story", etc. They just turned the guy heel. I'm not telling you to like him, I'm just saying give him a chance, he's shown talent in OVW, DSW and in his matches.

Once he's given a feud, and we can actually see him go somewhere with his shit, it may get over more with the online community. I don't know, I just think this Miz hate is completely uncalled for. Statements like "this guy doesn't entertain me" are fine, I just think people insulting him like he has no ability what-so-ever are being a little extreme.

If people can call me out on me being extreme when it comes to seeing the potential in things like TV deals, and underused talent, I can call them out on doing the exact opposite.

I wouldn't say the guy is over like rover, but the fans boo him. They add a few of their own, but they add cheers with Batista, Lashley, etc. You can see people in the crowd reacting the way they're meant to. For a guy who hasn't wrestled a real match, or cut a real promo, that is pretty good.

I'm reluctant to use this as evidence, because I haven't seen it, but the guy apparently played a brilliant heel in OVW against Seth Skyfire. He stole his girlfriend, etc. The guy can play a character. He hasn't truly been given one other than "annoying guy" yet. If he's annoying you, he's doing his job.

Londoner
10-01-2006, 09:53 AM
Alienoid, I hate the miz so much I don't want to see him in a feud. And, I also turn the channel over when he's on. I'm sure many others do to.

Crippla
10-01-2006, 09:56 AM
Do the ratings actually drop doing his segments? I mean, you may turn the TV off during his segments, but you don't really account for everybody. He probably wouldn't have been given a second chance in the reality TV business if he caused viewers to switch off. Granted, reality TV viewers will watch anything, but it's all about what's "hip" and "edgy".

The guy hasn't even been given a chance to show good heel work. He's been given a chance to say a few spazzed out "Hoorah!" lines and run to the ring screaming "This is a true story", etc. They just turned the guy heel. I'm not telling you to like him, I'm just saying give him a chance, he's shown talent in OVW, DSW and in his matches.

Once he's given a feud, and we can actually see him go somewhere with his shit, it may get over more with the online community. I don't know, I just think this Miz hate is completely uncalled for. Statements like "this guy doesn't entertain me" are fine, I just think people insulting him like he has no ability what-so-ever are being a little extreme.

If people can call me out on me being extreme when it comes to seeing the potential in things like TV deals, and underused talent, I can call them out on doing the exact opposite.

I wouldn't say the guy is over like rover, but the fans boo him. They add a few of their own, but they add cheers with Batista, Lashley, etc. You can see people in the crowd reacting the way they're meant to. For a guy who hasn't wrestled a real match, or cut a real promo, that is pretty good.

I'm reluctant to use this as evidence, because I haven't seen it, but the guy apparently played a brilliant heel in OVW against Seth Skyfire. He stole his girlfriend, etc. The guy can play a character. He hasn't truly been given one other than "annoying guy" yet. If he's annoying you, he's doing his job.
Yeah....No.

Kane Knight
10-01-2006, 10:26 AM
A6, please provide me with evidence of QH ratings.

Meanwhile, my statement that others do comes from direct feedback. More than not appear to.

Otherwise, you're just making yourself a larger apologist.

Mr. Nerfect
10-01-2006, 10:49 AM
A6, please provide me with evidence of QH ratings.

Meanwhile, my statement that others do comes from direct feedback. More than not appear to.

Otherwise, you're just making yourself a larger apologist.

Ah, covered yourself pretty well there. I was going to ask you to show me proof that the ratings drop when he shows up. But seeing you're playing the direct feedback line, everyone here pretty much dislikes Cena. Does the RAW Rating drop when he's around.

I'm pretty sure if The Miz was affecting the WWE's ratings, they'd have booted him before his second match with Tatanka.

You're all allowed to hate him, go right ahead. I have to admit his personality drives me up the wall, too. The guy is probably an asshole in real life, too, but I'm just saying he's not the death of wrestling. He's pretty decent in the ring.

Crippla
10-01-2006, 10:55 AM
HE DOESN'T HELP RATINGS AND NO ONE CARES ABOUT HIM. FIRE HIS ASS IMMEDIATELY OR WE WILL HAVE ANOTHER WCW ON OUR HANDS.

Mr. Nerfect
10-01-2006, 11:05 AM
HE DOESN'T HELP RATINGS AND NO ONE CARES ABOUT HIM. FIRE HIS ASS IMMEDIATELY OR WE WILL HAVE ANOTHER WCW ON OUR HANDS.

:lol:

Yeah, he certainly doesn't help the ratings. I just think he could develop into something. I also think Val Venis could develop into something. I give up.

FIRE THE MIZ!!!!!

Crippla
10-01-2006, 11:23 AM
WOOOOOOOOO!!! On a serious note, WWE dropped the ball on Val for real. He should be in the main event by now. Venis is talented and is decently entertaining but The Miz will never amount to anything.

Kane Knight
10-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Ah, covered yourself pretty well there. I was going to ask you to show me proof that the ratings drop when he shows up. But seeing you're playing the direct feedback line, everyone here pretty much dislikes Cena. Does the RAW Rating drop when he's around.

You tell me. His championship reigns don't seem to drawe, and he's been champ during some of the lowest ratings in a crappy time span...But I don't have access to QHs.

Basically, you're now arguing to disprove a negative. That's a no-no in debate, but that's okay. You don't have any hard facts to counteract.

I'm pretty sure if The Miz was affecting the WWE's ratings, they'd have booted him before his second match with Tatanka.

I'm pretty sure WWE doesn't care about QHs. So regardless, your argument is moot.

You're all allowed to hate him, go right ahead. I have to admit his personality drives me up the wall, too. The guy is probably an asshole in real life, too, but I'm just saying he's not the death of wrestling. He's pretty decent in the ring.

Who said he was the death of wrestling? The only one with such an extreme comment was you, crying about all the sheep.

.44 Magdalene
10-01-2006, 07:35 PM
I don't change the channel...but I do pay a helluvalot more attention to JBL's commentary than I do the actual matches he's involved in.

Mr. Nerfect
10-01-2006, 09:13 PM
You tell me. His championship reigns don't seem to drawe, and he's been champ during some of the lowest ratings in a crappy time span...But I don't have access to QHs.

I don't have access, either, but you have to assume that John Cena wouldn't be WWE Champion if he did more harm than good to the WWE. Believe it or not, they do like money.

Basically, you're now arguing to disprove a negative. That's a no-no in debate, but that's okay. You don't have any hard facts to counteract.

You don't have the hard facts to back up anything you've claimed. People hate The Miz and turn off their TVs when they see him? Great general statement. It proves true on these boards, but we all know how little these boards' opinions matter.

I'm pretty sure WWE doesn't care about QHs. So regardless, your argument is moot.

I'm pretty sure the WWE does care about ratings, so therefore your arguement is moot.

Who said he was the death of wrestling? The only one with such an extreme comment was you, crying about all the sheep.

You're the one who complains you want to switch off when you see him (despite the fact your ignorance on whether or not The Miz was a face or a heel proves you haven't even been watching him) is a pretty extreme comment wouldn't you say? You switch off when you see him, you're turning away from the WWE product. That implies he scares people away from the product. No one watches the WWE, it dies. Hence my "death of wrestling" statement.

Kane Knight
10-01-2006, 09:44 PM
I don't have access, either, but you have to assume that John Cena wouldn't be WWE Champion if he did more harm than good to the WWE. Believe it or not, they do like money.

Which is why they kept it on Edge...

...And why they kept it on Cena when the numbers tanked down into the 2s...

But enough logic, as you're clearly right. These logical fallacies clearly do not exist because Alienoid says so.

I'm pretty sure the WWE does care about ratings, so therefore your arguement is moot.

Ratings =/= QHs. Sorry, the argument is not moot.

You're the one who complains you want to switch off when you see him (despite the fact your ignorance on whether or not The Miz was a face or a heel proves you haven't even been watching him)

If you were paying attention, you'd be confused like everyone else. The fact that you make up statements to confirm he's a heel...

is a pretty extreme comment wouldn't you say? You switch off when you see him, you're turning away from the WWE product. That implies he scares people away from the product. No one watches the WWE, it dies. Hence my "death of wrestling" statement.

Strangely, changing the channel isn't a one way process, something you need to grasp. But whatever.

Kane Knight
10-01-2006, 09:46 PM
That is to say, before you try and twist it, that QH are not the only form of ratings.

Mr. Nerfect
10-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Which is why they kept it on Edge...

...And why they kept it on Cena when the numbers tanked down into the 2s...

But enough logic, as you're clearly right. These logical fallacies clearly do not exist because Alienoid says so.

Weren't you the one talking about how Edge didn't really boost ratings? Or was that someone else? Cena sells merchandise, and I'm not the first to defend Cena, but I think a lot of his segments have been the highest rated on RAW. If John Cena was a failure, people would constantly remind the WWE of that fact.

Ratings =/= QHs. Sorry, the argument is not moot.

Yes...

*Slow clap*

You figured out the blatantly obvious.

Seriously, you can't say The Miz turns people off without offering evidence. It's not my job to defend the guy's employment. If you disagree, you prove that he shouldn't be.

If you were paying attention, you'd be confused like everyone else. The fact that you make up statements to confirm he's a heel...

No, if you were watching you'd know the guy is meant to be a heel. I believe this is why I called people sheep. JBL and Michael Cole have spiced things up with commentary. Yes, their commentary implies The Miz is a face. Their commentary also implies Sylvan is a face, and MVP is a face. It's not hard to look at the actual components of his matches, and see he is bonafided heel material.

I know you're a proud guy, and you're not going to admit it, but you're wrong about this. Let's move on.

Strangely, changing the channel isn't a one way process, something you need to grasp. But whatever.

That makes no sense. :|

Sure, changing the channel on Mizanin shows he's turning you off, which is the point you were trying to make, weren't you? That's the whole purpose of my "death of wrestling" statement. He's turning people away = doing his part to kill the WWE. That's why I'm asking you to find me evidence that he is. If you can find it, I'll jump onto your boat. Until I see it I'm not going to believe it.

Mr. Nerfect
10-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Oh, and before you twist it, I'm not being blind. No evidence has actually been presented that he's harmful to the WWE, like many people are implying.

Afterlife
10-02-2006, 12:16 AM
Seriously....I wanna sex the Doug.

Skippord
10-02-2006, 12:25 AM
Why does no one want Danny is my only problem with this

Kane Knight
10-02-2006, 08:29 AM
Dog's the one with the look, duh.

Kane Knight
10-02-2006, 08:30 AM
You heard me. DOG, the Basham Hunter.