PDA

View Full Version : Lost In Translation

Blue Demon
02-08-2004, 01:07 PM
I find it funny that where I live right now that Lost In Translation is out on video already and is also still in theatres...

Triple A
02-08-2004, 06:02 PM
Yeah it's in theaters a lot of places here too.

Blue Demon
02-08-2004, 07:21 PM
I have yet to see it...is it any good?

G
02-09-2004, 12:28 AM
No, not good at all. Don't waste your time with that garbage.

loopydate
02-09-2004, 02:19 PM
It was a good character movie, but the plot was pretty meaningless. I can see why it got Oscar buzz for Bill and Scarlett, because they were both very believable. The story is basically just another "alienated American abroad" story with fantastic characters. I personally would have rather seen "Big Fish" or "American Splendor" or "Cold Mountain" get "Lost in Translation"'s Best Picture nomination, though.

Danny Electric
02-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Best film I've see in the cinema this year, but the only film I've seen in the cinema this year.
Seriously, well acted and beautifully directed. I loved the cinematography and the iconography. The chemistry between the two leads was brilliant and I genuinely felt there was something there in the film, unlike most Holywood movies.
I just thought it was a nice easy to watch film.

Blue Demon
02-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Finally saw it and i thought it was good....not all it was hyped up to be...but still good.

#1-norm-fan
02-16-2004, 01:04 AM
I saw it a few days ago and was disapointed. It was decent I guess but nowhere near where I was thinking it would be.

Shake
02-19-2004, 10:46 AM
I saw Lost in Translation recently after hearing all the rave reviews. I can safely say it lived up to them; it was a beautiful, subtle (therefore making it an acquired taste amongst the masses) and well observed film with the most stunning photography I have ever seen in film or TV. Scarlett and Bill were simply awesome, capturing all the idiosyncrasies of such a surreal relationship perfectly and therefore deserving all the praise they get. The fact I was in a particularly romantic mood at the time probably helped me enjoy it, too :) But the film isn't really a tale of romance, or so much a tale of foreigners lost in another country - it's about friendship and finding yourself.

soconnor
02-22-2004, 12:19 PM
I didn't think it was awful but oscar worthy is a fu</>cking joke

I was really disappointed by it but I don't see why people love it so much

Dragon
02-22-2004, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I thought it was a decent movie. But it was a let down for me after hearing all the reviews for it and such.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-25-2004, 01:55 AM
Bill Murray is the man, and Tokyo is the greatest city on Earth. With that aside, while the story wasn't exactly groundbreaking, it had a beautiful execution, and superb visuals