PDA

View Full Version : Possible **SPOILERS** regarding Summerslam and post-SS

Boondock Saint
08-20-2006, 04:12 AM
Source: WrestlingObserver.com

-- Mick Foley has creative control for his match with Ric Flair. That might produce an unintuitive outcome, however, as both Foley and Flair have expressed a desire to lose the match.

-- Big Show will likely retain his title in a short match. There was a rumor of Kurt Angle getting involved in the bout, but no new details have emerged.

-- WWE is not planning to end the DeGeneration X angle at Summerslam.

-- Prior to suffering his knee injury, Hulk Hogan, due to his creative control, was to go over Randy Orton. Although there's been absolutely no confirmation that the planned outcome was changed, some believe Hogan might instead opt to lose by putting over the injury as too hard to overcome.

-- The plan has long been to give Cena the belt back in front of his hometown crowd. But, even if that idea is nixed, note that by the end of his program with Edge (which will go through Unforgiven), he will be WWE Champion again.
------------------------------------------------------

I'm kind of glad DX isn't ending so soon. It's one of the few things that keeps me watching RAW. I'd like to see a new member or two as well.

Londoner
08-20-2006, 05:10 AM
Mick Foley has creative control for his match with Ric Flair. That might produce an unintuitive outcome, however, as both Foley and Flair have expressed a desire to lose the match.

Would only be right if Foley wins I think since Flair won the last match.

Big Show will likely retain his title in a short match. There was a rumor of Kurt Angle getting involved in the bout, but no new details have emerged.

Don't know why they're having the ECW title defended at a WWE PPV but fuck it, I don't really care....

WWE is not planning to end the DeGeneration X angle at Summerslam.

Good to hear, got a feeling the Mcmahon's will win this one thanks to help from their 'unlimited resources'....

Prior to suffering his knee injury, Hulk Hogan, due to his creative control, was to go over Randy Orton. Although there's been absolutely no confirmation that the planned outcome was changed, some believe Hogan might instead opt to lose by putting over the injury as too hard to overcome.

Typical.

The plan has long been to give Cena the belt back in front of his hometown crowd. But, even if that idea is nixed, note that by the end of his program with Edge (which will go through Unforgiven), he will be WWE Champion again.

I don't like Edge but I hope he keeps the title just cause I want to see Cena's biggest fans pissed off. :)

Edit- Just reached 3,000 posts!

Chavo Classic
08-20-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm still not ordering it.

Londoner
08-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Same here.

Xero
08-20-2006, 10:16 AM
-- Mick Foley has creative control for his match with Ric Flair. That might produce an unintuitive outcome, however, as both Foley and Flair have expressed a desire to lose the match.

Is this the first time in history where there will be fight over who LOSES the match?

Foley: I want you to win.

Flair: No, Mick, you've gotta win.

Foley: No, I insist, Ric.

Flair: NO! YOU'RE WINNING!

Foley: NO! YOU!

Flair: NO! WOOOOOOOOOO! I REFUSE TO TAKE THE WIN FROM YOU! WOOOO!

Foley: WELL I DON'T WANT TO BEAT YOU! 'WOOOO'!

Flair: GOD DAMN IT MICK! I NEED YOU TO-

Triple H: I'll take the win.

Flair and Foley: :shifty: :| :mad:

Flair: YOU'RE GONNA WIN!

Edit: Longer than I thought it was, lol.

Boondock Saint
08-20-2006, 10:29 AM
[B]
Don't know why they're having the ECW title defended at a WWE PPV but fuck it, I don't really care....

Well, don't they just simply consider ECW a 3rd brand, ala RAW/SD, and not an entirely separate promotion? If so, then having it included in a PPV that includes the other two brands only makes sense, I guess.

Chavo Classic
08-20-2006, 10:36 AM
One day, I see an ECW PPV with just talent from the ECW roster. But then, I've always been too much of an optimist.

ron the dial
08-20-2006, 11:12 AM
Well, don't they just simply consider ECW a 3rd brand, ala RAW/SD, and not an entirely separate promotion? If so, then having it included in a PPV that includes the other two brands only makes sense, I guess.
I'd say that's pretty much the reasoning behind it. That and the fact that ECW don't have any PPVs in the immediate future, so why not throw them onto a RAW/SD! show.

Londoner
08-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Guess so. Just feels too much like a WWE title this way though.

Chavo Classic
08-20-2006, 11:17 AM
I'd say that's pretty much the reasoning behind it. That and the fact that ECW don't have any PPVs in the immediate future, so why not throw them onto a RAW/SD! show.

There's a planned ECW PPV in December. No word as to whether it'll be exclusively ECW however

ron the dial
08-20-2006, 11:20 AM
But December is so god damn far away. Not that what's going on in ECW right now would warrant a PPV, but I still want one, dammit!

Londoner
08-20-2006, 11:50 AM
I don't want one myself cause as you said there's hardly anything going on, but anyway I would rather they just have the title defended on the normal shows. It's only going to be a short match from what that article says so it seems pointless if that's the case.

JTB31
08-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Orton losing to Hogan would destroy his character and the legend killer would never be able to recover from it.

Xero
08-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Orton losing to Hogan would destroy his character and the legend killer would never be able to recover from it.
Like when he lost to The Undertaker?

KingofOldSchool
08-20-2006, 05:04 PM
-- The plan has long been to give Cena the belt back in front of his hometown crowd. But, even if that idea is nixed, note that by the end of his program with Edge (which will go through Unforgiven), he will be WWE Champion again.

YAY

:|

JTB31
08-20-2006, 06:06 PM
The Undertaker wasn't 53 years old who could barely walk to the ring.Orton can't be taken seriously if he can't beat a 53 year old crippled.

St. Jimmy
08-20-2006, 06:12 PM
The Undertaker wasn't 53 years old who could barely walk to the ring.Orton can't be taken seriously if he can't beat a 53 year old crippled.

Leave Flair out of this... and Funk... and Lawler... and Nash... <_<

Xero
08-20-2006, 06:15 PM
No, but he was pretty much a joke.