PDA

View Full Version : *Smackdown SPOILERS for August 25, 2006*

Caged Heat18
08-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Credit: Billy Krotchsen and PWInsider.com

Dark Match:

2 Cold Scorpio pinned Rene Dupree

Smackdown:

-WWE World champion King Booker names Finlay and William Regal his "Royal Knights" with a ceremony inside the ring. They both thank Booker and promise to take care of anyone who crosses him. Bobby Lashley, then Batista hit the ring, with everyone brawling. Smackdown General Manager Teddy Long comes out and decrees there will be a handicap tag main event tonight...King Booker & William Regal & Finlay vs. Batista & Lashley.

-Ken Kennedy defeated Matt Hardy after WWE Cruiserweight champion Gregory Helms (at ringside doing commentary) hits Hardy.

-Backstage, The Miz and Ashley discuss Leyla winning the Diva Search.

-The Miz comes to the ring and brings out Leyla, who thanks everyone for their support. Miz plugs that he'll make his in-ring debut on next week's Smackdown.

-Sylvester Turkay defeated Tatanka.

-They show highlights of Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero from Summerslam. They show Vicki Guerrero walking backstage, as she'll be coming to the ring after a commercial break.

-Vicki Guerrero comes to the ring and addresses the crowd. She apologizes for getting involved in the Guerrero vs. Mysterio PPV match and said she is going to move on with her life, but first she wants to apologize to both. Mysterio comes to the ring. She apologizes to Rey and they hug. Guerrero comes to the ring and hugs Vicki as well. They are all about to leave when Chavo attacks Rey. He goes to hit Rey with a chair, but Vicki stops Chavo and takes the chair away...then hits Rey with it. Chavo DDT's Rey on the chair. He and Vicki hug and leave Rey laying in the ring.

-WWE Tag Team champion Paul London (with Brian Kendrick) defeated KC James (with Idol Stevens & Michelle McCool) via DQ when The Pitbulls hit the ring and attack London. All three teams brawl.

-MVP comes to the front row to sit ringside with two women as they go to commercial.

-Kristal Marshall defeated Jillian Hall.

-They aired a vignette for Jimmy Wang Yang, which is his new official name, doing the cowboy gimmick he's used during a few recent dark matches.

-Vito defeated Sylvan. MVP was laughing at Vito from ringside, so Vito called him out. MVP got in the ring to confront him, but MVP's agent calls on the cell phone and says they don't have a contract yet, so MVP turns down the challenge.

-Batista & Bobby Lashley defeated WWE World champion King Booker & William Regal & Finlay

Caged Heat18
08-22-2006, 10:55 PM
With the Pitbulls returning Smackdown looks to have a legit tag team division, with three solid teams. Plus the show overall doesn't look bad this week.

Destor
08-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Looks decent

Blitz
08-22-2006, 10:59 PM
2 COLD FUCKING SCORPIO :eek:

Blitz
08-22-2006, 11:01 PM
Jimmy Wang Yang :nono:

ron the dial
08-22-2006, 11:08 PM
I had to re-read his name a few times to make sure that I wasn't hallucinating.

Shadow
08-22-2006, 11:25 PM
...So I geuess Hardy and Helms are fueding? When did this start?

Xero
08-22-2006, 11:29 PM
(A man's back is shown on an ECW promo...)

Announcer: Next week... Prepare to get.....

(Flash Funk turns around)

Flash: FUNKY!

FourFifty
08-22-2006, 11:35 PM
Credit: Billy Krotchsen and PWInsider.com

Dark Match:

2 Cold FUCKING Scorpio pinned Rene Dupree

THERE IS A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

St. Jimmy
08-22-2006, 11:37 PM
2 Cold Scorpio. Fuck yeah. Rest of this show sounds like total arsewipe. Miz in the ring = wrestlecrap platinum. I'll record it next week to see that shitfest.

FourFifty
08-22-2006, 11:37 PM
So does 2 Cold have a contract?

Bad Company
08-22-2006, 11:47 PM
rofl, I used to like Scorpio, but that guy must be mad old now.

Corkscrewed
08-23-2006, 03:10 AM
ROFLMAO

The guy who's supposed to be the next super extreme ECW'er jobs to an old ECW'er who, to my knowledge, isn't even under contract. :lol:

But that's pretty cool.

"Jimmy Wang Yang" :rofl: :nono: But at least he's back with the company. PLEASE LET HIM FLY!!!

An actual tag division???? WHAT????? :drool:

Oh man, I can't wait to see the Vicki Guerrero heel turn to see how bad it is. And I can't wait for fans to start mindlessly chanting "Eddie! Eddie" when Vickie cuts a promo.

Crippla
08-23-2006, 12:01 PM
I hope this is tryout match for 2 Cold Scorpio because I'd like to see him come back to WWE. He would be good back in ECW. It looks like Matt Hardy and Kid Kash are back from suspension which is good for the CW and Tag Team division. The fact that they're actually using a tag team division is great. I'm excited about the return of Jimmy Wang Yang and his new cowboy gimmick but they probably could of picked a better name. Vickie Guerrero's heel turn is going to look like a disaster. I'm hoping this Rey-Chavo feud doesn't go past No Mercy. They need to find something new to do with the World Title and U.S. Title programs. They have almost the same exact thing as last week. It looks like Terkay is gonna get a big push but I hope Elijah Burke gets more in-ring time as well. As stupid as the gimmick is, I'm glad they're finally going somewhere with Vito instead of his pointless victories. They need to put Kennedy in a program instead of using him to build up other programs. My final thought is 'Where the hell is Psicosis?'. I have a bad feeling he is on his way to being released and I don't know why.

Destor
08-23-2006, 12:07 PM
Who was Jimmy Wang?

Crippla
08-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Akio.

Destor
08-23-2006, 12:12 PM
LOL

Crippla
08-23-2006, 12:16 PM
His real name is Jimmy Yang but Jimmy Wang Yang is......

Destor
08-23-2006, 12:19 PM
..awesome.

mrslackalack
08-23-2006, 01:02 PM
Yang was in WCW as well with the Jung Dragons wasnt he?

mrslackalack
08-23-2006, 01:02 PM
I guess Layla El is on Smackdown then.

Crippla
08-23-2006, 01:04 PM
Yang was in WCW as well with the Jung Dragons wasnt he?

Yes, I believe he was called Yun Yang.

The One
08-23-2006, 01:22 PM
Who is MVP?

Crippla
08-23-2006, 01:27 PM
MVP is WWE development talent Antonio Banks.

The One
08-23-2006, 01:29 PM
Is MVP short for anything, like Mike Van Powers or some dumb shit?

Crippla
08-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Is MVP short for anything, like Mike Van Powers or some dumb shit?

Montel Vontavious Porter

Mr. Nerfect
08-24-2006, 02:53 AM
MVP reeks of charisma, by the way.

I actually predicted the whole Matt Hardy/Ken Kennedy/Gregory Helms thing. It will probably play out differenty to how I expected. In my version, Tatanka complains about being screwed for the past few weeks, Theodore Long allows Tatanka to find a tag team partner of his choice to face Kennedy & Helms. Matt Hardy makes his return, the faces are victorious.

I have no clue where they're going now.

Great to see 2 Cold Scopio back. I actually marked out when I read that, and I've only seen like two of his matches. What's the bet they have him join the new "Too Cool"? Scotty 2 Hotty and 2 Cold Scorpio has a kind of ring to it. :shifty:

Jimmy Wang Yang. Fuck you, WWE. Fuck you. Call him Jimmy Yang, let him cut a promo in fucking English like he has fucking spoken since he was born, and announce him from Los Angeles, California, where he is fucking from. Oh, and let him wrestle. God damn fucking idiot writers.

Paul London & Brian Kendrick get screen-time, so you know this show is worth it. :drool:

Destor
08-24-2006, 04:16 AM
As far as the Jimmy wang Yang goes, we get Akio back plus we get to hear Cole say Wang on a bi-weekly basis. Is it wrong that I'm gonna enjoy this?

FourFifty
08-24-2006, 04:22 AM
Great to see 2 Cold Scopio back. I actually marked out when I read that, and I've only seen like two of his matches. What's the bet they have him join the new "Too Cool"? Scotty 2 Hotty and 2 Cold Scorpio has a kind of ring to it. :shifty:

:(nooooo.......

Xerzes
08-25-2006, 03:10 AM
So...Final & Regal are being announced to now be "royal knights" for the second time in two months or so. Wonderful.

Afterlife
08-25-2006, 08:01 AM
I think the J-Dub-Y thing could have potential. I'm just glad he's back. Besides, Billy Gunn was a cowboy, JBL was a cowboy....things can always level out for the guy. It's clearly not an absolute dead end.

mrslackalack
08-25-2006, 10:34 AM
I remember MVP back in 93 as Lomboardi as the baseball player. They eventually changed his name to Abe Knuckleball Schartwz.

DominateR
08-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Jimmy Wang Yang:yes::love::yes:

DominateR
08-25-2006, 11:31 AM
As far as the Jimmy wang Yang goes, we get Akio back plus we get to hear Cole say Wang on a bi-weekly basis. Is it wrong that I'm gonna enjoy this?

Not if it's on a "bi"-weekly basis:drool: lol j/k

But ya gotta admit, you kinda set yourself up for that one.

Mr. JL
08-25-2006, 11:35 AM