PDA

View Full Version : An update on Kurt Angle

FourFifty
08-26-2006, 09:37 PM
“My body is so beat up and run down, I can’t even think straight,” Kurt Angle tells WWE.com in an exclusive interview Saturday concerning his early release from his contract with World Wrestling Entertainment. Angle and WWE officials mutually agreed to end Angle’s relationship with the company on Friday.

Angle says seven years of non-stop wrestling has taken a major toll on his body, his mind and his family. “I need my body to reheal and rehab, I have done this for too long without a break. I haven’t been able to really enjoy my life. I haven’t seen my family, I’ve had problems with medication - I’m just fried physically and mentally.”

Angle’s business manager David Hawk claims, “Kurt’s in a tremendous amount of pain, he’s used prescription medication to deal with it. Kurt has come to the conclusion that unless he can get in the ring without the use of pain medication then he doesn’t need to be in there. He realizes he was just endangering himself and his opponents.”

The last straw for Angle seems to have occurred on August 13th, 2006, at an ECW (http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/) live event in White Plains, New York. Angle was wrestling Rob Van Dam in a match where both competitors were fueled by the passionate ECW fans. “The crowd was wild,” Angle says. “Early on in the match, I pulled my groin, but I kept going, feeding off the crowd. Then I pulled my abdominal muscle off the pelvic bone, but I kept going as the crowd grew more wild. Finally, I blew out my hamstring, but we finished the match. The crowd stood and applauded - a standing ovation and that meant so much to me.”

Ironically that would be Angle’s last match.

WWE.com asked Angle if he would ever return to competition in WWE. Angle says “I can’t tell you that right now, I need to heal up mentally and physically. Until then, I can’t even think about returning.”

But Angle says WWE Chairman Vince McMahon told him the door is always open. “Vince says when I’m ready, if I’m ever ready, to come back just sign on the dotted line. I’ll tell you if I do return I’m going back to my roots, training on the mat like my amateur days. Longevity is the key.”

Hawk seems confident Angle will be in the ring again someday.

Angle has a final message to his legion of WWE and ECW fans. “Don’t be concerned, this move was for the best. It was a privilege to be able to compete for all of you. I’d like to say thank you.”

WWE.com will continue to follow up on Kurt Angle over the next several months.

That's good news :D

St. Jimmy
08-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Good Kurt. *takes away Vicodin and gives cookies and milk*

RP
08-26-2006, 09:47 PM
Eddie Eddie Eddie

St. Jimmy
08-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Eddie Eddie Eddie

=/ That's just asking for CM Punk heat now.

Rob
08-26-2006, 10:20 PM
I guess that HAD to release him.

Afterall, it's not like they kept other guys who needed to rehab or guys who had big downsides and drew money. Fucking idiots.

Pepsi Man
08-26-2006, 11:29 PM
I guess that HAD to release him.

Afterall, it's not like they kept other guys who needed to rehab or guys who had big downsides and drew money. Fucking idiots.
Honestly, I don't know if you have more information on the whole situation but from what's just there, it looks like Kurt sorta wanted this release too, and it's not like they've never released any of those "other guys who needed to rehab or guys who had big downsides and drew money" only to bring them back.

Destor
08-27-2006, 12:19 AM
I posted this in the Kurt Angle Released thread.

mike627
08-27-2006, 01:31 AM
I posted this in the Kurt Angle Released thread. really,damn a repeat thread on TPWW!?! :eek:

FourFifty
08-27-2006, 01:41 AM
I posted this in the Kurt Angle Released thread.
My bad. Please don't kill me....:(
Now if we could get a mod to put in a link to the other thread, and lock this up, that'd be awesome.

redoneja
08-27-2006, 01:58 AM
Chris Johnson reporting:

According to Mike Johnson, Kurt Angle and his agent met with Vince McMahon Friday afternoon in Stamford, CT. McMahon demanded of Angle that he seek help and take
action for his recent personal problems and injuries. These demands were refused by Angle and he was released from the company. Angle did not ask for his release. Right now it is not known if Angle has a 90-day no compete clause on his contract or not but most likley he does. The WWE is interested in bringing Angle back but only if or when he gets his life and problems in order.

redoneja
08-27-2006, 01:59 AM
^ nodq.com

Better Than You
08-27-2006, 02:00 AM
I don't trust nodq

Better Than You
08-27-2006, 02:00 AM
Just sayin

Destor
08-27-2006, 02:02 AM
My bad. Please don't kill me....:(
Now if we could get a mod to put in a link to the other thread, and lock this up, that'd be awesome.No big. This thread is fine anyhow, more people will see it if its out here. I was just pointing it out that I beat ya to it. Kinda like :p <---- that whole thing. So yeah :p and such.

Shadow
08-27-2006, 03:00 AM
Chris Johnson reporting:

According to Mike Johnson, Kurt Angle and his agent met with Vince McMahon Friday afternoon in Stamford, CT. McMahon demanded of Angle that he seek help and take
action for his recent personal problems and injuries. These demands were refused by Angle and he was released from the company. Angle did not ask for his release. Right now it is not known if Angle has a 90-day no compete clause on his contract or not but most likley he does. The WWE is interested in bringing Angle back but only if or when he gets his life and problems in order.

Angle's going the Jeff Hardy rought?

Petethegeekstreet
08-27-2006, 04:45 AM
Not to make a habit of mentioning PCW but now that Kurt is off the show it really is compleatly worthless. A week ago I woulda said it could get no worse, and then this is thrown at me. PCWs on;y saving grace is gone the way of the dodo.

road doggy dogg
08-27-2006, 04:52 AM
Eddie Eddie Eddie

lol

St. Jimmy
08-27-2006, 05:03 AM
Chris Johnson reporting:

Poor Kurt doesn't know what's good for him.

The One
08-27-2006, 05:06 AM
Wait, this is the first thing I am hearing about the idea that Angle didn't want out of the contract...if WWE is releasing Angle from his contract and he doesn't WANT to leave, then I have lost all faith in the idea that McMahon lives in reality. He keeps every other pain killer abusing, juice using, peices of shit around, and pushes one of the best ever out the door? Dumbass.

Petethegeekstreet
08-27-2006, 05:10 AM
I don't trust nodq

Joyrider
08-27-2006, 08:11 AM
If Kurt was fired, why would Vince McMahon say the door is always open I Kurt chooses to return? :wtf:

KingofOldSchool
08-27-2006, 09:13 AM
If Kurt was fired, why would Vince McMahon say the door is always open I Kurt chooses to return? :wtf:

Hogan, Hardys, Test, Jimmy Yang, Brian Kendrick, Goldust, Hall, Nash, etc.

Kane Knight
08-27-2006, 09:18 AM

Because the door is always open?

KingofOldSchool
08-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Wait, this is the first thing I am hearing about the idea that Angle didn't want out of the contract...if WWE is releasing Angle from his contract and he doesn't WANT to leave, then I have lost all faith in the idea that McMahon lives in reality. He keeps every other pain killer abusing, juice using, peices of shit around, and pushes one of the best ever out the door? Dumbass.

Okay, I respect you and all but listen.

Angle is broke down, it is been talked about all over. He's got injury after injury piling up plus he's going through a divorce with his pregnant wife. Do you not realize how much of a toll just a divorce takes on a person, let alone all of his injuries?

Remember the "death watch" that was out after Eddie's death? Yeah, take a guess on who it was. There is a story that was posted on the newsboard about coworkers saying that Angle's release might have saved his life. How really farfetched is that? Look at Eddie, years of painkillers and alcohol helped speed up his death.

Now I don't know about any alcohol, but we all know Angle's been using painkillers to get by the last 3+ years. With all of the neck problems and other injuries that we have known, not known about, how much pain killers has he been taking over the years?

We all love Kurt, but look at the big picture. Angle REFUSED to goto rehab. Vince told him to go and get help for his sake, but Angle didn't want to. Remember the last time it happened? Yeah that guy just returned last Monday and he looked pretty damn good. Vince had no other choice but to let Angle go of his contract.

How is that making Vince look like an idiot? By making a guy so hard headed and too full of pride to even go to a rehab center to help him get his head straight while at the same time heal his injuries? If he didn't release Angle and let Angle continue to wrestle, what would happen with Angle? Would we have to mourn the passing of Angle in a hotel room the morning before a Smackdown taping?

Once Angle finally realizes he has a problem, gets the help he NEEDS, then he will be back. Don't blame Vince that Kurt has too much self pride.

Blue Demon
08-27-2006, 09:50 AM
^^ True

6to1
08-27-2006, 10:05 AM
yea it looks like kurt in 90 days will go the indy rout. if he does not get help he will be the next jake the snake.

Kane Knight
08-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Kurt's been slowly killing himself for our entertainment. Now, there's something in him that makes him want to peform no matter what, so it's still a selfish motive. But he needs to stop, whether longterm or short term. Pathological competition is bound to get you killed, one way or another, and I hope to fuck that he comes back, but this constant reminder that wrestlers constantly abuse themselves (And others) for our pleasure really diminishes the product.

This is both why they most need a union, and why they are least likely to get one.

YOUR Hero
08-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Bashing Vince for releasing, Kurt... :nono: + :lol: