PDA

View Full Version : WWE Unforgiven Card (So Far)

Tb1
08-29-2006, 03:28 PM
WWE Championship
Tables, Ladders and Chairs

Edge(c) vs. John Cena

Hell In A Cell

Big Show & THe McMahons vs. DeGeneration X

Intercontinental Championship

Johnny Nitro(c) vs. Jeff Hardy

Carlito vs. Randy Orton

Kane vs. Umaga

*Rumored*
WWE Womens Championship

Trish Stratus vs. Lita

With all things considered, I believe this might be a damn good RAW only PPV, Kane-Umaga not considered.

Thoughts/opinions?

Crippla
08-29-2006, 03:39 PM
The last three aren't confirmed either, its just obvious they're gonna be on the card.

Chavo Classic
08-29-2006, 03:41 PM
That looks like a decent card. I might find myself watching my first WWE PPV in almost a year

Goulet
08-29-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm going :D

Afterlife
08-29-2006, 03:50 PM
Nitro/Hardy will rock the casbah. Kane/Umaga will be a definite 'who's gonna win?' situation; after all, Umaga has his streak, but...it's Kane. And yes, it's got Cena, but the TLCwill be good. Look how Edge did with deadweight sandbag Ric Flair. If he can make that work, surely he can make Cena work.

Caged Heat18
08-29-2006, 03:55 PM
The card definetely has a big time feel to it, with two big gimmick matches, in TLC and Hell in the Cell. I think the TLC match will be very good, and surprise people. However, I think using Hell in the Cell for McMahons/Show vs. DX is a waste, although I'm sure Shane and Michaels will each take a sick bump or two.

I'm a big fan of Carlito, so I am looking foward to Carlito/Orton, and the IC title match of Hardy/Nitro has the potential to be good, if each brings their A game. Kane and Umaga could be a decent big man match.

All in all this could be a pretty solid show.

Crippla
08-29-2006, 04:00 PM
It has to be a lot better than SummerSlam too and it does look like a decent card. I'll be doing my predictions once the card is finalized.

Azriel
08-29-2006, 04:04 PM
I think Lita will lose the title before Unforgiven, because it would be kinda pointless to pout up the Title if its both of their last match

Savio
08-29-2006, 04:07 PM
very good card (Club 17k)

Rammsteinmad
08-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Too my knowledge a TLC and a HIAC on one card has never been done. I get the feeling they're trying to cram so much big stuff into one event... still... sounds good, so I won't complain.

Crippla
08-29-2006, 05:26 PM
I think Lita will lose the title before Unforgiven, because it would be kinda pointless to pout up the Title if its both of their last match

I know Lita and Trish's contracts expire this year but Unforgiven isn't necessarily their last match. I do know Trish will be taking a break(possibly not returning) after Unforgiven as she is getting married but I still see Lita vs. Trish at Unforgiven.

Mr. Nerfect
08-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Lita vs. Trish Stratus will likely happen at Unforgiven, I just don't think it will be for the Women's Championship. Trish will win, and then get a proper send-off in Toronto.

The Intercontinental Championship Match should be pretty sweet. I think they should find a way to get Shelton Benjamin in there. That would be even sweeter. Hell, add Rob Conway. That could make it a MOTY candidate.

I'm kind of looking forward to Umaga vs. Kane. Umaga winning really does nothing for him. He's already gotten wins over Triple H, Shawn Michaels and John Cena. Not many people care. Kane should go over as a reward for, you know, making the WWE millions of dollars. He won't, though.

The Hell in a Cell kind of intrigues me, as the ECW World Champion is involved. DX will likely go over, which is a crime. Why can't the WWE at least try with their World Champions? I suppose Big Show could lose the ECW Title on Sci-Fi between then and now, after DX get involved in an Extreme Rules Match, just to put over the feud a bit more. They could have ECW guys storm the Cell at Unforgiven, and beat-down Big Show, allowing DX to win. I'm 90% certain Triple H & Shawn Michaels are going over, but I just hope Shane McMahon and someone from ECW (probably Sabu) do enough crazy shit to make me forgive the first Hell in a Cell in almost a year being wasted on The McMahons. This may be worthwhile if someone goes to the top of the Cell.

Randy Orton vs. Carlito will be good. Sleeper match right there. Carlito will go over, and I will love it. I can see them adding one more possible match to the card. The Spirit Squad vs. The Highlanders for the World Tag Team Championship seems most probable at this stage. I think Toronto will get behind a Highlanders title win, because The Highlanders are actually Canadian aren't they?

As for a Heat Match, have Harry Smith (Descendant of Bret Hart in Toronto? That's going to be huge) team up with Val Venis (another Canadian) to face Charlie Haas & Viscera, or another heel team. It would be a great warm-up for the crowd.

I may actually order Unforgiven, and I've stopped watching RAW.

Caged Heat18
08-29-2006, 06:21 PM
Randy Orton vs. Carlito will be good. Sleeper match right there. Carlito will go over, and I will love it.

:y: Totally agree, I believe it will be the sleeper match of the night, and it will be very good. However, I think if the rumors are true of Orton to begin a feud with Triple H, though he'll have to get a win to try to look strong going into a feud with him. But for the record I would love to see Carlito win too.

NoRoolz
08-30-2006, 09:22 AM
This will be the first P.P.V I've watched since January. And it looks pretty good. I agree about the hell in the cell match maybe not being used in the right context, but with Shane and HBK in there, with chance of ECW interference, it could be really good.

Londoner
08-30-2006, 11:04 AM
I hope this PPV is free in the UK. Seems like a good card.

Mr. Nerfect
08-31-2006, 01:21 AM
-The Highlanders win the World Tag Team Championship from Kenny & Mikey with the Rocket Launcher.

-Trish Stratus defeats Lita with the Stratusfaction.

-Jeff Hardy defeats Johnny Nitro via disqualification, when Nitro hits Hardy with the belt, and then beats Hardy down.

-Chris Masters holds a Masterlock Challenge, which is answered by Rob Conway, but it never gets underway, as Conway attacks Masters with the steel chair, solidifying his face turn.

-DX defeats Big Show, Vince McMahon and Shane McMahon with a Sweet Chin Music/Pedigree combination on Vince McMahon.

-Carlito defeats Randy Orton with the Backcracker.

-Kane defeats Umaga with a Chokeslam, ending his undefeated streak.

-Edge defeats John Cena in a TLC Match to retain the WWE Championship, forcing John Cena to SmackDown!.

That's how I would set out the PPV. Kane and Carlito get their spots after the Hell in a Cell Match, because the WWE is going to need top faces with John Cena gone (and for the record, I think he should go to SmackDown!). Turning their matches into "main event" matches, and having them go over, does this.

Dorkchop
08-31-2006, 01:37 AM
A TLC match should be with multiple people. Yes, Edge vs Flair was actually good. When I think of TLC, I think of multiple people using tables, ladders, and chairs, in multiple ways. It does have potential to be pretty good though. I find Cena works a lot better in a hardcore type enviroment. It probably won't be anything near an RVD or Christian ladder match, but it will be

Unless this is the end of DX / McMahon feud, this match should not be in a hell in a cell. The whole point of a hell in a cell is to settle the score and feud once and for all in there. That's actually supposed to be the main purpose to a lot of the gimmick matches.

Sillyness aside, this PPV is shaping up to actually be good. Too bad I can't watch PPVs.

Boondock Saint
08-31-2006, 02:37 AM
Damn, I wasn't planning on getting another PPV until the Survivor Series...but this is actually shaping up to be pretty good. I love Vince/Shane, so them in HIAC is almost enough to get me to order...

I can't remember the last time I ordered the Unforgiven PPV.

JTB31
08-31-2006, 03:27 AM
This is how I would book it.

Highlanders defeat the SQ for the Tag Titles.Kenny walks out mid match leaving his partner all alone.

Nitro retains vs Hardy with help from Melina but Melina does suffer the twist of fate in the process.

Umaga defeats Kane by DQ as Kane goes crazy and starts hammering Umaga with a Chair and then he chokeslams Estrada.Kane goes to set Umaga on fire but security intervenes only to Have Kane chokeslam all of them.But Umaga is able to excape with Estrada.I would also have Kane return with his Mask.

Orton to defeat Carlito with 2 RKO's.

Trish over Lita due to help from Jericho who returns for 1 night only.

Mcmahons&Show over DX due to the Undertaker being in Vince's back pocket and he comes down and takes out Shawn putting him on the shelf which will eventually lead up to an HBK vs Taker match at WM.Orton will interfere in this match which will lead to an Orton vs HHH feud.

Edge over Cena which ofcourse will send Cena to Smackdown.

Dave Youell
08-31-2006, 04:37 AM
I can't see Umaga losing, he's gone over HHH,HBK and Cena, what sense does it make for him to job to Kane, who isn't on a push right now.

Orton needs this win after Summerslam, can't see him losing at all.

Can't see the logic behind booking a HIAC with 3 on 2 when last time it was like 10 on 2 and DX STILL won, I can see the Mcmahons getting the win though, this thing could go all the way to Survivor Series to end it. Team McMahon Vs Team DX

I can also see Trish doing the job, she doesn't need the win, she's still going to get a decent send of, plus how many times have you seen someone win on the way out? A worker should leave facing the lights IMO.

I really hope Cena breaks out some high spots in the TLC, it's a really tricky one to call, as Smackdown can really do with some talent on the roster to boost the ratings, but at the same time there's no future plans I've heard of for Edge to feud with anyone else as HHH is going to pair off with Orton, unless there's an HBK/Edge mini feud, but he's getting surgery and/or feuding with Vince. I think Cena will get the win, but I'd rather he lose to get him back on Smackdown

Pinnacle Charisma
08-31-2006, 08:40 AM
Just once I would love the wwe to surprise us and have Carlitto go over Orton

The Optimist
08-31-2006, 10:39 AM
I don't think anyone has said anything about the fact that all the DX stuff culminates to this, with all the talks since. . .what October of sending people to Hell. . .
Vince meant Hell, Hell in a Cell.

Afterlife
08-31-2006, 05:52 PM
....What?

Russenmafia
08-31-2006, 06:03 PM
Its the most promising looking card for a single brand PPV since this years No Way Out. Whilst NWO 2006 looked good on paper, it was a solid PPV. Hopefully this one lives up to the billing.

Crippla
08-31-2006, 07:05 PM
Undertaker/Angle match from No Way Out was a good match.

Mr. Nerfect
09-02-2006, 02:17 AM
Umaga defeats Kane by DQ as Kane goes crazy and starts hammering Umaga with a Chair and then he chokeslams Estrada.Kane goes to set Umaga on fire but security intervenes only to Have Kane chokeslam all of them.But Umaga is able to excape with Estrada.I would also have Kane return with his Mask.

Yeah, it just occured to me before that they'll go the DQ route. Makes Kane look strong and powerful, keeps Umaga "undefeated". I see him actually putting Umaga on the shelf kind of thing. Umaga defeats Eugene next week, then goes to defeat Hacksaw Jim Duggan the next, but gets attacked by Kane, winning via DQ. Kane says that Umaga is "Unforgiven", etc. At Unforgiven, Kane gets a steel chair, goes to town on Umaga.

The for the next few weeks, Armando Alejando Estrada marches random heels against Kane, but they all get defeated by the Big Red Machine. Umaga and Kane have another match at Cyber Sunday, and the fans vote on whether or not it will be Weapon of Choice, Inferno or First Blood.

This is just a random idea, and I don't know how likely it is, but if they're going to have John Cena win the WWE Championship again (which is likely, as if the WWE would send a big-ish name to SmackDown!), I hope they do it when Chris Benoit runs out, attacks Edge and reminds him that he has lost a TLC Match, and he takes it personally that he would forget. Chris Benoit is probably the only guy who will be able to get John Cena over in Canada. Then trade Chris Benoit for Carlito, push Carlito on SmackDown! and have an Edge vs. Benoit feud on RAW. It might get me to start watching again.

John Cena should go to SmackDown!, however. I think this whole angle is just a way to get "The Marine" promoted on SmackDown!, though.