PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see come on a WWE DVD for 2007?

mrslackalack
09-01-2006, 03:04 PM
We are anticipating the several releases coming out for 2006 and before we will know it the time will come for possible releases for 2007. My question is what DVD do you hope WWE makes in 07?

Possible Releases

Royal Rumble Anthology (confirmed for a future release date)
Summerslam Anthology (confirmed for a future release date)
John Cena The Time is Now (confirmed for a future release date)
ECW Bloodsport 2 (confirmed for a future release date)
Von Erichs/World Class (confirmed on a Ross Report)
Terry Funk (said in an interview not long ago they was negoating for one since they have most of the footage)
4 Horsemen(confirmed for a while but for some reason has never come out yet)
Best of Saturday Nights Main Event (poll question on WWE.com)
Best of Starrcade (poll question on WWE.com)

DVDs Id like to see

Steamboat
Hennig
Flair Vol 2
Bret Vol 2
Greatest Tag Teams in wrestling
Bulldog
Angle

Caged Heat18
09-01-2006, 03:09 PM
I would love a Survivor Series anthology set. I'm a huge fan of the early days of Survivor Series when they had nothing but elimination tag matches.

The One
09-01-2006, 03:10 PM
Flair, Angle, Jericho, and of course the Best of Horsemen (since I know they would never release just a Blanchard DVD :()

Avenger
09-01-2006, 03:12 PM
:drool: @ a horsemen dvd

mrslackalack
09-01-2006, 03:18 PM
:drool: @ a horsemen dvd

A 2 disc Horsemen Set was supposed to come out in 2004 then it got delayed till 05, well it did not come out in 05 and was not on the list for 06, but there was never anything regarding a cancellation to it.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
09-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Linda McMahon: CEOs & Low Blows.

Tracking the on-air performances and storylines of the most controversial McMahon family member.

See exclusive footage and interviews with WWE superstars giving their feelings on Linda's support of Mick Foley going into WM2000, the drugged angle leading up to WMX7, her one night heel turn on Raw, and much more.

Special Features:

Low Blow Archive: Endless replays of the low blows Linda has dished out, including those performed on Vince, Jim Ross, and others. Complete with slow-down and dramatic sound effects.

Botched Finishers: Every botched finisher Linda has taken during her historic career, including the yard off the ground tombstone, the collapsed stunner, and more.

DVD will feature the option of high quality digital sound or original monotone.

The One
09-01-2006, 03:40 PM
I love you Jabba.

Russenmafia
09-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Angle
Jericho
Rock
Austin

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
09-02-2006, 04:34 AM
I love you Jabba.
Should I be scared? :(

Destor
09-02-2006, 04:38 AM
No, you should be sore.

ddpBANG
09-02-2006, 06:11 AM
Something that's mainly WCW based. Best of Nitro, maybe.

D Mac
09-02-2006, 06:14 AM
I don't want to see anybody cum on a WWE DVD. That's disgusting.

Impeccable
09-02-2006, 06:17 AM
Have we ever had an Owen Hart DVD?

Also, is there an Eddie Guerrero memorial DVD?

I wouldn't mind seeing a "Best Of Triple H" DVD, as well os the obvious Kurt Angle DVD.

I also thought we could see a "History of the WWE Titles boxset" at some point.

Londoner
09-02-2006, 06:19 AM
Angle
Jericho
Rock
Austin

Same here.

srnrew
09-02-2006, 01:03 PM
My choices:

Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat
"Macho Man" Randy Savage
"The Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase
"The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith (Hopefully with an interview from Dynamite Kid)
Owen Hart
Dean Malenko (Hopefully with his matches against Mysterio and Jericho back in WCW)
"Ravishing" Rick Rude
"Mr. Perfect" Curt Henning
and finally the greatest tag team to me THE MIDNIGHT EXPRESS!!! :y:
http://mxmark.smugmug.com/photos/18633252-M.jpghttp://mxmark.smugmug.com/photos/18633253-L.jpg

Xero
09-02-2006, 02:34 PM
The Rise and Fall of WCW is a given, but maybe not in 2007.

Corndad
09-02-2006, 02:41 PM
The Rise and Fall of WCW is a given, but maybe not in 2007.

I would say they kinda covered that in the Monday Night Wars DVD

But My hopes would be...

Royal Rumble Anthology
SummerSlam Anthology
Angle DVD, I'd love to see that, but not sure if they can now that he's not under a contract, meaning I know they own the match footage, but wouldn't actually have his commentary in it?
Million Dollar Man DVD
The Best Tag Teams DVD is a great idea too, heck they did Managers they could do a Tag Team one.

FourFifty
09-02-2006, 03:00 PM
I would like to see a simple "In Memory Of..." DVD set. Don't focus on one wrestler, and give it a time span of wrestlers who passed away. Have a few of their matches, and some mini bios. Nothing huge on one person.

Xero
09-02-2006, 03:10 PM
I would say they kinda covered that in the Monday Night Wars DVD
I'd say they could do a HELL of a lot better job if they do it in the style of the ECW documentary.

They obviously aren't afraid to denounce themselves now, what with, from what I heard, relativly true McMahon DVD.

beatzNrhymez
09-02-2006, 05:16 PM
The Dynamite Kid

Caged Heat18
09-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Million Dollar Man DVD

:y: I would love that too.

FourFifty
09-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Not for any matches but I'd cream my pants if they made a "WWWF to WWE" dvd, that just talks about how the company grew. Start it off by talking about Jess McMahon's wrestling/boxing promotion, explain the transfer of power to Vince Sr, to Vince. Talk about the good times, the bad times, and the iconic events that made the company. Have older wrestlers talk about the WWF, talk about what else was going on in the industry (Smoky Mt Wrestling, NWA, WCW, ECW, whatever else was out there) and how they changed wrestling.
That would be awesome for people who want to learn more about the history of the industry.

Maybe a "Road Stories" dvd with just wrestlers talking about stories from the road. Kinda like the book, only you hear the wrestlers instead of reading about it.

Dorkchop
09-02-2006, 07:10 PM
* Angle
* Jericho
* Rock
* A rise and fall type DVD for WCW that has more info than the Monday Night Wars
* Macho Man

I've always said this, but the WWE needs to start releasing DVDs for WCW and ECW featuring thei best matches. Just throw in random awesome matches. They could explain the build up for each match before if needed. They could release so many DVDs and make a lot of money.

Sadistic
09-02-2006, 09:29 PM
WWE's Greatest Ladder Matches

DISC 1

WrestleMania X (March 20, 1994)<o></o>
Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels<o></o>
<o></o>
SummerSlam 1995: (August 27, 1995)<o></o>
Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels<o></o>

Summer Slam 1998 (August 30, 1998)<o></o>
Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Rocky Maivia<o></o>>
<o></o>
No Mercy 1999 (October 17, 1999)<o></o>
The Hardy Boyz vs. Edge & Christian
<o></o>
WrestleMania XVI (April 2, 2000)<o></o>
Edge & Christian vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. The Hardy Boyz<o></o>
<o></o>
Summer Slam 2000 (August 27, 2000)<o></o>
Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. The Dudley Boyz<o></o>
<o></o>
Royal Rumble 2001 (January 21, 2001)<o></o>
Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit<o></o>
<o></o>
WrestleMania X-Seven (April 1, 2001)<o></o>>
Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. The Dudley Boyz<o></o>

Smackdown May 24, 2001<o></o>
Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit vs. Edge & Christian vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. The Hardy Boyz<o></o>
<o></o>
Judgment Day 2001 (May 20, 2001)<o></o>
Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit

DISC 2
<o></o>
Summer Slam 2001 (August 19, 2001)<o></o>
Rob Van Dam vs. Jeff Hardy<o></o>
<o></o>
No Mercy 2001 (October 21, 2001)<o></o>
Edge vs. Christian<o></o>
<o></o>
RAW May 27, 2002<o></o>
Rob Van Dam vs. Eddie Guerrero<o></o>
<o></o>
RAW July 1, 2002<o></o>
The Undertaker vs. Jeff Hardy<o></o>
<o></o>
RAW October 7, 2002<o></o>
Kane vs. Rob Van Dam & Jeff Hardy vs. Bubba Ray Dudley & Spike Dudley vs. Chris Jericho & Christian<o></o>
<o></o>
Armageddon 2002 (December 15, 2002)<o></o>
Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels<o></o>
<o></o>
RAW September 29, 2003<o></o>
Rob Van Dam vs. Christian<o></o>
<o></o>
Unforgiven 2004 (September 12, 2004)<o></o>
Chris Jericho vs. Christian<o></o><o></o>
<o></o>
WrestleMania XXI (April 3, 2005)<o></o>
Edge vs. <st1:city w:st="on"><st1>Shelton</st1></st1:city> Benjamin vs. Christian vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kane vs. Chris Benoit<o></o>
<o></o>
Wrestlemania 22 (April 2, 2006)<o></o>
Matt Hardy vs. <st1:city w:st="on"><st1>Shelton</st1></st1:city> Benjamin vs. Fit Finlay vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Ric Flair<o></o>
<o>
</o>

Mr. JL
09-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Chris Jericho DVD

Honestly, HOW THE FUCK have they not come out with this DVD yet?

He's got classic matches in Japan, ECW, WCW, WWF, WWE...

Mr. JL
09-02-2006, 10:03 PM
Not too mention he probaby has 2 DVD's worth of promo's and skits.

Xero
09-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Chris Jericho DVD

Honestly, HOW THE FUCK have they not come out with this DVD yet?

He's got classic matches in Japan, ECW, WCW, WWF, WWE...
They technically have, but it was before their DVDs got good. (They got "Good" once the first Hogan DVD came out.)

The One
09-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Actually they never release "Break Down The Walls" on DVD, it was a VHS only. And it didn't have any matches on it. Just a (VERY SHITTY) documentary.

Xero
09-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Huh, you're right. I thought it was at the point where they just started to do the dual releases.

Shaggy
09-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Even though I really dont care for them to make one....Im waiting for them to do one on The Rock....Rock said in a interview that he is 100% done with wrestling now so I would assume WWE could go ahead and start a wrestling career dvd on him...It will sell....not to me...but it will sell.

El Fangel
09-02-2006, 11:42 PM
For me a dvd/s of the Hardcore title every match if not every the best ones and the ones where they changed hands, starting at Foley and ending at Dreamer.

Executioner
09-02-2006, 11:53 PM
Greatest Specialty Matches

...covering classic NWA types like War Games and the Thunderdome cage to the new styles in the WWE like Hell in a Cell and the Elimination Chamber...

Xero
09-02-2006, 11:57 PM
WWE GIMMICKS!: The horrible Gimmick series volumes 1 through 85 (Part 1 of 5)

The One
09-03-2006, 12:05 AM
For me a dvd/s of the Hardcore title every match if not every the best ones and the ones where they changed hands, starting at Foley and ending at Dreamer.

Do you have ANY idea how many times the Hardcore Title changed hands? I mean christ Raven was like a 37 time Champ, I have yet to find a single site that lists all of them...(Information Archieve is close, but I know of a few house show switches they missed)

And not too be too picky, but Rob Van Dam was the last Hardcore Champion...

Xero
09-03-2006, 12:08 AM
Do you have ANY idea how many times the Hardcore Title changed hands? I mean christ Raven was like a 37 time Champ, I have yet to find a single site that lists all of them...(Information Archieve is close, but I know of a few house show switches they missed)

And not too be too picky, but Rob Van Dam was the last Hardcore Champion...
Yeah, but at least half of all the reigns/segments were a minute or less, so they could pull off a two (three for padding) disk DVD of every segement I would imagine.

Although I'd be happy with just a DVD of all of Cash's segments. The ball pit one = :heart:.

RIP Crash :'(

El Fangel
09-03-2006, 12:13 AM
More or less what I meant was all the memorable matchs and title exchanges not all the minute and a half title reigns or any of that bullshit, while I suppose showing the title changing hands might help keep track. Also I know RVD was, but in my mind it was Dreamer, because a) He is known to be more Hardcore, and b) The title was unified and never defended again.

Mr. Nerfect
09-03-2006, 01:01 AM
Chris Jericho: The Ayatollah Anthology

Kurt Angle: Extreme Wrestling Machine

Dean Malenko: The Ice Man Cometh

Basically DVDs which feature many of the matches these men have had. Make them about three-discs each.

Kurt Angle: I Really Didn't Suck

[B]Chris Jericho: Heart of a Lion, King of the World

Basically a bunch of their skits, scattered some some of their greatest in-ring moments. Would feature some of their more important matches only, with a lot of promos. Would go well with their anthology sets.

The Cruiserweight Collection

Mayhem: Wrestling's greatest Ladder Matches

Hell Highway: Complete Hell in a Cell Collection

The SmackDown! Six: Greatest SmackDown! Matches

All pretty self-explanitory. The last one would just feature the matches during the era of Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Edge, Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero and Chavo Guerrero on SmackDown!.

These next two are going to need some explaining:

Paul London & Brian Kendrick: Chaos, Competition and Dedication

OVW: Where Superstars Are Born and Bred

Paul London & Brian Kendrick aren't exactly the guys most craving a DVD right now, but realy think about it, the guys have had better careers in the WWE than most give them credit for. Kendrick had his program with Cena (which would get him noticed), the streaking thing and some solid matches (mainly with Paul London). London has won three Championships in his time, and has had many more great matches within the WWE.

Slap Paul London vs. Akio, Paul London vs. Billy Kidman, Paul London vs. Juventud Guerra, Paul London vs. Chavo Guerrero and other matches on there, and you have more than enough for a "Special Features" part of a DVD. Let London & Kendrick show personality on the set, have Shawn Michaels and Dean Malenko offer their opinions on the guys, and basically just have lots of skits. You will be able to make a 2-disc set easy. Then promote the Hell out of it whenever London & Kendrick defend the Tag Team Championship, and guess what, you may actually be able to get these guys over, and make some money out of them down the line.

The second one is probably even less likely to happen. The WWE owns the rights to the OVW library, but they don't seem to be too interested in using it. Just have loads of OVW matches featuring guys that have made it into the WWE. Nick Dinsmore, Rob Conway, Doug Basham, Danny Basham, Randy Orton, Batista, John Cena, The Spirit Squad, CM Punk, Brent Albright, Chris Masters, Paul London, Big Show, Idol Stevens, MNM, KC James, Victoria, Beth Phoenix, Val Venis, Paul Burchill, Bobby Lashley, Kane, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle and many other have all been inside an OVW ring at some point. Throw it out there for anyone who is interesting in checking out some yellow-roped action.

FourFifty
09-03-2006, 02:41 AM
How about a Bob Backlund dvd?

Avenger
09-03-2006, 07:32 AM
Angle DVD, I'd love to see that, but not sure if they can now that he's not under a contract, meaning I know they own the match footage, but wouldn't actually have his commentary in it?
Angle will most likely sign a non-wrestling deal with WWE in the near future.

D Mac
09-03-2006, 07:34 AM
X Pac - Rise of a no-talent piece of shit

jimmy012345
09-03-2006, 11:34 AM
what about they put some of the matches from 24/7 of dvd. i dont care where its from

owenbrown
09-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Linda McMahon: CEOs & Low Blows.

Tracking the on-air performances and storylines of the most controversial McMahon family member.

See exclusive footage and interviews with WWE superstars giving their feelings on Linda's support of Mick Foley going into WM2000, the drugged angle leading up to WMX7, her one night heel turn on Raw, and much more.

Special Features:

Low Blow Archive: Endless replays of the low blows Linda has dished out, including those performed on Vince, Jim Ross, and others. Complete with slow-down and dramatic sound effects.

Botched Finishers: Every botched finisher Linda has taken during her historic career, including the yard off the ground tombstone, the collapsed stunner, and more.

DVD will feature the option of high quality digital sound or original monotone.
I have tears in my eyes right now just from reading this :rofl: The sad part is that someone will actually BUY this :shifty: But in all serious there should be an Angle DVD and Jericho DVD that should come out. :y:

Oh yeah, they should have made a DVD about Christian too. :yes: