PDA

View Full Version : How much of an impact could the internet wrestling community really have?

Avenger
09-04-2006, 04:14 PM
So how big do you think the internet wrestling community really is?

I mean, say we all decided to stop watching RAW for a week. And say about 75% of us actually did it. How much of an effect could we really have? How badly could we hit the ratings?

Rob
09-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Put it this way, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Tazz and possibly Rey Misterio would have had very different careers.

Avenger
09-04-2006, 04:35 PM
Obviously. But what sort of effect do you think we could have if we all tuned out of RAW for 2 weeks starting today? Wouldn't happen but how many of the internet wrestling community do you reckon there are?

FourFifty
09-04-2006, 04:37 PM
If we could get a large tight knit group up we might be able to get Kane Knight or someone a job as a writer.

Avenger
09-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Na, Rob or The One for booker.

KK a close third though.

Xero
09-04-2006, 04:46 PM
If every single wrestling fan on the internet (not counting casual sheep) didn't watch for one show, I'd say it would be no more than a 25% drop.

Kane Knight
09-04-2006, 04:49 PM
None. 5 people in the entire IWC would do this. The rest are all sad fucking addicts who are too whiny for their own good, but too stupid to realise the only thing that'll change wrestling is a sheer spike in ratings, or even that watching something you don't like is fucking stupid.

No impact whatsoever. They're a fanbase of unwavering stupidity.

redoneja
09-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Na, Rob or The One for booker.

KK a close third though.

As much as I respect these guys as posters and everything, I think it would be a terrible idea to put a member of the IWC as a booker.

Xero
09-04-2006, 05:06 PM
As much as I respect these guys as posters and everything, I think it would be a terrible idea to put a member of the IWC as a booker.
Couldn't be worse than a Spongebob writer.

Actually, you have a point. Vince Russo had an IWC mind. Some good ideas, but without someone to filter everything, we'd be taking (figurative) shits bigger than Big Show after an all you can eat Mexican/Chinese buffet.

Volare
09-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Actually, you have a point. Vince Russo had an IWC mind. Some good ideas, but without someone to filter everything, we'd be taking (figurative) shits bigger than Big Show after an all you can eat Mexican/Chinese buffet.

talk about putting a visual in your mind. Agreed though.

YOUR Hero
09-04-2006, 06:04 PM
How many people from the Internet wrestling community have Nielsen boxes or whatever they are called that monitors TV watching trends and numbers.

Kane Knight
09-04-2006, 06:53 PM
How many people from the Internet wrestling community have Nielsen boxes or whatever they are called that monitors TV watching trends and numbers.

Well, it's not hard to become one.

Plus, Nielsens are no longer the only way to tell who's watching what. Though they're the mainstay, they're not exclusively.

YOUR Hero
09-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Are we fighting?

RVDmark
09-04-2006, 08:21 PM
I don't see how having someone from the IWC could be any worse than it it is now. Unless of course your a big fan of cock jokes, in which case you LOVE Raw right now.

Destor
09-04-2006, 08:32 PM

RVDmark
09-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Also, if were giving posters on here a WWE job I would like to put forward Xero Limit 126 up for the job of WWE caption correspondant. maybe a few captions could be shown every week instead of "back to school-girl" *shudder* matches

RVDmark
09-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Or maybe even wrestling could be on instead of "back to school-girl" matches. Nah nevermind

Destor
09-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Alienoid is the only person I would recomend for a position in wrestling.

YOUR Hero
09-04-2006, 08:54 PM
This thread need a picture of a pie.

(pork pie)
http://www.formanandfield.com/Images/products/f3161a.jpg

Kane Knight
09-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Are we fighting?

If we're not, the makeup sex is going to be rather...Awkward.

Kane Knight
09-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Alienoid is the only person I would recomend for a position in wrestling.

WWE'd go bankrupt.

Avenger
09-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Alienoid is the equivalent of a...

WWE booker!

so where is the solution here?

YOUR Hero
09-05-2006, 12:26 AM
Yeah I was alluding to a hope for make up sex :D

Kane Knight
09-05-2006, 09:10 AM
Alienoid is the equivalent of a...

WWE booker!

so where is the solution here?

He's better because of the sheer comedy of Val Venis, Doug Basham, or whoever else he mentions being WHC.

He's worse because casual fans care less about these people than Wadding does, and he's got no way to actually make people care, within the confines.

Destor
09-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Oh no KK you got it all wrong, Alienoid wouldn't book for the WWE (decide who gets pushes.) He would write.

Let the bookers decides who gets the push, let Alienoid go from there. Alienoid the booker could very well run the company into the ground (no offense buddy [Doug Basham will NEVER be that over.])

But what he can do is handle talent and play to their strengths. As long as he cant pick who gets the push Alienoid is your man. You tell him Sharkboy is going to win the title and he will right you a masterpiece, now just think of what he could do with talented wrestlers?

Kane Knight
09-05-2006, 09:46 AM
Oh no KK you got it all wrong, Alienoid wouldn't book for the WWE (decide who gets pushes.) He would write.

Actually, it doesn't matter either way.

Kane Knight
09-05-2006, 09:46 AM
Also, "and he's got no way to actually make people care, within the confines." still applies, despite your claims of masterpieces.

Destor
09-05-2006, 09:49 AM
I disagree. I think he can write an entertaining storyline. But its all just preference.

Kane Knight
09-05-2006, 09:54 AM
You also disqualify yourself by insisting you love everything, even shitty wrestling.

You've been very high on the prouct at a point where ratings continue to have severe dips.

Sorry if my faith isn't strong in the opinion of a guy who admits he wallows in his own shit.

Destor
09-05-2006, 10:03 AM
I try to remain optimistic. There is always something to be enjoyed in wrestling, almost especially bad wrestling (makes me feel better about my career :lol:.)

When I watch wrestling it reminds me of times in the ring, it brings me fond memories. Even bad wrestling, certain things take me back to an experience I've had, or a memory from childhood watching with my father; and I love that because I love being in the ring and I love the times I've shared with my family watching wrestling.

Wrestling is a part of me, in a lot of ways it defines me. It is and has been a VERY large part of my life, and I love that. It's hard for not to able to find enjoyment even out of the worst matches.

But wrestling to you is a pass time, to me its a way to relive the past. Or to come up with a new idea in the ring, or a way to handle a situation. I get something completely different from wrestling then you do.

Also ratings don't mean anything to me when it comes to me liking the product, I'm not a sheep.

Destor
09-05-2006, 10:05 AM
Wrestling has a way of putting a smile on my face, and I appreciate that.

TerranRich
09-05-2006, 10:13 AM
Count me in for Alienoid as writer, not booker. He can write amazingly entertaining (to us anyway) storylines. Let Vince push whomever he wants, then Alienoid take care of the rest.

Destor
09-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Count me in for Alienoid as writer, not booker. He can write amazingly entertaining (to us anyway) storylines. Let Vince push whomever he wants, then Alienoid take care of the rest.I think that if Alienoid was writing for the public, (and not himself as he is here) his potential would be limitless.

Avenger
09-05-2006, 10:38 AM
come on!!!

he's not that fucking good guys.

Yeah he can put together a good story, who the hell can't?

The only reason people like him so much is because he has the patience to write ten paragraphs on here.

Rob
09-05-2006, 01:19 PM

I'd pick at least 10 people from this board alone over the cunts currently writing for the fed now.

Even all those people obsessed with CM Punk would be fine with me in comparison.

Avenger
09-05-2006, 01:37 PM
lol

Kane Knight
09-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Also ratings don't mean anything to me when it comes to me liking the product, I'm not a sheep.

Good for you, but once again, you managed to miss it. Not the point.

Destor
09-05-2006, 03:29 PM
You miss the point. I don't care about your point.

Destor
09-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Ratings can dip, I will remain optimistic. Thats just my nature.

Kane Knight
09-05-2006, 03:32 PM
Also, I loved the whole "I'm not a sheep" argument, even though you just gushed about incredibly sheepish behaviour regarding wrestling in the first place.

come on!!!

he's not that fucking good guys.

Yeah he can put together a good story, who the hell can't?

The only reason people like him so much is because he has the patience to write ten paragraphs on here.

It's not even that good a story. My theory is that the IWC has ADHD, and just judges the ideas by volume. I think that if, say, Canadian Crippla' and Alienoid had the same idea, but DCC said it in one paragraph as opposed to 50, he'd get flamed and Alienod'd get praised.

His writing is cohesive but unrealistic. It's more like those fanfics where some nerd gets to bang 7 of 9 than a solid story. But it's long, it's anally thorough, and it plays to something other than what Vince McMahon puts on the air.

Kane Knight
09-05-2006, 03:33 PM
You miss the point. I don't care about your point.

Then you're a retard for arguing with me over my point. :)

Destor
Sure man.

Destor
Have fun with that.

Kane Knight
09-05-2006, 03:34 PM
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Destor
09-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Riveting, please do continue.

TerranRich
09-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Shall I dig up that old "arguing on the Internet" picture?

Destor
09-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Oh the argument is over. KK is flaming a dead horse now. You'll need a new pic for that.

Shaved Monkey
09-05-2006, 03:41 PM

lol

You're such a loser, Kane Knight.

Rob
09-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Kane Knight loser? Just reading stuff like this and watch people argue with him when they clear have no clue is a huge mark in the CONS column for IWC fans as wrestling writers.

Better Than You
09-05-2006, 04:25 PM
You started it, how is HE the retard?

Rob
09-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Because he said he doesn't care about KK's point and yet is arguing over it.

How hard is that to figure out?

Better Than You
09-05-2006, 05:32 PM
No, he never argued the quoted point. KK was being a dick.

Petethegeekstreet
09-05-2006, 05:40 PM
KK, its seems like you're the one who cant comprehend what the other guy is saying. Its like you donm't even read the post, you go into auto-flame; and when you do you stop caring how stupid you become.

Destor
09-05-2006, 05:43 PM
this is ridiculous. :nono:

Destor
09-05-2006, 05:44 PM
Drop it people.

Destor
09-05-2006, 05:44 PM
KKs trolling, nothing new. I tripped over my tounge, nothing new.

Mister Sinister
09-05-2006, 06:01 PM
I'll just take the TNA Writer Job...I can't do an worser job then the company already.

Kane Knight
09-05-2006, 06:09 PM
KKs trolling, nothing new. I tripped over my tounge, nothing new.

Sorry, it's not trolling, except in the pussy "everyone who disagrees with me is trolling" fashion.

Kane Knight
09-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Because he said he doesn't care about KK's point and yet is arguing over it.

How hard is that to figure out?

Some people lack comprehension skills.

Destor
09-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Sorry, it's not trolling, except in the pussy "everyone who disagrees with me is trolling" fashion.Oh bull shit. all you do is troll the forums. Nobody can really be THAT anal with out trying.

Kane Knight
09-05-2006, 06:30 PM
:lol:

Sorry, you're full of it.

Destor
09-05-2006, 07:47 PM
I gave you a little credit. I thought you were just trolling/playing devils advocate in most situations; considering how wishy washy you are from one day to another. Since this isn't the case I must say you must be seriously handicapped to spit out some the drek you do here. You've got to be joking right?

Avenger
09-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Also, I loved the whole "I'm not a sheep" argument, even though you just gushed about incredibly sheepish behaviour regarding wrestling in the first place.

It's not even that good a story. My theory is that the IWC has ADHD, and just judges the ideas by volume. I think that if, say, Canadian Crippla' and Alienoid had the same idea, but DCC said it in one paragraph as opposed to 50, he'd get flamed and Alienod'd get praised.

His writing is cohesive but unrealistic. It's more like those fanfics where some nerd gets to bang 7 of 9 than a solid story. But it's long, it's anally thorough, and it plays to something other than what Vince McMahon puts on the air.

yeah no doubt Aleinoid is a good writer. Cohesive etc. etc. Just not what us high and might IWC fans are looking for ;)

Avenger
09-05-2006, 10:14 PM
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="70%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>vBulletin Message</TD></TR><TR><TD class=panelsurround align=middle><!-- main error message -->You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kane Knight again.
<!-- / main error message -->

<!-- <input type="submit" class="button" value="Go Back" accesskey="s" onclick="history.back(1); return false" />
--></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- forum jump -->

TerranRich
09-06-2006, 12:48 PM
http://guy.troll.free.fr/images/Bannieres/Troll.jpg
Troll Xing

Kane Knight
09-06-2006, 01:06 PM
http://guy.troll.free.fr/images/Bannieres/Troll.jpg
Troll Xing

That is such bullshit.

...My tail is waaaay longer.