PDA

View Full Version : Movies you were scared of when you were little and how you got over them.

My Final Heaven
09-09-2006, 12:41 AM
I was scared to death of the Chucky movies for the longest time. It was only Chucky too. Freddy, Jason, Zuni Doll from Trilogy of Terror, I've seen them all, and none of them gave me so much as a hiccup. Chucky tho, If one so much as on TV, I would switch it FAST. My brother used to pick on me about it too :mad: . I saw CP1 for the first time in school, when I was 12. It was the part where he was pounding on the door, & screaming "Give me the boy and I'll let you live!!!" that really struck it with me & creeped me out. I think what got me over it was seeing Bride and Seed of Chucky. See, what always made him scary was that face that could go from innocent to snarling w/ flaring nostrils in a second. After CP3 tho, he was stitched back together, which pretty much defeated any scaryness he had. Original Chucky also really looked like a kid that terrorized me from 1st-6th Grade. Just change the red hair for a blonde crewcut, :lol:. Well, discuss movies that scared/creeped you out.

Buzzkill
09-09-2006, 04:01 AM
Jurassic Park, still not over it.

Blitz
09-09-2006, 04:17 AM
When I was like 5 or 6, I saw this flick on TV called Rawhead Rex. Scared the hell out of me, could barely sleep for a month. Then like 10 years later I happened to think of it while cruising the net, looked it up, and realized this is what I was scared of:

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9333/attachmentxh1.jpg

:|

Extreme Angle
09-09-2006, 05:53 AM
The Exorcist... Dad and Cousins locked me in the living room when i was 5 and made me watch it with them, music was very loud to... Still can't watch it now :$

Skippord
09-09-2006, 06:19 AM
Independence Day...dunno why

Shaggy
09-09-2006, 08:37 AM
Earnest Scared Stupid.....yea...im not kidding...

Im still not over it and its been like over 10 years....

Impeccable
09-09-2006, 09:03 AM
I was at the cinema and a trailer that had been classified as PG (parental guidance) came on for Chucky part 1. I didn't watch the movie, and I was about 6, so the idea of an evil toy scared me shitless.

I got over it when my parents sat down and watched it with me, talking me through that it was a movie, and explaining the effects used to do it.

Just John
09-09-2006, 09:12 AM
I was scared shitless by Darth Vader as a kid, so much so that I couldn't sleep, I ended up buying a toy lightsaber and sleeping with it under my pillow.

ClockShot
09-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Starship Troopers. I saw that movie in the theatres when I was very young. Then I rented it a few years later, and it really wasn't that bad.

D Mac
09-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Poltergeist

Especially when that guy dreamed he tore his face off in the sink. But now I think it's fucking cool.

YOUR Hero
09-09-2006, 01:05 PM
AmittyVille Horror. (the original) This movie creeped me out real bad. I went to the theater with a bunch of school buddies back in the day and I was so creeped out, I got up and left after making some lame ass excuse.

My Final Heaven
09-09-2006, 01:08 PM
I got over it when my parents sat down and watched it with me, talking me through that it was a movie, and explaining the effects used to do it.

It was actually pretty awesome how they did the special effects in that movie. I think they built Andy's entire house on a soundstage, with a 6-foot high gap between the floors so puppeteers could run around operating underneath.

Also has anyone seen the movie Fright Night? It's the movie that Don Mancini made before he made Child's Play, it's pretty good too. It has Chris Sarandon (the cop from CP) as a vampire. At the end, when Sarandon transforms into his true form, Mancini was originally going to use that puppet in CP but he thought it was so awesome he ended up using it in Fright Night instead :D.

PapaGeorgio
09-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Ghostbusters 2. Fucking painting man. Who the fuck does he think he is being so god damn creepy.

FakeLaser
09-09-2006, 01:37 PM
When I was really little I was afraid of that part in Home Alone with the furnace. I used to always look away. Yeah I was a pretty big vagina.

Blitz
09-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Earnest Scared Stupid.....yea...im not kidding...

Im still not over it and its been like over 10 years....
lol, me too.

I'm over it, tho.

DMI
09-09-2006, 04:25 PM
IT. still cant watch it or be anywhere near a clown

Hanso Amore
09-09-2006, 07:49 PM
IT. still cant watch it or be anywhere near a clown

Pennywise is the creepiest shit ever...or at least was. ANyonewho saw that movie as a child not knowing what was gona happen = instantly shit their pants

The part where he comes alive in the picture book....

Im going to hide

RBM
09-09-2006, 08:11 PM
'It' for sure.

The People Under the Stairs did a good number on me as a child as well. One of the first horror movies I ever fully watched.

Kalyx triaD
09-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Alien, It.

My Final Heaven
09-09-2006, 11:20 PM
The People Under the Stairs did a good number on me as a child as well. One of the first horror movies I ever fully watched.

Oh god, I remember that one! I was watching the scene where the mother sticks the girl in the scalding water, and I was like "That's awful! This movie's sca... :wtf: why is the steam coming from UNDERNEATH the tub???" :lol:

M-A-G
09-10-2006, 12:56 AM
The Nightmare on Elm Street films. My parents would rent them when I was like 5. The f*ckers.

D Mac
09-10-2006, 01:04 AM
Bambi

Stunnered
09-10-2006, 01:46 AM
I got scared of The Blob. The guy getting sucked down the drain. I had nightmares for a long time.

Blitz
09-10-2006, 01:49 AM
I have never seen It.

Or the Exorcist.

D Mac
09-10-2006, 02:14 AM
The Spongebob Squarepants movie.

Now THATS scary.

OverTaker
09-10-2006, 02:37 AM
lol, I was scared of Kazaam

"Thats not a scary movie!"

Well, You haven't seen Shaq act.

Stickman
09-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Nightmare on Elm Street
Ghostbusters (I loved the movie but wouldn't watch the parts with the big dogs)
Ghostbusters 2
Poltergiest
Halloween
Excorsist
Gremmlins
Tremors
Pet Cemetery

AS for tv shows I was scared of the Xfiles, and Unsolved Mysteries

I'm not over them. I still won't watch most of these.

bigdaddysuperfreak
09-11-2006, 01:20 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">When Thriller came out I was scared of the dead people.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Disturbed316
09-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Yeah, IT fucked me up big time, still hate clowns to this day because of it. Bought it on dvd the other day though for some reason.

PapaGeorgio
09-12-2006, 12:48 AM
X-Files still scares me from time to time...

UmbrellaCorporation
09-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Ferngully. Seriously, Hexxus gave me the creeps. Oil is not supposed to sing.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Alien + Aliens. Didn't watch them for the longest time even though I pretty much knew exactly what happened in both. Just bought the boxset when it was on sale, sat down and watched them all at like 2pm in the afternoon and it was nothing to fret over. Although the deleted bit in Alien when she finds the guy alive was creepy as fuck.