PDA

View Full Version : Is the Bret Hart DVD any good?

GreaseLover
09-12-2006, 06:02 AM
What do you think my friends?

Destor
09-12-2006, 06:05 AM
Yeah. Damn good. I will not give you anymore.

Gray
09-12-2006, 06:54 AM
Yeah, i got it a few weeks ago, dont think i watched all the matches on it, but its brilliant.

Documentary was awesome, i thought it seemed familiar and then i recalled sometime around the Hall of Fame last year they broadcast it [Or bits of it?]

But its great :p, i never noticed how much the US fans disliked Bret towards the end of his career though :p

hb2k
09-12-2006, 08:10 AM
One of the better DVD releases. The extras are perhaps the greatest collection of extras on any DVD, and the documentary is fantastic stuff.

Rob
09-12-2006, 09:20 AM
It's the best they have produced.

Caged Heat18
09-12-2006, 10:27 AM
It's simply awesome.

The MAC
09-12-2006, 10:37 AM
its great but not as good as it should have been. If you watched wrestling with shadows and brets second RF shoot interview you wud have got a LOT more info. The matches on da dvd should have had a bret doing commentary track. Wcw was glossed over ,so wasm montreal

Dorkchop
09-12-2006, 12:05 PM
]Wcw was glossed over ,so wasm montreal

That's because he didn't want the DVD to focus on the Montreal screwjob. It was one horrible day out of his career. It's been talked about so much there really isn't much else to say about it.

There wasn't much about WCW because WCW barely used him. The WCW somehow managed to mis use one of the greatest wrestlers ever who came in after one of the most talked about incidents in wrestling at the time and ever. What was there to talk about anyway?

Basically he didn't want too much focus on the bad parts of his career.

The DVD is pretty awesome. I picked it up shortly after it came out and haven't bought a bigraphical DVD on a wrestler since.

FourFifty
09-12-2006, 01:27 PM
It's good, but not great.

I bought the DVD the week before WM22. I was hyped up about Bret Hart going into the hall of fame, and I wanted to learn more about him. As a Bret Hart fan I felt pretty damn hosed when he didn't come out to the ring at WM22, and thought the DVD wasn't worth 20 bucks. When Bret didn't show up at WM22 I felt that every bad thing that was said about him was vindicated. Bret screwed Bret, and Bret also screwed his fans.

Destor
09-12-2006, 01:35 PM
By not going to a pay-per-view that he never gave any sign he would attend?

Rob
09-12-2006, 02:00 PM
It's good, but not great.

I bought the DVD the week before WM22. I was hyped up about Bret Hart going into the hall of fame, and I wanted to learn more about him. As a Bret Hart fan I felt pretty damn hosed when he didn't come out to the ring at WM22, and thought the DVD wasn't worth 20 bucks. When Bret didn't show up at WM22 I felt that every bad thing that was said about him was vindicated. Bret screwed Bret, and Bret also screwed his fans.

Well you got worked. And now you are bitching about it like a mark so WWE did a great job on you.

Bret Hart said about 1000 times in the month leading to Mania that he wasn't going to the show under any circumstances. WWE didn't say he would be there either. How exactly you are upset because Bret did exactly what he said he would do truly baffles me.

If you were such a big fan of him, you wouldn't have turned your opinion on the basis of one night.

Mug!

FourFifty
09-12-2006, 02:35 PM
I'm just going to make a few quick points...

I don't keep up with every word that is said on the internet. I didn't know that Bret wasn't going to be at mania. I was thinking that he'd be able to be the bigger man for 15 mins, show up, and leave. The WWE could have given HBK a bible and throw him in a locked room for that time period if Bret didn't want to see Shawn. Bret let his pride get in between him and some of his fans. I'm sure a lot of people were looking forward to see Bret at the biggest pay-per-view of the year.

I never claimed be to be "such a big fan" of Bret Hart. Yea, I liked Bret, and my opinion of his didn't turn on the basis of one night. It was a little tarnished, but not turned. I think he's an asshole who can't get over the past, but still one of the best wrestlers of all time. I'll give him credit where credit is due, and all of it is in the ring.

Rob
09-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Bret said 9 years ago he would never be back in a WWE ring. He has refused to appear at 3 different Wrestlemania's now and 2 of which he had million dollar offers to show up.

I promise you nobody bought Wrestlemania because they thought Bret Hart was gonna be there. If they did, they are stupid because they were told over and over he wasn't gonna be there. And you don't have to keep up with the internet, if you were on it once in the 60 days leading up to the show, you know Bret wasn't showing up.

As for people who can't get over the past, it seems to me that the only person who has gotten over the past is infact BRET HART.

Blue Demon
09-12-2006, 03:44 PM
It is a good dvd I give it: :y: :y:

Rammsteinmad
09-12-2006, 05:29 PM
It's a great dvd, but my personal fave is the Benoit one.

The MAC
09-12-2006, 07:56 PM
I said it was a good dvd, not a bad one but it would have been better if :

they added a Bret commentary on the matches. the lil tid bits that he did commentate on like Naitch fucking up leading to Bret dislocating his finger was gold.

IF you wanna know the real story of Brets career you owe it to yourself to get his shoot interviews! He goes so much more into detail there.

BY THE FUCKING WAY:
--------------------
WWE will make bret show up at survivor series 2007!.Cmon, 10 years later and its at the scene of the crime. You know Vince can't let an opportunity like that go to waste. Mcmohan would probably offer Bret $5 million to pop up
and punch him out in the ring- He would even take it the hard way.

mrslackalack
09-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Very good DVD. I put it 2nd only behind Flairs.

FakeLaser
09-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Best wrestling DVD ever.

Makes sense, as Bret Hart is the best wrestler ever.

M-A-G
09-12-2006, 10:15 PM
It's good but be forewarned that if you're not totally into Bret that it's LONG and you'll find that he speaks extremely highly of himself. And if you're looking for Montreal dirt, you're not getting any here. Shawn doesn't even make an appearance outside of the stock footage. Plus you might not be a fan of his picks for matches as some are kind of obscure and not as memorable as some of his major ones. It's excellent for what it is and does a fair job of portraying Bret in a positive light.

M-A-G
09-12-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm just going to make a few quick points...

I don't keep up with every word that is said on the internet. I didn't know that Bret wasn't going to be at mania. I was thinking that he'd be able to be the bigger man for 15 mins, show up, and leave. The WWE could have given HBK a bible and throw him in a locked room for that time period if Bret didn't want to see Shawn. Bret let his pride get in between him and some of his fans. I'm sure a lot of people were looking forward to see Bret at the biggest pay-per-view of the year.

I never claimed be to be "such a big fan" of Bret Hart. Yea, I liked Bret, and my opinion of his didn't turn on the basis of one night. It was a little tarnished, but not turned. I think he's an asshole who can't get over the past, but still one of the best wrestlers of all time. I'll give him credit where credit is due, and all of it is in the ring.

If you truly believe he's an asshole who can't get over the past, you NEED the DVD. And I don't recall Bret being the one who repeatedly uses his wrestling programs to recreate the screwjob every chance he gets.

Rob
09-14-2006, 12:50 PM
BY THE FUCKING WAY:
--------------------
WWE will make bret show up at survivor series 2007!.Cmon, 10 years later and its at the scene of the crime. You know Vince can't let an opportunity like that go to waste. Mcmohan would probably offer Bret $5 million to pop up
and punch him out in the ring- He would even take it the hard way.

They already offered him over $1 million to appear at 2 different WrestleMania's and legit punch Vince McMahon in the face and he refused.

He doesn't need money.

"I'm not greedy for money, I'm greedy for respect" - Bret Hart.

Pepsi Man
09-14-2006, 01:26 PM
What I don't get about your first post, FourFifty, is how Bret not showing up at WrestleMania XXII has anything at all to do with how good the Bret Hart DVD was.

Rob
09-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Because Bret is a dick. Can't you see that? MARK!!!

jindrak
09-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Awesome DVD.

Zen v.w.o will 'most likely agree too.