PDA

View Full Version : WWE losing confidence in Batista

darkpower
09-12-2006, 04:15 PM
source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Internally, several WWE people believe that Batista's "star" is starting to fade. It has been said that Batista hasn't been himself since his return to SmackDown. He is slower on his feet, not to mention more tentative and less confident. The reason Mr. Kennedy got the U.S. Title from Finlay is because they were worried that Batista was losing steam. WWE felt as though that Finlay is best used to help get someone over, and now he will feud with Batista in an attempt to help get him back on track to carry the brand. Right now, the company stance is that Batista's fade just proves how great Triple H is, because he got Batista over. Also, the company is now moving towards a Kennedy vs. Lashley U.S. title program.

To be fair, though, his shoulder injury probably had something to do with all of this. The six month hiatus coupled with how badly the shoulder may've been injured, and you got a interesting situation on your hands. He's probably rusty and not 100% (again, to be fair).

Kane Knight
09-12-2006, 04:28 PM
There has to be more than this to it. Other wrestlers come back slow after an injury, and nobody says boo.

Mr. JL
09-12-2006, 05:02 PM
Well, if he is de-pushed I certainly will not miss him.

ron the dial
09-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Meh. I don't care one way or the other about Batista. He doesn't piss me off, but I don't really look forward to his matches.

Stickman
09-12-2006, 05:12 PM
He has the look but tends to look sloppy in the ring

Dorkchop
09-12-2006, 05:13 PM
There has to be more than this to it. Other wrestlers come back slow after an injury, and nobody says boo.

A lot of wrestlers come back hungry, and excited to be in the ring. To me it seems like he's out ther because it's his job, and not because he wants to do it. he just seems less motivated.

The One
09-12-2006, 05:15 PM
If I was on SmackDown I wouldn't give a shit or put forth a real big effort either...

Kane Knight
09-12-2006, 05:47 PM
A lot of wrestlers come back hungry, and excited to be in the ring. To me it seems like he's out ther because it's his job, and not because he wants to do it. he just seems less motivated.

A lot of other people come back reticent. He was entertaining and professional while injured, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Kane Knight
09-12-2006, 05:51 PM
If I was on SmackDown I wouldn't give a shit or put forth a real big effort either...
This is singular on purpose.
But you might offend the viewer...

Y2Jeremy
09-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Batista is the same as he was before the injury. What is happening is that in his time off, smackdown was so desperate for talent that they began to have delusions of how good Batista was. They thought that he would be the savior of smackdown, but he is still the same guy.

Vocal Ass Chic
09-12-2006, 06:35 PM
To be fair, the knifes have been out from the word go since his return.

Mr. Nerfect
09-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Batista working with Finlay is a good move, anyway. His match with King Booker on SmackDown! was pretty sweet. I'm not sure how they editted it, though. 'Tista should beat Finlay at No Mercy, then be on a winning team against King Booker at Survivor Series. He'll probably get a title shot around Armageddon, and by then, the WWE could probably decide if he's going to get better, or remain a shell.

Batista vs. John Cena is the biggest match SmackDown! could possibly have next year, so I think they should go all cylinders with him, and then reduce him to Kane-like monster status afterwards.

Vocal Ass Chic
09-12-2006, 06:44 PM
To be honest, they did well to get Batista up to the level he was at before his injury. He's never really appealed to me as the greatest worker or the best interview and for him to get so over in the way he did was impressive. I guess it had a helluva lot to do with the main event push and the feud with Triple H, rather than Batista himself. Which explains why he now appears a shell of his former-self.

Tommy Gunn
09-13-2006, 11:07 AM
He doesn't really sound good on the mic, he sounds like he half asses it really. His in ring work is just ok.

Hell, if Batista gets depushed in favour of Kennedy, I'm one happy mofo.

hb2k
09-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Batista was never good. He's had 2 good matches ever, and the only reason one of them was any good is because he was waiting on the apron for a tag for 10 minutes and stayed out the way. If people are just now thinking he isn't good, then welcome to reality.

JohnnyA
09-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Finlay should shoot on Batista a la Goldberg/Regal imo.

Skippord
09-13-2006, 06:24 PM
You would also have liver problems

that would have been funnier 2 months ago :-\

Afterlife
09-14-2006, 01:07 AM

But being good on SD is how you get to Raw.

.44 Magdalene
09-14-2006, 01:16 AM
I like Batista.

I don't know why. I guess it's because he looks TOTALLY F'IN' SWEET, LIKE HE'S ABOUT TO BEAT SOME ASS ALL THE TIME. Seriously, though, I at least like him better than Orton.

Gerard
09-14-2006, 04:40 AM
Since using warriors gimmick of having an epileptic fit when holding onto the ropes he's inherited warriros other traits of talking pure shit, and being a lazy bastard.

How many times has he actually hit the "batistabomb" properly since coming back? Seems most times he goes for it he never manages to get the opponents al the way up now, just sorta has them sitting horizontal when they used to be vertical on his shoulders which makes it look pretty half assed.

Perhaps being exposed to vaders enhanced tits had an alternate effect on poor dave, wakes up sweating in the middle of the night after nightmares of getting his face rubbed into vaders chest. :foc:

Juan
09-14-2006, 06:10 AM
Maybe he's just mad that he had to job to someone he legit doesn't like.

Better Than You
09-14-2006, 08:29 AM
His performance has been laughable since his return. The pops are still strong, but I am watching a taped (and edited) SD!.

Gerard
09-14-2006, 01:14 PM
His performance has been laughable since his return. The pops are still strong, but I am watching a taped (and edited) SD!.

Ive actually obtained audio of batista's pop pre edit on sd.

pop audio (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gerald.marley/14/cricket1.wav)

parkmania
09-14-2006, 11:00 PM
I was just thinking back to earlier this year when Batista was injured, but showed up for the Summer Slam(?) commercial shoot and got into it with Booker. If we accept that as legit, then if I was in Batista's shoes, I wouldn't really want to work with Booker, and regardless of how much I was getting paid, it still might show in my attitude.

I also thought that wwe.com stated that the company wouldn't be booking them together any time in the foreseeable future.

Schoenauer
09-15-2006, 01:01 AM
His performance has been laughable since he stopped feuding with Trips. The pops are still strong, but I am watching a taped (and edited) SD!.

Dorkchop
09-15-2006, 02:48 AM
Batista has bored me since he returned. He bored me at times before he was out because of Mark Henry. He's had some good moments and matches, but I'm starting to think/realise that a lot of those good matches and moments came from who he was with in the ring. He wasn't that bad, I enjoyed him for a while. I honestly have no interest in him right now. Wow, he looks so bad ass. Wow, he can't hit his finishing move properly.

Destor
09-15-2006, 03:42 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/IamICE/WaynBatista.jpg

TerranRich
09-15-2006, 11:45 AM
This is singular on purpose.
But you might offend the viewer...
SmackDown! has viewers?

Or did you mean viewer as in A viewer? ;)

Kane Knight
09-15-2006, 02:28 PM
SmackDown! has viewers?

Or did you mean viewer as in A viewer? ;)

Highlight it.

Kane Knight
09-15-2006, 02:33 PM

First off, you requoted this to counter a joke.

Second, it's still a pointless thing to say. "His pops are still good on tape where they edit it" is as pointless as saying "He's the best wrestler, excluding everyone else. Regardless about whether it was covered.

TerranRich
09-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Don't argue with KK unless you're sure you're 100% right. Seriously.

Kane Knight
09-15-2006, 07:12 PM
Or you incorrectly think you're more clever than your average high school dropout.