PDA

View Full Version : HASEK OUT FOR THE SEASON

Splaya
02-10-2004, 04:17 PM
I just read on ESPN.com (and saw it flash across the screen as breaking news) that Red Wings goaltender Dominik Hasek is done for the season with a groin injury. Thank god we never traded away Curtis Joseph. :)

The Icon of Elisim
02-10-2004, 04:23 PM
Its moments like this that I wish Jospeh had been traded

Although I'd bet that Legace would have done a great job with the starting position

Splaya
02-10-2004, 04:32 PM
It's moments like this that i wish we had not wasted 8 million dollars to pick up a goaltender that is only going to play 14 games this season. We could have used that money for so much more. Oh well, this is Cujo's chance to prove to everyone now. Watch, he will play better now knowing that he is #1. Bet you he shuts out the Sharks tommorow night.

Bad Guy
02-10-2004, 06:40 PM
Lewis won't start Legace. Legace > Jo'i'magoalie,noreallyIam'seph.

Gertner
02-10-2004, 07:19 PM
LEAGACE ONLY STARTS AGAINST SHIT TEAMS! I live near detroit and all i hear is "manny shoudl start" no he should not!

road doggy dogg
02-10-2004, 08:33 PM
Joseph's already shown this season that he can handle being their #1. After a slow start he's really come back and played well.

I've always been saying they should've stuck with Joseph since the beginning. Last year's playoffs weren't his fault. If your team is barely getting two goals a game, you can't blame that on your goalie.

BlackRavyyn
02-10-2004, 10:44 PM
Its moments like this that I wish Jospeh had been traded

Although I'd bet that Legace would have done a great job with the starting position

<font color=seablue><i>I totally agree with you on that one. I was hoping that Joseph would have been picked up cause now, although at the time we didn't know, Detroit would've been ****ed.

And I agree with RDD - a team that only scores a few goals a game does not a Stanley Cup make. And the goalie isn't to blame when there's, gee, five players in front of him to prevent said puck from going into the net.

And Bad Guy, seriously - let it go. Cujo has proven himself before and he will now and believe me, you'll regret your lil baby cries about him being this washed up goalie. Look at your star goalie now, hung up for the season with a groin pull while the one you loathe is showing you how well he can play...who's the idiot now? :p</i></font>

AareDub
02-10-2004, 11:54 PM
I'm not really a huge Cujo fan or anything, but I don't doubt his abilities. The playoffs last year can't be blamed on him. The Wings will not suffer without Hasek.

BCWWF
02-11-2004, 12:50 AM
Good, its not good that he was injured, but I am glad he is because it was the worst idea ever to bring him back this year, for him and the front office, so it serves everyone right. So much for leaving on top.

mitch_h
02-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Joseph's already shown this season that he can handle being their #1. After a slow start he's really come back and played well.

I've always been saying they should've stuck with Joseph since the beginning. Last year's playoffs weren't his fault. If your team is barely getting two goals a game, you can't blame that on your goalie.

Word, Joseph is a really classy guy, especially considering what Detroit did to him throughout.

Yashamaga
02-11-2004, 10:02 PM
lol

cujo just went down too

YOUR Hero
02-11-2004, 10:14 PM
what?

Bad Guy
02-12-2004, 01:36 AM
Cujo's injured. Not sure how long though. I take it back, Lewis will now make Legace the starter. :yes:

road doggy dogg
02-12-2004, 03:33 AM
Red Wing GM Ken Holland told the Detroit News that if Dominik Hasek wants to play next season, it won't be with the Wings.

I suppose one of those "OWNED!" pictures could go here. :yes:

YOUR Hero
02-12-2004, 11:07 AM
Yes and hopefully Cujo tells them to **** off at season's end too. OMG that would rule.

YOUR Hero
02-12-2004, 11:10 AM
But really, it is Hasek that owned Detroit. What did he play, 14 games and made 8 million bucks?

John la Rock
02-12-2004, 01:25 PM
I think it's time for Legace to step up and prove that he is a capable # 1 starter

road doggy dogg
02-12-2004, 04:44 PM
I think Hasek made $6 million this season

Technically he did scrwe them over, but at what price? I don't know how important his ego is, 'cause I'm sure this is not the way he really pictured his career to end (if he does end up retiring).

KleptoKlown
02-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Im not sure about the rules, but since he's only played 14 games, if the Wings do end up winning the cup, does his name still go on?

YOUR Hero
02-12-2004, 09:59 PM
That's a good question, but since he's basically been released now by the Wings I'd say the answer is no. But I'm not 100% sure.

road doggy dogg
02-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Yeah I'm not sure how it works. I guess you could look at last year and see if they added Schwab's name to it, but I'm not sure where you'd find information like that. :o

I'm not sure if there's a "minimum games played" rule or anything. Would be interesting to find out

YOUR Hero
02-12-2004, 11:17 PM
There is a minimum games played in the regular season and/or a minimum played in the playoffs. What they are I don't remember and what I vaguely remember it had to do with forwards and defensemen

YOUR Hero
02-12-2004, 11:21 PM
Also, what Hasek did isn't new for him. I remember back in the playoffs against the the Senators. (5-6..7? years ago) It was a hard fought series and a good one. Hasek got rattled by a couple quick goals by the Sens and he pulled himself during the game. Steve Shields, then a rookie, came in for him and did a hell of a job. But that showed me an insight into Hasek's character way back then.

Bad Guy
02-13-2004, 02:10 AM
I think you have to play one game in the playoffs if i'm not mistaken.

Splaya
02-13-2004, 02:12 AM
No matter what position you are you have to play 41 games in the regular season, 10 in the playoffs or 1 game in the Stanley cup finals.

Bad Guy
02-13-2004, 02:19 AM
that's what it was. I knew it was 1 game for something (playoffs) because back when Detroit won it Juri Fischer got suspended for something and they weren't sure if his name was gonna be on it or not. But