PDA

View Full Version : First-ever CW Network edition of SmackDown!

Mr. Nerfect
09-19-2006, 12:49 AM
Here's how I would do it:

-We have a new set and starting video for SmackDown!, a special one to the original SmackDown! music.

-The show opens with Paul London & Brian Kendrick defending the WWE Tag Team Championship against The Royal Knights. London & Kendrick retain the titles via countout, when Batista runs to the ring and chases off the legal man, Finlay. London, Kendrick and Batista pose in the ring.

-Theodore Long announces that Montell Vontavious Porter will be making his debut later, against...Batista! MVP shits himself.

-Ken Kennedy gives an open challenge for the WWE United States Championship. It is answered by Matt Hardy. Kennedy is about to go for the Kenton Bomb to retain his title, when The Undertaker's gong goes off, Hardy then climbs and hits a Twist of Fate from the top rope to win his first US Championship.

-Gregory Helms makes his entrance and gives Matt Hardy a hand. He challenges Hardy for the United States Championship at No Mercy in their hometown.

-Theodore Long agrees, but Gregory Helms will need to defend the Cruiserweight Championship before then. He loses the belt to Jimmy Wayne Yang in a good, solid cruiserweight match.

-Mike Mizanin defeats Sylvan in his hometown (where he is OVER). JBL makes fun of Sylvan, but gets a slap for his troubles. Layfield says that Sylvan will regret that.

-Sylvester Terkay and Elijah Burke defeat Scotty 2 Hotty & Funaki via submission. Terkay and Burke cut a promo, declaring their intent to win the WWE Tag Team Championship.

-Batista is jumped on his way to the ring by Finlay, and rolled into the ring, where MVP pins him to defeat the former World Heavyweight Champion in his debut.

-Rey Mysterio defeats Chavo Guerrero via disqualification, when Chavo goes nuts with a steel chair. Guerrero wants to now be known as "The Last Warrior" Chavo Guerrero. The match barely even gets started before Chavo goes nuts with the steel chair on Mysterio, but Chris Benoit runs to the ring for the save. This is obviously to set up Benoit vs. Guerrero at No Mercy.

-King Booker defeats Vito when William Regal nails Vito with brass knuckles, which allows King Booker to hit the Scissors Kick. Booker and Regal beat-down Vito after the match, but Bobby Lashley makes the save, and Lashley stands tall to end the show.

Splaya
09-19-2006, 01:41 AM
I bet you 500 bucks that Taker will replace Vito in that match :shifty:

Dave Youell
09-19-2006, 03:29 AM
That's bullshit. I'd trust Paul Nemer of wrestleview myself

Dark Match and Friday Night Smackdown Tapings from Montreal
» Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
» On Monday, September 18, 2006 at 7:54 PM EST

Paul Nemer is in Montreal tonight attending the WWE Raw/Smackdown Supershow TV taping. Here are results from the Smackdown taping that is currently ongoing.

We will be updating this page throughout the night.

Dark Match:

- Val Venis defeated Rob Conway with a Money Shot.

WWE Friday Night Smackdown Tapings:

- JBL joins Michael Cole at ringside for commentary.

- A promo is shown with Smackdown GM Teddy Long and World Heavyweight Champion King Booker (with Sharmell). They complain to Long about having to face Vito tonight. Long then cancels the match and then tells Booker he will be facing The Undertaker tonight instead.

- Batista & Bobby Lashley defeated Finlay & William Regal. Lashley hit Regal with a Spear to get the pinfall, while Batista attended to Finlay on the outside.

- 2006 WWE Diva Search winner Layla came out. She was followed by Kristal Marshall. Layla and Kristal started to fight when Jillian Hall came out. Jillian took Kristal's top off and did the same to Layla as well.

- Matt Hardy defeated WWE Cruiserweight Champion Gregory Helms in a Non-Title Match. Said to be a great match. The finish saw the referee go to fix the top turnbuckle when Hardy low blowed Helms to get the win.

- The Miz defeated Funaki.

- Clips of John Cena in "The Marine" were shown.

- Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero ended in a No Contest when Vickie Guerrero got involved.

- Paul London & Brian Kendrick defeated The Pitbulls (Kid Kash & Jamie Noble) & The Teacher's Pets (K.C. James & Idol Stevens) to retain the WWE Tag Team Titles. London pinned Noble to get the win for his team.

- Backstage, Elijah Burke introduced Sylvester Terkay as an All-American.

- Sylvan then came out and got what was described as the biggest pop of the night. He got on the mic and told the Montreal crowd that it was good to be back and added regardless of who comes out, he doesn't only have to take on himself, but he has to take on everyone here in Montreal. That got another big reaction.

- Sylvan defeated Tatanka using the ropes. Another huge pop for his win from the Montreal crowd.

- The Undertaker defeated World Heavyweight Champion King Booker via DQ in a Non-Title Match. WWE U.S. Champion Mr. Kennedy was at ringside doing commentary. Undertaker gave Booker a Tombstone after the match.

- John Cena advertised for Smackdown: Paul Nemer sent word that a graphic hit the screen promoting WWE Champion John Cena, Batista & Bobby Lashley vs. King Booker, Finlay & William Regal for next week on Smackdown. We hope to get more details on this soon.

Impact!
09-19-2006, 05:55 AM
Did you miss the part where he said this is how I'd do it?

Londoner
09-19-2006, 06:05 AM
LOL

It amazes me how Dave missed what Alienoid said at the top of his post.

Anyway, Alienoid's version was much better.

Impact!
09-19-2006, 06:14 AM
lol yeah

Dave Youell
09-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Whoops, sorry lol

Impact!
09-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Better inject yourself with a lethal dose of Doug Basham

Caged Heat18
09-19-2006, 10:54 AM
-Ken Kennedy gives an open challenge for the WWE United States Championship. It is answered by Matt Hardy. Kennedy is about to go for the Kenton Bomb to retain his title, when The Undertaker's gong goes off, Hardy then climbs and hits a Twist of Fate from the top rope to win his first US Championship.

It would be a good idea for Kennedy to lose the title before No Mercy, since he won't be defending it against the Undertaker. The feud doesn't involve the title, so he shouldn't have it right now. Of course the writers probably already forgot he has the belt, and will continue the feud with him as champ, and forget the belt exist for three months, making it even more worthless.

KENNEDY!!

St. Jimmy
09-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Even better, they come out and go "LOL, Just Kidding. We canceled this shit. Here's two hours of "Girlfriends", and thanks for watching the new CW."

The Genius
09-19-2006, 07:10 PM
i like alienoid's idea to push gregory helms into a US title feud along with hardy.

Mr. Nerfect
09-19-2006, 08:53 PM
I really like Ken Kennedy and Gregory Helms, but both their reigns should come to an end. Helms should really establish a babyface by dropping the title, and Kennedy, as Caged Heat said, doesn't need to be on Kennedy if he's moving up the card, or jobbing to Taker.

Matt Hardy winning the US Championship makes a lot of sense to me, as Hardy is feuding with Helms. CW Champ vs. US Champ? Better than CW Champ vs. Random Heavyweight. Plus Hardy is over right now, so putting the red, white and blue gold on him wouldn't exactly be a mistake. The only other option is Chris Benoit, who is then challenged by the "All-American" Sylvester Terkay. I think that is more likely, but one has to wonder if Benoit has done enough with the Championship already. I guess jobbing it to an up-and-comer isn't a bad move. Quite a good one, actually.

I'm curious to see where the WWE goes with Paul London & Brian Kendrick. They've been winning heaps lately, so I can't help but think they are ending their WWE Tag Title run soon. JBL saying things like "they've already had quite a good run with the titles" doesn't help. I hope they don't drop the belts to The Gymini. Put two amazing wrestlers in the ring and moving the titles off London & Kendrick is a debatable move. The Gymini are still far too green. Maybe a heel turn for Scotty 2 Hotty & Funaki. I dunno, I can see it working. Scott Taylor and Shoichi Funaki: Pissed Off Cruiserweight Veterans, that'd probably be the best thing for either man's career right now. It's either them or The Basham Brothers, in my opinion. Get Derrick Neikirk and Ryan O'Reilly (when he's off suspension) to replace them as The Stormtroopers.

If Paul London & Brian Kendrick lose the WWE Tag Team Championship, I can see them going straight into the Cruiserweight Division. Jimmy Wayne Yang sounds like a heel now, which means a series with Paul London would make me ejaculate. Maybe Kid Kash and Jamie Noble will split up, and we'll see them added to the Cruiserweight Division? All I know is that Gregory Helms and Jimmy Wayne Yang won't work if one of them isn't a face. I honestly think Paul London should feud with Jimmy Wayne Yang, Jamie Noble should feud with Kid Kash and Mike Mizanin should feud with Brian Kendrick. That leaves Gregory Helms as Champion. I'd have him lose the belt to Seth Skyfire from OVW, who can play the role of babyface Champion whilst feuding with Shannon Moore (brought over from ECW).

Mr. Nerfect
09-19-2006, 09:09 PM
So yeah, here's how No Mercy is shaping up:

World Heavyweight Championship
King Booker vs. Bobby Lashley

Singles Match
Batista vs. Finlay

Steel Cage Match
Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio

Singles Match
Ken Kennedy vs. The Undertaker

Vito Must Wrestle in Conventional Attire
Vito vs. William Regal

WWE United States Championship
Chris Benoit vs. Sylvester Terkay

WWE Tag Team Championship
Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. The Gymini

Grudge Match
Matt Hardy vs. Gregory Helms

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Jimmy Wayne Yang vs. Mike Mizanin vs. Kid Kash vs. Jamie Noble vs. Funaki vs. Scotty 2 Hotty

-Yang probably is going to be a face. The WWE pushes a guy as a heel in Montreal, he's going to be a face everywhere else. I'm guessing he beats Gregory Helms for the belt with Matt Hardy's help, then defends here against the cruiserweights of SmackDown!. I see Mizanin remaining undefeated, stealing the victory here by pinning Kid Kash after Kash eats a series of finishing moves. Jimmy Wayne Yang can then chase, feeling robbed.

-Matt Hardy will probably defeat Gregory Helms with help from Jeff Hardy. What better place to have a Hardyz reunion than in North Carolina?

-I can't think of who else London & Kendrick could face. I guess maybe Idol Stevens and KC James. I just hope they don't have the titles switch here. Paul London has some kind of streak going at No Mercy, doesn't he?

-I want to see Chris Benoit vs. Elijah Burke more than Chris Benoit vs. Sylvester Terkay, but that can actually come of this match. Burke costs Benoit the win, and his fifth (I think) United States Championship. Benoit gets pissed and challenges Burke to a match down the line.

-I think this match will take place, and I think it will be used to convert Vito from being a comedy character with a winning streak, to being a serious wrestler with a winning streak. Vito beats William Regal here, and says he feels even better in this attire, and he forgets the dress thing.

-Ken Kennedy should beat The Undertaker. Maybe with help from Daivari? Just hear me out: Daivari has been feuding with The Undertaker for over a year. Muhammad Hassan, Mark Henry and The Great Khali have all been Daivari clients. Time to get Khosrow down and dirty. He's a good worker, and it makes sense. Thus it won't happen.

-Chavo Guerrero should go over here, but for some reason I can see Rey winning, then taking time off to "clear his head". Just have Guerrero go over cleanly. Everyone will be hot for Rey when he returns win, lose or draw. May as well put the guy sticking around over strong.

-Finlay can carry Batista to a great match, I guarantee it. Putting Finlay over would do nothing, but destroy another contender and cripple any of Batista's remaining heat. A win for Batista leads him into a feud with King Booker at Survivor Series, which will come to a head at Armageddon, where the WWE can have guys like Bobby Lashley and Ken Kennedy better developed.

-This is a good choice for the main event. The match has a story, they have been proven good workers together, and Lashley is over right now. May as well give him a chance. Don't have him win, though. Don't even protect him. Have King Booker get the clean win. The World Heavyweight Champ deserves some credibility.

Crippla
09-19-2006, 09:37 PM
I bet you 500 bucks that Taker will replace Vito in that match :shifty:
This is what he would do not what actually happens...

Impact!
09-20-2006, 08:09 AM
Thanks for pointing out what I already said.

Caged Heat18
09-20-2006, 07:02 PM
-Matt Hardy will probably defeat Gregory Helms with help from Jeff Hardy. What better place to have a Hardyz reunion than in North Carolina?

-I can't think of who else London & Kendrick could face. I guess maybe Idol Stevens and KC James. I just hope they don't have the titles switch here. Paul London has some kind of streak going at No Mercy, doesn't he?

-Finlay can carry Batista to a great match, I guarantee it. Putting Finlay over would do nothing, but destroy another contender and cripple any of Batista's remaining heat. A win for Batista leads him into a feud with King Booker at Survivor Series, which will come to a head at Armageddon, where the WWE can have guys like Bobby Lashley and Ken Kennedy better developed.

It would be a great moment to see the Hardy's reunite, especially like you said in their home state of North Carolina. That I think ties into the tag team title match. I think it will still be a triple threat match, with the champs versus the Pitbulls versus Stevens/James possibly in some type of gimmick match, most likely a ladder match, which has the potential to be awesome. Than after No Mercy you could the Hardy's feud with London/Kendrik, and turn either the Pitbulls, or Stevens/James face and you can have two decent tag team feuds at once.

As for Finlay/Batista, it is pretty much a guarantee that Batista will go over, as it rumored that the feud is only happening to help Batista get back on the right track. I still think it can be a good match.