PDA

View Full Version : Idea - review thread

Mr. Monday Morning
09-19-2006, 04:18 PM
For those of you familiar with the DVDVR, yes, I'm stealing the idea, in a way. Get off me. No idea if it will work here, but we'll see what the consensus is.

ANYWAY

This is a poll to see if people would be interested in a stickied review thread. The idea isn't to do Raws or live PPVs or whatever (they have their own threads, obviously) but for example, DVD/tape reviews, odd matches you've 'acquired', books you've read, etc. I just figure it'll give people an opportunity to share their thoughts on stuff they come across, quite possibly encourage people to try out new feds or track down older stuff, etc etc.

What say you?

thecc
09-19-2006, 04:49 PM
I'd take part in this.

Disturbed316
09-19-2006, 05:00 PM
My only concern is that things might get bogged down all in one thread. It's a good idea though, hopefully it wont go down the same route as the collumn forum.

Caged Heat18
09-19-2006, 05:27 PM
I like it. Good idea.

Y2Jeremy
09-19-2006, 06:48 PM
I like the idea, too. But the overposting in one thread is inevitable. I say lets go for it.

Xero
09-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Why didn't you just MAKE a review thread, explained what it was in the first post and see how it went, instead of wasting this thread on the idea of making a thread?

If it got popular enough, it would have been stuck anyway.

Destor
09-19-2006, 07:58 PM
I almost made a thread about ETW, kinda whished I would have. THAT WAY I WOULD'VE KNOW IT HAD NO SUPPORT.

Crippla
09-19-2006, 09:45 PM
I think this is a good idea and ETW was great, it's just the posters who are too lazy to do it.

M-A-G
09-19-2006, 10:52 PM
I'd do it but it's just a matter of time. I can't always devote approx. 2 and half hours a day just to type up a review of something. I think a lot of people here might have a similar problem.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-20-2006, 02:31 PM
Why didn't you just MAKE a review thread, explained what it was in the first post and see how it went, instead of wasting this thread on the idea of making a thread?

If it got popular enough, it would have been stuck anyway.

Right now I have fuck all in the way of material and I'd doubt anyone else does, so I'd be putting up a thread with no content which would drop to about page 174830 in half a day.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me. Hell, I'll even sticky it.

Also, anyone with half a brain could use the search feature to find specific stuff in it.

Mr. Monday Morning
09-20-2006, 04:58 PM
I see words but I don't see a vote :nono:

Scott Delaney
09-20-2006, 05:05 PM
What say you?

I think it's a great idea, but only in theory.

This message board is full of so many morons, that most "intelligent" opinions would simply get drowned out by the moronic ones. It's a great idea, but it could also lead to a lot of frustration for the intelligent readers.