PDA

View Full Version : Cenas last reign???

slextremely
09-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Is this Cenas last reign for a looong time? I sure as hell hope so. If it's not he should have one as a heel, so i can at least stand it... But what do you think? When will he drop the belt and when/how will he get it back? (if he ever does)

Kane Knight
09-19-2006, 09:40 PM
You got my hopes up. Now I will kill you.

...Okay, killing you would require effort.

M-A-G
09-19-2006, 10:43 PM
He has to have some sort of title match at WM either defending it or challenging for it. The big possibility at this point is Cena vs. Orton.

slextremely
09-20-2006, 01:57 AM
if that's the case fuck wrestlemania... Orton can main event, just not with Cena especially at WM. So they had Orton job to Hogan, now he's gonna get pushed to Wrestlemania main event status? damn u Hulk

Mr. Nerfect
09-20-2006, 02:05 AM
I think they should do John Cena vs. Shelton Benjamin at WrestleMania. It is very, very unlikely, though.

slextremely
09-20-2006, 02:08 AM
I wouldn't mind that, that is if shelton learned how to use a mic. He could probably get a great match outa Cena tho.

.44 Magdalene
09-20-2006, 02:16 AM
Cena vs Batista also sounds pretty hot, but from what I hear Batista's been on the downhill lately.

Mr. Nerfect
09-20-2006, 02:19 AM
I wouldn't mind that, that is if shelton learned how to use a mic. He could probably get a great match outa Cena tho.

That would be my basis for the feud. John Cena is an arrogant prick as WWE Champion, Shelton Benjamin somehow earns a title shot, Cena says he wants to defend the belt against someone with charisma.

Shelton has charisma, and he's a pretty enjoyable guy out of the ring when he gets motivated. Cena can provide that motivation, and actually stir up feelings inside Shelton for him to communicate better with the crowds. The two could have a great match, and Shelton would win with the Exploder Powerslam (which I would call the XP, it fits Shelton's real-life personality), earning his first WWE Championship.

M-A-G
09-20-2006, 11:52 PM

Obviously you've missed the last three times they've wrestled.

M-A-G
09-21-2006, 12:20 AM
if that's the case fuck wrestlemania... Orton can main event, just not with Cena especially at WM. So they had Orton job to Hogan, now he's gonna get pushed to Wrestlemania main event status? damn u Hulk

Yeah, cause Orton's been such a proven main eventer and all. :|

Sadistic
09-21-2006, 06:39 AM
Cena vs Batista also sounds pretty hot, but from what I hear Batista's been on the downhill lately.

Are you fucking serious? That match sounds like cancer to the eyes. :nono:

Schoenauer
09-21-2006, 09:51 AM
I'd rather have a buffalo take a diarhea dump in my ear than subject myself to that horrible piece of shit. :foc: :foc: :foc:

Just John
09-21-2006, 01:45 PM
I dont think this is Cenas last reign, everyone wants him to drop the belt, and the WWE knows this, so in true Vince style, he'll lose it, get it again (in an attempt to gain some rep) then vince will realise nobody wants to see it, Cena will just fade away.

Unlike Hogan, Cena doesnt have much staying power IMO

.44 Magdalene
09-21-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm not saying it'd be a good match, I'm saying it'd sell tickets. Jesus Christ.

Jeritron
09-21-2006, 08:56 PM
It would be dull blown spot-fest, and a terrible match, but a decent draw and I wouldnt be suprised if it happened. Who knows what the main event(s) at mania will be at this point but I think a Cena (heel) vs Batista (face) Smackdown! ME is possible if they choose to send Cena there.
The question is what will they do with their talent. Smackdown needs talent more than Raw, but if you send Cena over there and make him a heel, that leaves you with Edge and Orton who are both heels, and of course (rolls eyes) HHH and Shawn to work with...
For some reason I see Edge being in the ME defending and probably retaining the WWE belt for Raw at Mania, its just a feeling. But whos his face challenger if its not Cena? Certainly not orton. Hopefully not HHH in a 6th straight main event:roll: . Jeff Hardy?! ...probably not..:nono:
I actually love this time of year because its so hard to guess, yet its not unforseeable

The Show Off
09-21-2006, 10:59 PM
I really hope to God that this is the last WWE Championship reign for John Cena. His first reign lasted too long. His second reign happened on the heels of his first reign so his first and second felt like one long year and three month reign. Now this one is only 4 months after that, so in the past year and seven months he's been champion for a year and 3 months.

It's ill timed because now we won't know how vaible a champion Edge is. He has only feuded with John Cena, Foley for 1 month and RVD for like 2 weeks, in the past nine months. Edge never had a chance to feud with Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Carlito, or even, God forbid, Hulk Hogan over the WWE championship. All of those would give a clear indication of how good a champ Edge is, which I beleive he's been great.

As much as Edge not holding the belt anymore sucks, the real shame of the ramming of John Cena down our throats is that since he first became champion at Wrestlemania 21, he has gotten better by leaps and bounds. You can't look at his match with JBL as an indication of how far he's come, because JBL in ring is a stiff. But to get a good indication look at Cena versus Jericho at Summer Slam 2005, and then right after it watch John Cena versus Edge Summer Slam 2006. Up until this time last year his best wrestling match was with Chris Jericho at Summer Slam, I don't count him versus JBL I Quit because gimmick matches seem to hid Cena's deficiancies.

Cena versus Edge Summer Slam 2006 was really entertaining, he had good false finishes, good psycology, some technical aspects wer good, and above all Edge didn't carry the match. In Summer Slam 2005 the match was alright, bad for a Jericho match, the psycology as all Jericho's, he technical abilities we're non existant, and above all Jericho carried him throughout. In 12 months Cena has become a really solid wrestler.

I was also impressed at how he takes the rampant boos that he resieves from the fans, and is able to roll with it, though a better mic worker would snipe back with wit, but he constantly acts like a professional. At One Night Stand us fans were out for blood, I know for sure being there, but did Cena get rattled like Batista? Hell no. The guy played with the fans thowing his shirt back at the fans as he throws it to them, playing around. Most importantly the guy went out and stole the show. His poise is incredible. Will he ever be Bret Hart? Shawn Michaels? Triple H? Mr. Perfect? No. No. No. And no. But he'll be good.

Just stop shoving him down out fucking throats and let us have some perspective to how good he's become.

slextremely
09-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Yeah, cause Orton's been such a proven main eventer and all. :|
i never said he was proven i said he can do it... I really enjoyed him as a heel when he MAIN EVENTED summerslam, but wwe had to fuck it up and move him to babyface. Also about shelton... if cena and shelton ran a program into wrestlemania i'm sure they'd get comfortable enough with one another to put on a pretty good match. IMO