PDA

View Full Version : So, i'm watching smackdown and...

LoDownM
09-22-2006, 09:44 PM
I realize, I want to stab The Miz with a rusty spoon. Seriously, how the fuck does he have a job.

Mr. Nerfect
09-22-2006, 09:54 PM
Wow, why does everyone think this guy is so bad. He can work a decent match, and he is SUPPOSED to make you want to stab him with a rusty spoon. Just give him time to get a program going with someone, and you'll see how over they get.

The Miz = Great heel.

Blue Demon
09-22-2006, 09:57 PM
and i realized that:

http://y2jbenoit01.skyblog.com/pics/331197126_small.jpg

looks like:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e7/Wayne_brady_publicity_photo.jpg

LoDownM
09-22-2006, 11:01 PM
Wayne Brady on steriods will kill a bitch.

Schoenauer
09-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Wow, why does everyone think this guy is so bad. He can work a decent match, and he is SUPPOSED to make you want to stab him with a rusty spoon. Just give him time to get a program going with someone, and you'll see how over they get.

The Miz = Great heel.
Book the son of a bitch, I'm curious how you'd use him.

Pepsi Man
09-22-2006, 11:29 PM
Book the son of a bitch, I'm curious how you'd use him.
Like Vince Russo, Alienoid must be filtered...or we'll end up with Doug Basham and Val Venis as the champions of their respective brands.

Caged Heat18
09-22-2006, 11:32 PM

The Miz = Great heel.

I'm still not sold on the guy completly, but he definetely has potential to be a great heel. He is just so hatable. He's supposse to be the guy that people watch just to see him get his ass kick, but always find a way out and wins. Kind of like the Honky Tonk Man, with so many cheap wins, and then when someone finally beats him it will be a great moment. Example is when Warrior finally dethroned Honky as intercontinetal champion. It was a memorable moment.

Skippord
09-22-2006, 11:39 PM
I like the Miz

Mr. Aristocrat
09-22-2006, 11:53 PM
I hope The Miz dies. Than again, I have been wanting him to die since the first second I saw him. People made me watch The Real World cause they thought I would like him since he was a wrestling fan, good god, I have hated him every step of the way.

Schoenauer
09-23-2006, 02:09 AM
Joey J, don't wish death on ANYBODY, even if it's a WWE guy you hate.

Vastardikai
09-23-2006, 02:26 AM
^

How about he wishes a Severe beating at the hands of a Little League team on him?

mike627
09-23-2006, 02:35 AM
Im waiting for that golrious day when I read the following: WWE releases Miz.

Mr. Nerfect
09-23-2006, 05:27 AM
Booking The Miz would be pretty easy. Here we go:

Next week, The Miz enters for a match with Sylvan, who is now a babyface of sorts (he goes nowhere as a heel), Mizanin runs out with a World Heavyweight Championship replica, and then says "This is the truuuuuuuue story, of a man on his way to becomming World...Heavyweight...CHAMPION! HOORAH! (Crowd: You suck!). The Miz manages to counter a Quebec Cutter (TKO) into a facelock, and then hits The Mizard of Oz for the pinfall.

The Miz then gets on the mic and says that he has just defeated a former four-time World Tag Team Champion, and he's now 5-0. The Miz gets in the face of JBL after the match, and then tells JBL he's lucky he's retired. Layfield tells The Miz that it is disrespectful him carrying a replica belt when he is an employee of the WWE. He looks about twelve, but he needs to step it up a little. The Miz then says John Cena looks about twelve, and he's carrying a custom belt. JBL responds by saying that is also damn disrespectful, and both of them will one day feel the wrath of the Wrestling Gods. The Miz then goes "Hey, Blackjack. You're a Wrestling God aren't you? Why don't you face me?".

Mizanin then rolls into the ring, and then encourages JBL to get in. JBL doesn't and The Miz declares himself the winner via forfeit. "6-0!" he shouts as he jumps all over the ring and on the turnbuckles. JBL tells The Miz he is wasting these fans' time, and he is wasting SmackDown!'s time, and most importantly he is wasting JBL's time. The Miz then asks JBL what he plans to do about it. Layfield has finally had enough, and enters the ring. The Miz didn't expect this, and runs for the hills with his replica World Title.

The next week, The Miz faces Paul London or Brian Kendrick. It doesn't matter which one. The Miz again has his "Real World Championship" with him, and JBL gets on the mic and starts a "Go, Paul, Go!" or "Go, Brian, Go!" chant, depending on who is going to be wrestling. The Miz gets on the microphone, and says that he wants to make Paul/Brian a deal. Because he is impressed with their ring skills, which are mediocre, but have potential, The Miz will put his Real World Championship on the line against London/Kendrick. But in return, if The Miz wins, he wants to take the place of his opponent as co-WWE Tag Team Champion. Paul London/Brian Kendrick just cuts The Miz off with a forearm and beats the crap out of him. Some trickery allows The Miz to get control, however.

JBL eventually says he's had enough, and he gets out of the booth and gives The Miz a Clothesline from Hell. This gives The Miz his sixth straight victory (seventh if you count his forfeit win against JBL, which The Miz does). JBL stands over Mizanin as the fans either boo or cheer (I think it will mostly be cheers). JBL says that he is officially retired, but he will arrange for The Miz to face someone at No Mercy, that will shut up his fruit-booty.

Theodore Long comes out, and says that JBL won't. In fact, because he violated the order Long placed on him, restricting him from laying a hand on any SmackDown! Superstar, JBL is now fired! His replacement from this point on, at least until a replacement can be found...The Miz! JBL has a fit in the ring.

Josh Mathews replaces Michael Cole for the night, and basically plays a bitter heel role, where he claims that for some reason he isn't good enough for colour commentary. He also gets behind King Booker in the main event (the two ran an angle where Booker T stood up for Mathews once, didn't they?).

JBL doesn't disappear, though. Actually he does, but his voice is heard on WWE Heat, where he does commentary with Todd Grisham. JBL basically complains that he had to take a second rate commentary job because of The Miz.

The Miz continues to do commentary, and even advertises Heat, where JBL is now resident colour man.

At No Mercy, The Miz does colour commentary, but eventually JBL runs out and attacks The Miz! Layfield gets on the mic and says he can't stand it! He can't stand listening to The Miz in such an important position. He says that if Theodore Long wants to stop Layfield be his guest, but Long apparently likes to listen to these fans. Listen to them, Teddy! They hate this piece of trash.

Theodore Long comes out, and says that JBL will return to SmackDown! as colour commentator, but he is not to touch The Miz again.

The next night on SmackDown!, The Miz is wrestling some babyface. I'm thinking Jimmy Wang Yang. Make it for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship (Yang defeats Gregory Helms in the near-future). JBL once again leaves the announce table, gets into the ring, and knocks Jimmy Wang Yang down with a Clothesline from Hell. The winner of the match, as a result of a disqualification, Jimmy Wang Yang. JBL then gets on the mic and tells The Miz he is now 7-1, so now he's lost, he can go bye-byes. The Miz gets on the mic and goes "You can't touch me right?", to which Layfield responds "I didn't touch you, I touched that faux-cowboy, Jimmy Wang", to which The Miz responds "So you technically can't defend yourself", and he flies at JBL and begins to beat the crap out of him.

Theodore Long makes his entrance and tells The Miz to relent, or else he will be suspended Theodore Long says that what went on here tonight by JBL was unacceptable, and as punishment, he will step into the ring one more time. His opponent will be...The Miz. That match will take place at Survivor Series. The Miz says he will even defend his Real World Championship in the match.

Basically The Miz settles into a face role in coming weeks. He loses to King Booker in a "Champion vs. Champion Match", when JBL shoves him off the top rope, and King Booker hits the Scissors Kick. I don't know if the fans will warm up to The Miz, but this is basically to lay the foundations of a John Cena satire. The Miz plays the babyface role, but gets booed all the same.

JBL uses ring rust as an excuse to make their match at Survivor Series a Survivor Series Elimination Match. The Miz says he will have no problem finding Mizfists to join his cause. JBL gets his co-secretaries of defence, The Basham Brothers back for the show. JBL still needs another member of his "Cabinet of Causing Miz Mizery", so he offers an extremely large paycheck to Montell Vontavious Porter. So "Team Cabinet" is set: JBL, MVP, Doug Basham and Danny Basham. It comes to the PPV, and The Miz hasn't got a single Superstar to join him. No one wants anything to do with The Miz. This may get him "Awww"s with the girls and kids in the crowd. Basically The Miz's obnoxiousness finally catches up to him.

The Miz lucks out, though. He comes to Survivor Series with something resembling a team. Mike Mizanin has Ryan Reeves, Daniel Rodimer and Nick Mitchell with him! Team Tough Enough 4 makes their way out, and we get underway. Danny Basham is the first to go, when ge goes suicidal, and takes Rodimer down with some chair shots, which allows his brother to go to work on the giant Rodimer. Daniel makes the tag to Silverback, who cleans house. Reeves finds himself rolled up by Doug Basham, feet on the ropes, and hands on the tights eliminate him. Michael Cole and Josh Mathews chalk it up to the veteran abilities of Doug. Basham soon finds himself at the mercy of Nick Mitchell (who is still technically "Mitch" of The Spirit Squad), and Mitch manages to out-cheat Doug to an elimination. MVP gets in, and slaps Mitch around, before hitting him with his finishing move. Daniel Rodimer gets in, and JBL gets tagged in by MVP, who wants nothing to do with Rodimer. JBL tries to hit the Clothesline from Hell on Rodimer...but they have no effect! JBL shits himself as The Miz flies off with the top rope with a move, hits The Mizard of Oz on JBL, and pins, 1-2-3! MVP opts not to get back in the ring, and Rodimer and Miz win the match for their team via countout!

Daniel Rodimer and Ryan Reeves go back to training, but there is some kind of feature on WWE.com that keeps track of them. Mitch can kind of turn face on RAW. Doug Basham and Danny Basham go back to playing their roles in ECW. JBL admits that The Miz is good, he pinned him at Survivor Series, and he can admit that. The Miz and JBL then become best friends. Mizanin even begins to call JBL "The Jiz" which goes right over JBL's head. We begin to see The Miz act like JBL in ways. Mainly in wrestling style. He goes back to working a cowardly heel style. He's just not as flippy anymore, and tends to hold onto the ropes for protection, etc.

In the Royal Rumble, he hides under the ring for most of it, and comes out right at the end, where he is eliminated. Basically he continues to play a heel role after feuding with JBL. That feud simply lets The Miz have his legs as babyface, and it allows Josh Mathews some commentary dates. On shows where The Miz isn't scheduled to wrestle, he joins JBL out on commentary.

Just make him into a huge ass.

Mr. Nerfect
09-23-2006, 05:29 AM
I wasn't really feeling what I was writing then, because I feel like the WWE is doing a good job with The Miz (*SHOCK!* *HORROR!*). They just need to make sure we understand we're not meant to like him. Make him into a huge ass is the best advice I can give them.

Have him interview kids in the crowd, and ask if they paid to see The Miz, and then just nod as the kid is probably terrified. That would be glorious.

Mr. Nerfect
09-23-2006, 05:31 AM
Scrap my JBL feud. Fuck that. Just have him carry around a replica title, ask everyone if they love him, and then say they're in the minority when they say "No". Have him throw his shirts into the crowd, and then not notice when they are thrown back. Turning him into a John Cena-like role, where he acts so nice, and plays the role of Superman, but still gets booed, would be classic.

They could even go as far as have piped in cheers for him everywhere but PPV. Have JBL point out the live boos, but have Michael Cole just go "I can't hear anything". Just make him like John Cena.

Jalapeņo
09-23-2006, 08:26 AM
I liked the Real World and the Inferno. :-\

The Genius
09-23-2006, 09:30 AM
things i hate about the miz:
his physical appearance, he has a weird shaped face
his ring attire.....
his finishing his move and its name
how he cuts a promo talking about being on different tv shows and calls his fans mizfits.
hoorah

Kane Knight
09-23-2006, 10:08 AM

The Miz = Great heel.

Have they turned him heel, then? Because last I checked, the face commentator was all over him, they were dubbing in huge crowd reactions and "HOO RAH!"s, and trying to pretend he was a face.

Is this it? Has A6 finally actually lost all touch with reality?

Pepsi Man
09-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Have they turned him heel, then? Because last I checked, the face commentator was all over him, they were dubbing in huge crowd reactions and "HOO RAH!"s, and trying to pretend he was a face.

He's been going against face wrestlers and cheating to win, though. Cole being all over him is one thing I haven't understood, but honestly, to me, Miz has seemed like a heel ever since debuting in an actual match.

Rammsteinmad
09-23-2006, 10:28 AM
I've not actually seen any of his matches yet. He was annoying and boring during the Diva Search thing, but his Reality Check promos were fairly interesting. Seems they've dropped that, so right now I'm not sure...

Corkscrewed
09-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Alienoid's "nice heel" idea is pretty good. Basically what he or someone else suggested for Cena a few months ago.

That *could* work.

St. Jimmy
09-23-2006, 04:20 PM
For the love of god please stop booking the Bashems.

Mr. Nerfect
09-23-2006, 09:01 PM
For the love of god please stop booking the Bashems.

Huh? I booked The Miz. I just threw The Bashams in a match involved a guy they used to work for in kayfabe terms. Don't be a dick.

Mr. Nerfect
09-23-2006, 09:03 PM

It's kind of an odd situation. JBL is against him, Michael Cole is for him, but for the most part, he has been getting a lot of heat. I think they may actually pipe a lot of it in. Look at the list of opponents he has faced: Tatanka, Matt Hardy, Scotty 2 Hotty and Funaki. All of them are pretty over babyfaces. He's cheated to win his first two matches as well. He's definately been playing the heel role.

M-A-G
09-23-2006, 10:21 PM
I realize, I want to stab The Miz with a rusty spoon. Seriously, how the fuck does he have a job.

Woah, woah, woah, man...slow up there a bit and take a deep breath. You're telling me people watch SmackDown!?!?!?!?

owenbrown
09-24-2006, 04:03 AM
and i realized that:

http://y2jbenoit01.skyblog.com/pics/331197126_small.jpg

looks like:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e7/Wayne_brady_publicity_photo.jpg

You just NOW realized this? :p

owenbrown
09-24-2006, 04:05 AM

Can we also tell Michael Cole to shut the fuck up and stop sucking the Miz's cock while he wrestles too. :nono:

LoDownM
09-24-2006, 05:08 AM
Woah, woah, woah, man...slow up there a bit and take a deep breath. You're telling me people watch SmackDown!?!?!?!?

I normally just have it on in the background while i'm playing world of warcraft, or when I want to take a nap.

Blue Demon
09-24-2006, 09:31 AM
You just NOW realized this? :p
ya well :p

Dorkchop
09-24-2006, 10:40 AM
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3425/poochyda9.jpg

Kane Knight
09-24-2006, 10:47 AM
He's been going against face wrestlers and cheating to win, though. Cole being all over him is one thing I haven't understood, but honestly, to me, Miz has seemed like a heel ever since debuting in an actual match.

He's seemed like a heel, but they're dubbing crowd responses, he's been getting fellated by Cole and heat from JBL (are we supposed to agree with the heel?), and he's been put in roles that are more a face-element scenario. I don't know about the cheating to win bit, because everything else seems to scream face. Also, I don't remember most of his matches, but he didn't really cheat v Hardy, he just took advantage of a lucky break, didn't he? Or am I mixing up matches?

I could be. He's someone I just tune out, mostly, so his matches are background noise for me. I love Hardy, but when I expect to see him job to someone I don't care about, I tune out.

TerranRich
09-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Wow. I've been saying this for weeks, if not months. The Miz is horribly annoying on the mic. He seems like he has ADHD or something. But at least now he's sorta being booked as the annoying babyface that makes you want to stab him...with a rusty spoon.

:heart: @ ^

TerranRich
09-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Oh, and there's also the ever-prominent over-celebrating after a simple move like a snap mare takedown. $10 says WWE's booking him as the uber-annoying face.

.44 Magdalene
09-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Yeah, he's annoying as fuck. If they're booking him as a face, I can't tell, nor can I tell if he wrestles well or not because of all the blood that fills my eyes the second I even hear somebody mention him. If he's not a heel, then somebody upstairs is remedial.

Really, I don't know how much of it is him being good at being a heel, and how much of it is the fact that he's genuinely an annoying fuck in real life. It'd be like if WWE hired that guy who claimed he killed Jon Benet Ramsey or whatever. He's gonna get boo'd no matter what he does, right? So he'd make a great heel?

It ain't talent, folks. The guy's just obnoxious.

Mr. Nerfect
09-24-2006, 09:32 PM
Yeah, he's annoying as fuck. If they're booking him as a face, I can't tell, nor can I tell if he wrestles well or not because of all the blood that fills my eyes the second I even hear somebody mention him. If he's not a heel, then somebody upstairs is remedial.

Really, I don't know how much of it is him being good at being a heel, and how much of it is the fact that he's genuinely an annoying fuck in real life. It'd be like if WWE hired that guy who claimed he killed Jon Benet Ramsey or whatever. He's gonna get boo'd no matter what he does, right? So he'd make a great heel?

It ain't talent, folks. The guy's just obnoxious.

I get what you're saying, and I somewhat agree, but his work in OVW seems to indicate a definate ability to playing a heel character. Sort of like his obnoxious self, but with an asshole edge to it.

The guy does know how to play characters, and I doubt he is trying to not be obnoxious. He's not filtering his behaviour at all. And I'm 100% certain he is a heel. The place explodes with heat everytime he does something. He's only been in the ring with faces. He's a heel.

KingofOldSchool
09-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Miz needs to go back to his MTV.

The Optimist
09-25-2006, 12:38 AM
Miz needs to go back to his mom's vagina.

.44 Magdalene
09-25-2006, 02:54 AM
Miz needs to go back to being a twinkle in his daddy's eye.

TerranRich
09-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Miz <<<<< DNA Proteins