PDA

View Full Version : I am confused (TNA Spoilers)

Ruien
09-25-2006, 04:23 AM
Okay so Kurt Angle joined TNA and blah blah blah.

Where I get confused at is that people are saying TNA is going to compete with the WWE. But people also said this when Sting and Christian came. So when will they acually compete in your minds? Because everytime a new big star joins TNA people go "Oh he will make the WWE pay, he can make TNA". I just do not get it, why are we always saying this whenever a big name comes.

Blitz
09-25-2006, 04:33 AM
Because people get excited and start overestimating things.

Destor
09-25-2006, 04:34 AM
Marks overreact.

Tb1
09-25-2006, 04:37 AM
So when will they acually compete in your minds?

Never.

Blitz
09-25-2006, 04:45 AM
Well, never say never, but there is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go.

Londoner
09-25-2006, 05:59 AM
I think they will have a chance now cause they've got a 2 hour show from november, and Angle will increase the ratings definately.

Oh and btw Angle is way above the level of Sting& Christian.

Mr. Nerfect
09-25-2006, 06:12 AM
Because people get excited and start overestimating things.

That, and the fact the fact they have KURT FUCKING ANGLE. This isn't Christian Cage, this isn't Sting, this is KURT FUCKING ANGLE. He's probably the greatest guy in the world right now (broken down or not), so he instantly boosts TNA to mainstream level. He has headlined WrestleMania for crying out loud. He main evented it this year. He's been the WWE's MVP for a lot of his career.

Sting and Christian Cage were steps, and were interest drawers. Angle is mostly the same, but if they have him wrestle their X-Division guys and Samoa Joe, things will boom. Trust me.

Londoner
09-25-2006, 06:14 AM
^ Exactly. Anyone else think they will give Angle time to recover and he'll make his debut when they start with a 2 hour timeslot?

Dave Youell
09-25-2006, 06:22 AM
I think they will have a chance now cause they've got a 2 hour show from november, and Angle will increase the ratings definately.

Oh and btw Angle is way above the level of Sting& Christian.
No the Nov 16 show is 2 hours and then goes back to 1 hour the week after.

Being a prime time show, and with Angle, who is the first legit active main event worker they've brought in (Christian wasn't main event, and Sting hasn't been active for ages)

The ratings are bound to increase at first regardless, as they are going to be in a much better slot, however, they won't ever be considered competition unless they either start hitting 3.5-4.0 ratings which is highly doubtful. Or they move to Mondays, which would be suicide right now.

So no they won't be competition, but they we be stronger IMO

Londoner
09-25-2006, 06:37 AM
^ Ah right I didn't know the 2 hour thing was for one show. Bit stupid that imo. Maybe they're just seeing how TNA copes with it?

Pepsi Man
09-25-2006, 08:35 AM
He's probably the greatest guy in the world right now (broken down or not), so he instantly boosts TNA to mainstream level.
I hate to say this, but...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :D

Y2Jeremy
09-25-2006, 08:43 AM
I'm glad Angle signed. Hopefully it will be a step in the right direction for TNA to become competition. They are not competition now because they are on at two different times and provide two different wrestling styles. At this point, its like saying UFC and PRIDE are competition on TV, when they have no interaction with timeslots. Hopefully TNA boots JArrett from TV, and starts to pull in guys like Jericho or Storm.

Savio
09-25-2006, 08:43 AM
I heard the current plan is to have Angle to appear in a tag match vs Jarret then next night have him comes out and quit and stay gone until some one peresists shelly to stalk him then he'll come back pissed and job to jarret.

The Heat
09-25-2006, 08:47 AM
Anyone who doesn't admit that this is a major acquistion for TNA is a blind WWE mark.

Angle will have alot of impact on the show and the feuds he could possibly have are endless. Angle is the guy who could work with the younger, lesser known guys and elevate them to the top level. It would also rule to see Angle as the NWA Champion[which will happen].

If Angle appears @ Bound For Glory, I'm definetely ordering[as many others probably will]. I'm guessing alot of WWE faithfuls will now see TNA as a good alternative show. Now all they need is a 2-hour Impact, and they'll be set.

Pepsi Man
09-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Anyone who doesn't admit that this is a major acquistion for TNA is a blind WWE mark.

Angle will have alot of impact on the show and the feuds he could possibly have are endless. Angle is the guy who could work with the younger, lesser known guys and elevate them to the top level. It would also rule to see Angle as the NWA Champion[which will happen].

If Angle appears @ Bound For Glory, I'm definetely ordering[as many others probably will]. I'm guessing alot of WWE faithfuls will now see TNA as a good alternative show. Now all they need is a 2-hour Impact, and they'll be set.
Major acquisition for TNA =/= TNA instantly being competition.

6to1
09-25-2006, 09:20 AM
No the Nov 16 show is 2 hours and then goes back to 1 hour the week after.

Being a prime time show, and with Angle, who is the first legit active main event worker they've brought in (Christian wasn't main event, and Sting hasn't been active for ages)

The ratings are bound to increase at first regardless, as they are going to be in a much better slot, however, they won't ever be considered competition unless they either start hitting 3.5-4.0 ratings which is highly doubtful. Or they move to Mondays, which would be suicide right now.

So no they won't be competition, but they we be stronger IMO
well the way wwe's ratings are droping tna may not have to raise to high to be compation.

Xero
09-25-2006, 09:49 AM
They're not actual competition yet, and won't be for AT LEAST a year or two (probably more), but it significantly boosts TNA, at least for the short run. If they can keep making major signings like this, they can become a legit competitor, but until then, they're just making what looks like huge jumps but not landing very far away from where they started.

If there was any way to declare a war on WWE short of stealing away a main eventer who doesn't get fired, this would be it.

Caged Heat18
09-25-2006, 09:56 AM
Angle definetely has created a buzz for TNA, which is a good thing for them. I realize TNA has a lighter work schedule, so that definetley helps Angle, but still you have to wonder how long he'll be able compete before he completley injures himself.

TerranRich
09-25-2006, 10:17 AM
All you people that jizzed themselves over Angle during his prime, then say he will do nothing for TNA are just plain funny. Maybe not mainstream, but who knows?

Kane Knight
09-25-2006, 11:33 AM

I agree. Also, Eddie Guerrero's corpse would be a major aquisition. So what?

Kane Knight
09-25-2006, 11:36 AM
well the way wwe's ratings are droping tna may not have to raise to high to be compation.

Yeah. The way Smackdown only goes down when there are sports games on, and Raw has held relatively steady for the past 4-5 years, TNA's just got to bide their time until they get even more stable.

WWE's dying! :nono:

Pepsi Man
09-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Yeah. The way Smackdown only goes down when there are sports games on, and Raw has held relatively steady for the past 4-5 years, TNA's just got to bide their time until they get even more stable.

WWE's dying! :nono:
You've gotta take everything 6to1 says with a grain of salt. He's still bitter over the WWF purchasing WCW.

Rammsteinmad
09-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Hmm... Rhyno, The Dudleys, Christian, and now Kurt Angle... sounds like WCW 1994.

I honestly reckon this could be the start of something big for TNA. And what about Y2J? That thread about him maybe hinting at returning... Christian and Angle in TNA, and with 5/6 years of being poorly used in WWE, what do ya reckon?

Don't get me wrong, as much a TNA fan as I am, WWE will always be number one. But with how ridiculous WWE is right now (lame gimmicks, limitations and non-logic booking) I honestly hope TNA rises to the top to give WWE the wake up call it needs.

Kane Knight
09-25-2006, 12:53 PM
You've gotta take everything 6to1 says with a grain of salt. He's still bitter over the WWF purchasing WCW.

I'm just marvelled that he can figure out how to log on to TPWW with all the shit he spews.

As much as I'd like to see WWE's ratings drop enough to wake them up, it's not remotely close to being true.